Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

That's the same dealership we bought my wife's bike and they are decent people to deal with. You for sure tried and in the end you realized it was enough, smart.

Congratulations on the new ride, hopefully soon we can meet and go for a ride.
    2012 RT A&C SE5
    2015 Victory Cross Country (Dyno tuned 118hp 116tq)
    2006 Triumph Rocket Dyno tuned 140hp 154tq)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default All that for a lousy PO174 code....

Been there done that, on more than one occasion. Once you lose all confidence in something it's not worth the uncertainty of owning it any longer. Just the agony of wondering when or where it's going to die on you and leave you stranded is enough to make the trip not worth taking. Wish you all the luck with your new purchase and happy trails from here on out. Sounds like the dealer was a standup guy. Not too many of those fellows around these days.

Spyder Garage

Glad you were able to work out a solution. Good luck going forward with your new RT Limited.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Insyder View Post
    After lengthy negotiations with the sales department, they agreed to allow me within $1000 of what I paid for the bike in trade, and increased the BRP 2018 discount to $8000 on a new RT Limited. They also ate the $335 due for the repair bill. Also, because of this experience, I did something I have never done before. I purchased an extended bumper to bumper warranty.
    While it sounds like you made out alright on the the deal, I can't help but wonder what they are going to do with your old Spyder? Pass the headache along to someone else?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I think it was sold. I got a frantic call from their business mgr. about three weeks later asking for the title, which surprised me, since I had signed the official ADOT power of attorney documents when the deal was done. Anyway, I hope the new owner has better luck than I did. It was a beautiful bike with less than 4K miles. Maybe since the dealer had it for three plus weeks after I traded it, they were able to spend more time diagnosing the problem without the pressure of a customer waiting.