Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Signature Light, Nice, but don't buy!

Last March when I got my F3-t, I bought a Signature Light and liked it. Very visible. It was $175.00 with tax. Last in July, half of it burned out. No warranty apparently. Dealer says "Tough luck, bulbs are a 'wear item' so too bad." Yup I 'rented' the light for $10 a month. BRP and especially Johnny K in Niles Ohio suck as warranty replacements go. PS - Avoid Johnny K's in Niles Ohio. It's not just me. They don't care about their customers and nobody will even look at you when you walk in. You can stand at the parts counter for days.....
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Contact BRP directly. LED are not bulbs and are not wear items. Rear tail lights with built in LED are covered for instance. Dealer installed BRP accessories carry the same warranty as the bike they are on. IE they are a part of the bike. I have seen these covered in the past. Your dealer is the problem.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Contact BRP directly. LED are not bulbs and are not wear items. Rear tail lights with built in LED are covered for instance. Dealer installed BRP accessories carry the same warranty as the bike they are on. IE they are a part of the bike. I have seen these covered in the past. Your dealer is the problem.
    But have had good reports about Jonny K in Warren & Lodi maybe they can be more helpful & try to redeem the name

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

See what BRP says about it. The above advice is good.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Last March when I got my F3-t, I bought a Signature Light and liked it. Very visible. It was $175.00 with tax. Last in July, half of it burned out. No warranty apparently. Dealer says "Tough luck, bulbs are a 'wear item' so too bad." Yup I 'rented' the light for $10 a month. BRP and especially Johnny K in Niles Ohio suck as warranty replacements go. PS - Avoid Johnny K's in Niles Ohio. It's not just me. They don't care about their customers and nobody will even look at you when you walk in. You can stand at the parts counter for days.....
    Def not the norm for this light. Mine is 2 years old now and still going strong.... And as others have stated, it is an LED not an incandescent setup. It only looks like it is because the light is diffused by the opaque cover.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I installed it myself, but will try again.. Problem is, the person in parts and also service got the deer in the headlights look when I mentioned the signature light. "What's that??" I explained that it's not a bub but an LED. "Still... a wear item) Thus far, with the exception of Ben in parts who I have known for years, I have been less than impressed by anyone there in Niles. Where is Johnny K's in Warren?

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    But have had good reports about Jonny K in Warren & Lodi maybe they can be more helpful & try to redeem the name
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 09-17-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default light

mine did same thing dealer replaced it i also installed my self

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    mine did same thing dealer replaced it i also installed my self
    I called but no joy - yet. I will work my way up the food chain in a day or two.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thus far, with the exception of Ben in parts who I have known for years, I have been less than impressed by anyone there in Niles. Where is Johnny K's in Warren?
    Warren and Niles is the same store. It is basically on the outskirts of both as you know, but the official address is Niles, now. And yes, Ben is one of the good ones. Most of the other good ones went on to greener pastures.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 09-18-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

1/2 of mine went dead as well.

Fully covered and replaced under warrantee.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

So basically the problem is not really with the Signature Light, but with your dealer. I've had mine for over a year and a half with no problem. I did have a Spyderpops LED rear light kit that one side shorted out after about 6 months and he sent me a replacement quickly at no charge.
    If only BRP and dealers had that level of customer service...
    2017 F3-T SM6, Intense Pearl Red, SpyderPops Run/Turn/Brake, Baja Ron Sway Bar and Skid Plate, 21 Inch Tinted F4, Signature Light, Tricled LED Headlights Yokohoma S-Drive, Ultimate Tall Boy.

Spyder Garage

Bump. After trying to get Johnny K's in Niles Ohio to replace this defective set of LEDs known as a signature light, they won't do a thing. Apparently Signature lights are not worth the money spent and definitely Jonny K's in Niles is a bad dealership. I bought an extended warranty that was supposed to cover this stuff but doesn't, and they won't return my calls. I've heard bad words about this dealership in the past. I paid $150 or more for this light, so I "rented" a good light for $10 a month until it went bad. The final word today 4-12-18 is tough luck.

Don't buy a BRP signature light and don't go to Johnny K's in Niles. The employee turn over is horrendous there.

Spyder Garage

Have you tried to contact BRP?

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I too would suggest contacting BRP customer service directly. LED lights, no bulbs, should theoretically last for many MANY years of use. It's likely a short in the board, which means it's defective and is definitely not a wear item. Do a little research on LED lighting boards, so when you call you can sound educated on the topic and they can't buffalo you about it, if they try.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that you found a "Clunker" of a Dealership.
    Don't walk: RUN to a different dealer, and good luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Contct BRP Care directly at http://brp.care@brp.com, explain the complete situation and ask for assistance.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I had a signature light installed on my new R3 Limited when I purchased it and half of it burned out 2 months later. Took it to the dealer and he replaced it at no charge and it has worked since then. I don't know how long it will last but the dealer said it was covered by the warrantee.
    2017 F3 Limited , Light Asphalt Grey Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    Yeah, I too would suggest contacting BRP customer service directly. LED lights, no bulbs, should theoretically last for many MANY years of use. It's likely a short in the board, which means it's defective and is definitely not a wear item. Do a little research on LED lighting boards, so when you call you can sound educated on the topic and they can't buffalo you about it, if they try.
    Sorry, but you assume that I'm not edumacated enough. I build my own custom LED boards. It's the customer service people who seem trained to say no regardless of how much you try to edumacate 'em. The brain trust is their problem.

>CLICK ME<

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Sorry to hear that you found a "Clunker" of a Dealership.
    Don't walk: RUN to a different dealer, and good luck!
    They are not very populous here in these areas (or other areas). A ride to the next one is a good long haul.

Spyder Garage

On the other side of the coin, I bought a Tricled set of fog lights for my F3-S. After about a week, one of them began to dim or blink out intermittently. So I contacted them, sending a picture of what the light was doing (it was dimmer than the other at that time), and they sent me a replacement light lickety-split, no hassle at all. I'm very pleased with them.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheSpyderRyder View Post
    On the other side of the coin, I bought a Tricled set of fog lights for my F3-S. After about a week, one of them began to dim or blink out intermittently. So I contacted them, sending a picture of what the light was doing (it was dimmer than the other at that time), and they sent me a replacement light lickety-split, no hassle at all. I'm very pleased with them.
    Agreed. I had a problem with the dual A frame strips and got a replacement instantly.

Follow up on my email campaign for my light. Here is the reply I got from BRP. Now to find a dealer is SC that will help me out. I've jumped through this hoop three times already to no avail at Johnny K in Ohio who changed staff three times I tried this.

Quote Originally Posted by brp
    Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP.

Further to your request, after carefully researching your inquiry, we recommend you contact your local BRP dealership since they will need to contact the warranty department to explain the situation and see if exceptional coverage would be possible.

Please note that in order to provide its consumers premium quality technical support, BRP ensures that its dealers are technically trained and are also provided with a dealer dedicated technical support team, to answer any and all specific diagnostic, warranty, parts and repair questions. These lines are reserved for the dealers only.

Your dealer will need your unit's serial number to do the research. Please mention any modifications made to the unit as well.

To find a dealership in your area, please visit our website at: www.brp.com.
    You can click on the ''find a dealer'' tab on the top right corner of the screen. You must select your country at the bottom of the page. Please enter you city or zip code in order to see the closest dealers. You can then click on the logo of the different dealership to get their contact information.

Should you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact us by replying to this email or call us at 1-888-272-9222.

Once again, thank you for contacting BRP.

Alex P.
    Customer Service Representative

Spyder Garage

Could be why BRP doesn't carry or sell that light anymore!
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Doug, It's a 2018 post!!!! Got ya!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I note that this is a post from 2018. I don't believe there has been a lot posted of late as to the issue. I recently purchased a 2019 F3L and had the signature light installed. So far, it's working just fine. I bought the CanAm version for $150ish.

I also note that Lamonster Garage has a version for about $70. Might be a good alternative if you need a replacement or do not want to spend the bigger bucks.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

OK from 2018 or not what is a signature light?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

2022 RT Sea To Sky