Spyder Garage

Default RYKER questions I can't find answers to

What's the Ryker Rally mpg?
    Is the Ryker Rally a true off road vehicle? (Can I ride it on the beach without getting stuck?
    Will the new F3 and RT have CVT transmissions?
    Thank you all in advance!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ArañaRider View Post
    What's the Ryker Rally mpg?
    Is the Ryker Rally a true off road vehicle? (Can I ride it on the beach without getting stuck?
    Will the new F3 and RT have CVT transmissions?
    Thank you all in advance!
    - To my knowledge they have not released mpg numbers on any Ryker but The rally edition will be similar to the regular 900cc Ryker...from all the statements I have read the 600cc and 900cc ace motors coupled with a CVT will be more efficient than the 1330

- I don't think it will be a true off road vehicle and probably not great for beach sand.... its more likely for dirt or gravel roads since it has a shaft drive and a stray pebble or some trail/road debris can't harm the belt like it can on the F3/RT

-The Transmission on the new F3 and RT will stay the same as they have been.... either a sm6 or se6

Spyder Garage

Thank you!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 900 ACE motors in the sleds get about 25 mpg. The mileage should be better in the Ryker but I'm not sure how much better?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Regardless of what the fuel mileage is: they'll sink like stones in flat sand...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I suppose you could try the Ryker on hard sand like Daytona Beach, or salt flats.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    I suppose you could try the Ryker on hard sand like Daytona Beach, or salt flats.
    That's what I was wanting to do. We have a few beaches here in Florida where they allow you to drive your beach capable vehicle right onto the beach

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wouldn't want to put it anywhere near the salt spray...

Spyder Garage

Consider the lack of traction. You will be pushing two wheels with one.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Default Spyders are not Beach Ready

Quote Originally Posted by ArañaRider View Post
    That's what I was wanting to do. We have a few beaches here in Florida where they allow you to drive your beach capable vehicle right onto the beach
    DO NOT RIDE A SPYDER OUT ON THE BEACH HARD OR SOFT SAND. YOU WILL BE MADE A FOOL OF WHEN YOU GET STUCK AND WILL(GET STUCK). I USED TO OWN LAND IN FLORIDA AT BEACH SIDE AND SAW MANY MISTAKES OFF OUR DECK FACING THE BEACH....... ALUMINUM DOES NOT LIKE SALT EITHER.......JUST A WORD TO MAYBE THE WISE HERE.....JUST LOOKING AT SOME POSTS..THOUGHT I MIGHT ADD MY 2 CENTS HERE.........PEACE PLEASE TO ALL......POLLY

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RYKER VS SNOWMOBILE - mpg'S

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    The 900 ACE motors in the sleds get about 25 mpg. The mileage should be better in the Ryker but I'm not sure how much better?
    Rob any snowmobile has to be about the most in-efficient mechanical devices on the planet ( just behind boats ) …. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ryker gets very close to 50mpg's …..jmho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Rob any snowmobile has to be about the most in-efficient mechanical devices on the planet ( just behind boats ) …. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ryker gets very close to 50mpg's …..jmho ….. Mike
    I agree- My 900ACE in the Spark was very fuel efficient and that was pushing a impellor at 8000 rpm and a Jetski weighing 400 ponds at 50 MPH across the water? I will guess the Ryker at AVERAGE 50 MPH will get at least 40 MPG. (Or More)

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I doubt it would be 50. Maybe the 600 would be close to that. My guess would be about 40? I've been wrong about plenty of things plenty of times. I just know what the sled gets with that engine. The 900 in the sleds is supposed to be rated at 90hp I believe. Not sure why the Ryker is only rated for 77?

I agree snowmobiles are tough on gas and boats are worse. Mechanically though sleds are pretty simple machines.
    Last edited by Rob Rodriguez; 09-12-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

I doubt it would be 50. Maybe the 600 would be close to that. My guess would be about 40? I've been wrong about plenty of things plenty of times. I just know what the sled gets with that engine. The 900 in the sleds is supposed to be rated at 90hp I believe. Not sure why the Ryker is only rated for 77?

I agree snowmobiles are tough on gas and boats are worse. Mechanically though sleds are pretty simple machines.
    As a reference my 1330 RT which weighs 1100 lbs. +/- gets 39 mpg avg. ….. So you think the Ryker which weighs about 350 lbs. less with a smaller 3 cyl. engine is only going to get 1 mpg better. To me this doesn't seem right … Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    As a reference my 1330 RT which weighs 1100 lbs. +/- gets 39 mpg avg. ….. So you think the Ryker which weighs about 350 lbs. less with a smaller 3 cyl. engine is only going to get 1 mpg better. To me this doesn't seem right … Mike
    I'm saying I don't know and I'm guessing it will be about 40. Is that a good guess? Maybe, I don't know? None of us know. We are all guessing.

All I know for sure is my 900 ace powered snowmobile gets about 25mpg and my RS gets about 25-30mpg.

I'm sure BRP has this info or their own expected guess numbers. I wonder why they don't publish them along with top speed and zero to 60 numbers?

Spyder Garage

I'm saying I don't know and I'm guessing it will be about 40. Is that a good guess? Maybe, I don't know? None of us know. We are all guessing.

All I know for sure is my 900 ace powered snowmobile gets about 25mpg and my RS gets about 25-30mpg.

I'm sure BRP has this info or their own expected guess numbers. I wonder why they don't publish them along with top speed and zero to 60 numbers?
    I don't think they have ever posted those numbers for any other model of Spyder they make, have they?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Culpjp View Post
    I don't think they have ever posted those numbers for any other model of Spyder they make, have they?
    I don't think they have? But why not? I'm sure they have the data. I mean two days into the Ryker reveal and the question of the estimated mpg is being asked by customers / potential customers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only time that they ever gave a hint about fuel mileage; was when they posted the "range to empty" for the 2014 RT...
    Which was 252 miles: at 62 mph.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    - To my knowledge they have not released mpg numbers on any Ryker but The rally edition will be similar to the regular 900cc Ryker...from all the statements I have read the 600cc and 900cc ace motors coupled with a CVT will be more efficient than the 1330

- I don't think it will be a true off road vehicle and probably not great for beach sand.... its more likely for dirt or gravel roads since it has a shaft drive and a stray pebble or some trail/road debris can't harm the belt like it can on the F3/RT

-The Transmission on the new F3 and RT will stay the same as they have been.... either a sm6 or se6
    :Welcome: Hey, 1st I am still in a learning mode, so you said, "since it has a shaft drive" then you said "can't harm the belt", so does the Ryker have a direct drive or is it belt driven??

I do agree the Ryker might be a lighter trike, but without out ballon tires or tracks it certainly would sink in soft sand.

Did I read that the Ryker has a 5 gallon gas tank? I would hope it would get 275 or 300 miles per tank, if not I would think it was a gas hog. ~Andy

Spyder Garage

Just bought the wife a 600. first tank was in the low 40's per gallon. Once she became a little more confident on it her wrist seems a little heavy at take off from stop lights. It then dropped down to low to mid 30's. Motor is not broke in yet but I am guessing it will be somewhere in the 30+ MPG unless you baby it.