Spyder Garage

Default How's this for confusing?

20180607_123108.jpg

The frunk say RTSS. The saddlebag says RTS. The passenger backrest is embroidered with 'Limited'. This is the way the bike came from the dealer in 2014. I'm told the dealer did this to be able to say 'You'll never see another bike like this one'. It was traded in to the same dealer this spring, and I picked it up in July with 34k miles. I must say I like the color combination. It is confusing though when I'm asked what model it is. I'm assuming it would be considered a Limited.

Is my assumption correct? Anyone ever see this color combination before? In any event, I've put over 5,000 miles on it so far and have fallen in love. I moved up from a '10 RS to get more comfort for myself and my better half, and this one really fills the bill. We are looking forward to hitting the road to some of the Spyder events next year and putting many more miles on her. So far it's been a very pleasant experience - aside from the draining sound coming from my bank account as the farkle vendors suck me dry .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    !

Spyder Garage

Corrected to: Cowtown (Cuba MO) was playing around with those "hybrids" for a year or so.

I would say you have a "unique" version--but not necessarily a collector. I would call it a "custom" Spyder.

Different looks for sure. BRP has had mixed results offering the GS (Premier) edition as well as the 2010 (Premier RTS), the "triple black," and even the 10th Anniversary edition of the Spyder models.

I am betting there is a white top/ red bottom one out there someplace...
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-11-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I like it okay (colors), but you could really lose the goofy decals.

If you don't have the GPS, or the rolling frunk bag, then it's not a LTD.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 4 MARIE View Post
    I like it okay (colors), but you could really lose the goofy decals.

If you don't have the GPS, or the rolling frunk bag, then it's not a LTD.
    Looks like he has the GPS!
    Ride safe!

Spyder Garage

My 2011 Viper Red RTS has a backrest that says Limited...

But only because I upgraded the original "watersports" feel seat to a newer set from a 2014 or 2015...

Seriously thougj... that original seat was so squishy it put my legs to sleep... the later year one is a lot more firm and comfortable for me.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Cowtown USA in Cuba MO has been swapping body panels for years.

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Cowtown USA in Cuba MO has been swapping body panels for years.

JT
    You nailed it jcthornton. It is a Cowtown bike. Since I do have the factory Garmin and the frunk bag, I'm going with the Limited model. And yes, I'll remove the 'goofy' decals. I talked myself into that last week.
    !

Spyder Garage

Go to the BRP web site and type the VIN in the block where you can check on safety recalls. The answer will come up what it was when it left the factory. I would bet that with the chrome wheels, footboards, seatback and GPS it was manufactured a Ltd.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cdakers View Post
    You nailed it jthornton. It is a Cowtown bike. Since I do have the factory Garmin and the frunk bag, I'm going with the Limited model. And yes, I'll remove the 'goofy' decals. I talked myself into that last week.
    Are you going to Spyder Palooza in Farmington MO this weekend?

JT

Spyder Garage

Are you going to Spyder Palooza in Farmington MO this weekend??

JT
    I'm undecided. I had a bad experience with the service dept at Midwest back in March and vowed not to patronize their establishment. BUT, since proceeds go to a charity I may reconsider. The problem I'm having is with a lack of info on the event. Have you seen an event schedule? The website for the event has next to no information about anything. If that is any indication of how the event is being handled I'm inclined to pass on it.

If I could find out more info about the events I could reconsider. Please feel free to share any info you have. Did you pre register?
    !

Spyder Garage

Default Limited my guess

Interesting. I like the color combo. I'm guessing limited given the chrome wheels, chrome passenger boards, GPS, and Limited stitching on the passenger seat. All that matters is that you are happy with it.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

I checked the VIN and it is listed as a Limited. And you are right - me being happy with it is what matters. And I am beyond happy with it! It meets all my needs (ok, more HP would be nice), looks great and gets awesome mpg and smiles per mile.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Craig
    !

Spyder Garage

I'm undecided. I had a bad experience with the service dept at Midwest back in March and vowed not to patronize their establishment. BUT, since proceeds go to a charity I may reconsider. The problem I'm having is with a lack of info on the event. Have you seen an event schedule? The website for the event has next to no information about anything. If that is any indication of how the event is being handled I'm inclined to pass on it.

If I could find out more info about the events I could reconsider. Please feel free to share any info you have. Did you pre register?
    http://www.spyderpalooza.com

Yes, I pre registered.

JT

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderpalooza.com

Yes, I pre registered.

JT
    The event schedule link doesn't tell me squat - hence my request for more info on the schedule of events. I'm thinking I can make Saturday's events, but it would be nice to know what they were, and when they were happening.
    !

Spyder Garage

Looking at their site, the SS designation seems to say that it is their version of the bike. You can see on this page how they mixed up the panels from a red and black F3. Personally, I really like what they are doing, but the dealer decals need to go.

http://www.cowtownusainc.com/f3-s
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

The event schedule link doesn't tell me squat - hence my request for more info on the schedule of events. I'm thinking I can make Saturday's events, but it would be nice to know what they were, and when they were happening.
    The person that handled the web page and PayPal did not this year and I didn't find out in time to do it for Sheri this year.

JT

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wasn't there a "Special Edition" in 2014 with some interesting color combinations?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)