Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Just placed an order, lets see how this goes.

Spyder Garage

It looks like you can mount it on your dash or bars. Or just do your tune and store it in a drawer. The site does not have much info on the product other than a short description.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    It looks like you can mount it on your dash or bars. Or just do your tune and store it in a drawer. The site does not have much info on the product other than a short description.
    I think I'll just do my tune and then leave it in the garage until I need, or want to change the tune, or take it for service. I was originally going to send the ECU to Monster for a flash, but I didn't want it to be over written if I needed service from a $tealership.

Spyder Garage

Those are the 2 tunes that are programed into the unit. You can make adjustments to the tune as well using the onboard tools or hooking it up to your computer. I called to ask these questions. For a price you can use it for more than one spyder. I asked him how much is the licence for a second spyder. He said 199.99, so for half the price or 600 total I can tune both mine and my wifes f3.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SmoovOpRatoR View Post
    I think I'll just do my tune and then leave it in the garage until I need, or want to change the tune, or take it for service. I was originally going to send the ECU to Monster for a flash, but I didn't want it to be over written if I needed service from a $tealership.
    Good point, it would be handy to flash the stock program before taking it in.
    2017 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been working with Dynojet to use on my 2014 RT for the new tuner. Should get more info and results soon.. So you have to buy the tuner at 399 then for another 199 to get a second license??

Spyder Garage

Nothing for my 15 RT
    2015 RTs , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I have been working with Dynojet to use on my 2014 RT for the new tuner. Should get more info and results soon.. So you have to buy the tuner at 399 then for another 199 to get a second license??
    No just buy one tuner and they can unlock it to tune more than one spyder is the way I understood it. Licence for a second spyder unlocks it for an additional $200.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I copied this from the FAQ page:

Can I tune another bike with my Power Vision?

The Power Vision, by default has the ability to tune one bike. Once it is married to a specific bike, it cannot be used to tune another bike. However, a license can be purchased allowing the Power Vision to tune another bike. There are three license options available, Unlock, Dual, and shop Tune license. Contact us for more information.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman View Post
    Nothing for my 15 RT
    Under the menu, it just gives years 2016 and 2017 for an RT. I don't know what the difference is from a 15.
    Aren't they all 1330 motors? Give them a call to explain.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

From the time I first found this site earlier today till now, they added a third Tune for my F3. This tells me they are just starting to add more tunes.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

....... I was originally going to send the ECU to Monster for a flash, but I didn't want it to be over written if I needed service from a $tealership.
    If Monster or anyone else splits your ECU case to upgrade the tune, it's EXTREMELY unlikely that the resulting upgraded tune will be able to be 'over-written' by any dealership or anyone, short of either splitting the ECU once again or replacing the box entirely with another one!

The 'tunes' that are open to being over-written are those applied via the OBD port, and that's a big part of why they are so much cheaper - they are only an 'add-on' to the original tune on the ECU, while those that require the case to be split are usually a complete replacement for the original tune. So effectively, that 'upgraded tune' becomes the new 'original tune' for that ECU, and it's really not easy to over-write that... well, short of repeating the process anyway altho I guess you could call it 'over-written' if you applied a few hefty whacks with a sledge hammer!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SmoovOpRatoR;1421575]Just placed an order, lets see how this goes.[/QUO

Seems like an Oxy sensor in the exhaust would be need to get accurate readings A/F .
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The third tune is from my 2014 spyder rt that they tweaked. Has not been tested yet. So the more tunes they get they will post more files for the spyder. That tuner from the little bit I played with it can do and see many things in your ECU map. So if a monster tune from someones spyder gets past along it may be transferred to another spyder once extracted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes buy the tuner at 399 then add another bike or dealer license at the added cost per license

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I purchased the tuner for my 2014 and would not power up well turns out they sent me the wrong ECU cable twice. Then was able to power up the tuner to find out the tunes were not compatible for my spyder so my ECU was sent to dynojet and now the third tune they posted is mine. It has not been tested yet but hope to get the ECU reinstalled and the tune loaded this weekend

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Digging thru the software a bit tonight and found what they did to my tune so far.

Altered DBW table
    Altered target AFR table
    Altered timing table
    Lowered fan temps
    Raised rev limit +300rpm
    Raised speed limits

Spyder Garage

Just placed an order, lets see how this goes.
    Any news on this yet? Just got off the phone with them and am ready to pull the trigger ,but wonder if there tunes are decent. Looks like a fairly simple setup.
    2020 Ryker Rally , Black/High Viz

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well I found out they sent the wrong cable for the PCX to me 3 times and found out another member has the same problem to where the PCX will not power up.

Once powered up the PCX had no tune for my Spyder. Back and forth with tech support and had to send my ECU to montana. Turns out the PCX will not read the Can Am ECU but will write to it.

Curious if others are having issues with there PCX and what model year Spyder you are using it on??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WindTherapist View Post
    Any news on this yet? Just got off the phone with them and am ready to pull the trigger ,but wonder if there tunes are decent. Looks like a fairly simple setup.
    Hasn't arrived yet, tracking number shows it should arrive on Saturday. I'll update once I get it and have some time to mess around with it.

Spyder Garage

Ordered my Power Vision for my 2017 F3.. we'll see how it goes....
    http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...pnum=PV3-25-05

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Digging thru the software a bit tonight and found what they did to my tune so far.

Altered DBW table
    Altered target AFR table
    Altered timing table
    Lowered fan temps
    Raised rev limit +300rpm
    Raised speed limits
    Any info as to what the limit was raised to? It would help confirm or deny something I have been told was not possible....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Any info as to what the limit was raised to? It would help confirm or deny something I have been told was not possible....

I did see the rev limit raised but not the speed limits compared to the stock and modified tune.

Will try and dig more..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Vehicle speed limit (139.8) rear axle

Spyder Garage

Vehicle speed limit (139.8) rear axle
    Hmmm, interesting. Thanks! Contradicts other info received.....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic