Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Sorry Guys and Gals, don't mean to Blow Bubbles in the Spaghetti but I just don't like the looks and can't get excited over this. I still get exited over a lot of things at my age but this ain't one of them. Maybe a new Ferrari or Porsche but not this.

Still love my RTL!
    I probably wouldn't be excited by this either if I had or could afford a RTL

Spyder Garage

I dunno, apart from them looking sorta like low flying crickets after they've slammed so hard into the windscreen of an oncoming car that their tails've been driven almost as far up their arses as their noses've been shoved down their throats, they do look like a sorta interesting & potentially heaps of fun 'play around' package!?!

Low seating & CoG; light weight teamed with your choice of reasonable power output engines (should be a pretty good power to weight ratio whichever engine you choose); potentially better ground clearance, at least in the Rally versions, than from the rest of the current road-worthy crop from BRP; selectable Sport &/or Rally modes for 'controllable drifting' on the tarmac or gravel; and a pretty good choice of colours, accessories, & storage options... I'm definitely 'interested' in their potential as a fun toy!

Buuuut, while it does look like they have a 'different' tire tread selection, at least for the Rally versions, it still looks like it's gonna be on Kenda tires!! All the pics I've seen seem to show them wearing Kendas, albeit some appear more 'all-terrain' than the directional road tires! Aaaaannnd to add insult to that injury, according to their specs, it looks like these things are now specced for MC tires, only in a different set of slightly odd sizes from those generally available, which could mean we are stuck running Kendas if we want to remain legal cos it's doubtful too many others will make MC tires in suitable tread patterns & anything close to those sizes....

Plus, for those of us Down Under, cos there's no bodywork protruding beyond the front wheels or extending beyond the trailing end of the rear tyre, aaaand with the muffler not even making it as far as the rear tyre at all, & a few other niggling idiotic restrictions, I think there may be a good chance that we never actually get to see them on the roads here in Aus - at least not in the currently shown format!! Still, while the package itself might look interesting to start with, & while there may be some 'work-arounds' produced eventually that will get them past the current Aust Design Rules re body-work & mufflers, lights, etc, there's just NO WAY I'm ever going to be buying a vehicle for road use that is ONLY allowed to run on Kenda tires!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-14-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes 16 inch all around and Kendas all around. BTW I was really impressed with the cornering capabilities. Ryde position is very similar to the F3! That seat may be a bit lower.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default In the eye of the beholder

Just showed the wifey the pics of the Stryker. Her comment, "Yuk, that's ****ty looking. I don't care for that at all"! Opinions will vary. Don't think it will win any beauty contests, but they at least gave it a drive shaft. I'd like to see one in person and do a demo Ryde before I give out my opinion.

Coke
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

Hello Pirate,
    I have some questions. I am from Germany therefore the bumpy English.
    Can the fuel filler cap and the storage compartment be locked? Where is the ignition lock located? Can the parking brake be operated after removing the ignition key? Thanks
    Last edited by Batmobil-F3; 09-15-2018 at 05:17 AM.
    2016 F3-S Special Series , triple black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Well this is my lovely wife sitting on a Ryker! According to the folks at BRP, I was the first person not from BRP to ryde a Ryker on the Road!
    Thanks for the picture. I think that i will be possibly above the recommended size, when i look at your wife on this machine and then imagine my 6'2" 250 pound frame on this bike. But i will be giving one a test ride.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Picture for a size comparison(source reference https://www.brp.ca/on-road/fb-promot...ffer.html.html)

ryker-spyder.jpg

Sypder-Ryker-Vergleich.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Batmobil-F3; 09-15-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guzzihack View Post
    Just showed the wifey the pics of the Stryker. Her comment, "Yuk, that's ****ty looking. I don't care for that at all"! Opinions will vary. Don't think it will win any beauty contests, but they at least gave it a drive shaft. I'd like to see one in person and do a demo Ryde before I give out my opinion.

Coke
    Drive Shafts are a good thing!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    I probably wouldn't be excited by this either if I had or could afford a RTL

Truly sorry about that. Perhaps a lot of F3 and RT prices will drop because of this and diverted interest. Should be some very good deals in the near

future on used F3's and RT's. I would personally prefer a used F3 or RT over a new Stryker.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Jack, I rode my well optioned 2015 F3S to a Can-Am dealer yesterday to look at the as yet non-available Stryker and realized that there is absolutely very little comparison between my F3S and a 900 spec Stryker. I LOVE my SM6 (clutch/shifter) which I am delighted that Can-Am continues to make for 2019 which frankly surprised me since most of their customer base prefers the semi-automatic and now CVT transmissions. Certainly not a game changer for my needs and I am getting too old to go play in the dirt on a three wheeler. Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by susfrat View Post
    Hello Pirate,
    I have some questions. I am from Germany therefore the bumpy English.
    Can the fuel filler cap and the storage compartment be locked? Where is the ignition lock located? Can the parking brake be operated after removing the ignition key? Thanks
    It did not look like you could lock the gas cover, but it could be that once the key is out (slips in by your left leg). I don't believe you can use the e-brake after the key is removed. You shift into reverse with a lever close to your left foot!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Thanks for the picture. I think that i will be possibly above the recommended size, when i look at your wife on this machine and then imagine my 6'2" 250 pound frame on this bike. But i will be giving one a test ride.
    Probably not. She is 5'8". Maximum weight capacity is 450 lbs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Truly sorry about that. Perhaps a lot of F3 and RT prices will drop because of this and diverted interest. Should be some very good deals in the near

future on used F3's and RT's. I would personally prefer a used F3 or RT over a new Stryker.

​Jack
    The Ryker is not a Spyder. BRP was very adamant about. The base price on the 2019 RT will be $3500.00 lower.

Spyder Garage

Hello Pirate,
    Thank you very much for the information.

Spyder Garage

I like how "mean" looking it is. But then again, I'm partial to the F3 look as well. Seems about right for the target market and intent. this is not a slick city machine, that's not how they seem to be marketing it.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jack
    on the new "Tiffie"!
    They are about three steps past gorgeous!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LOCKING GAS CAP

It did not look like you could lock the gas cover, but it could be that once the key is out (slips in by your left leg). I don't believe you can use the e-brake after the key is removed. You shift into reverse with a lever close to your left foot!
    I was an LEO for 37 yrs. and never investigated a Gas theft from a Mtc. never even heard of it occurring …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Well this is my lovely wife sitting on a Ryker! According to the folks at BRP, I was the first person not from BRP to ryde a Ryker on the Road!
    How do you like it?

How does it handle?

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

In comparison to the spyder, how does the "Ryker" Start( do you have to turn the key, and wait for the computer to intialize)?

Or do you" turn the Key" and GO?

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I was an LEO for 37 yrs. and never investigated a Gas theft from a Mtc. never even heard of it occurring …. Mike
    They just don't carry enough fuel to be a target.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    That's because they usually take the whole damn bike! Gas and all!

A bit different with the Ryker and the bulging backbone makes it seem like it is carrying a boatload of fuel... Could make it more tempting to the bad sorts....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    In comparison to the spyder, how does the "Ryker" Start( do you have to turn the key, and wait for the computer to intialize)?

Or do you" turn the Key" and GO?

Deanna

Per videos- You attach a DESS connector to the left side (Like a Jet Ski) Push the Start button- Then a Twist of the throttle starts It.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It will fit in the RV!
    I was thinking that we will see a lot of them in the back of RV’s, especially the Rally models.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Sorry folks for the lack of response. We have been leading rydes non stop. First impression: This is a really fun machine. Just jump on, grip it and rip it. We only have access to the 600 cc version, but it really gets up and goes. I am told that this little beast weighs in at around 550 lbs. Fuel economy at about 45 to 50 mpg. All of the Nanny Mechanisms are built in so the safety factor remains in play. The 900 has Sport Mode, and also a Rally model with off road tires and "Rally Mode" to allow you to play in the dirt and have fun. Amazing how smooth it accelerates with no shifting at all. Shaft drive is very smooth and no "Vibration". Three colored panels that can be switched out for what ever color you want to ryde that day. They pop on and they pop off. Full "U-Fit" system that you can adjust in seconds for Ryders of different sizes. Both handle bars and foot pegs. You can even adjust the the angle of the Brake peddle. One panel slides back to reveal the gas tank, fill it, and slide it back. Gas and go! Rydes really nice and has a lots of accessories available. Detachable passenger seat with passenger pegs, additional storage can be purchased. Oh 16 inch wheels!

It is designed for 3 types of Ryders. The 20 to 30 something crowd that wants to commute to work with a back pack on their back that just can't afford the $30,000.00 machine. The Rally folks that want to mix it up in the dirt. Lastly for people like you that just want to go out and have fun. I think these guys are going sell really well, and I suggest you test ryde one when you have the opportunity.
    The panels pop on & off, any chance of blow off or missing grommets like on the RT?
    how is the access & view for checking fluids? I read about sliding door for gas does it lock??
    is there any storage space or only additional ?? If you please. Thanks in advance

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

The Ryker is not a Spyder. BRP was very adamant about. The base price on the 2019 RT will be $3500.00 lower.
    Would you be kind enough to elaborate on how BRP was adamant on the Ryker not being a Spyder? What details or explanations might they have expressed?

Thank you Pirate.
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.