Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Ykester!!!

Sold my 2008 GS just in the nick of time These are going to destroy resale values!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup!

But now you'd be competing with value and features: not with pricing...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Apples and oranges. GS/ST crowd probably would be different than the Ryker crowd. Sleek and sporty vs bobber and urban
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Perhaps..

Glad I still have my GS. Not sure how a smaller Ryker would be a better fit for me. And for what I purchased mine for in 2014 with very low miles. Sure, you'll be able to get a 900 Ryker for less than $10K..naked. With nothing. No frunk to speak of. So, will those that own a GS, RS, RS-S, or ST suffer if they want to sell theirs, to say, purchase an RT or F3, perhaps. Or maybe they just will buy a Ryker to mess around with. Shorter trips. Ice cream run...etc.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

this ryker won't have any negative effect on the resale of our rides. I say this because the ryker will increase brand awareness and value. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It'll also open up more folks to the idea of riding!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
    this ryker won't have any negative effect on the resale of our rides. I say this because the ryker will increase brand awareness and value. Chris
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post

Not directly, but indirectly it already has. BRP lowered list pricing for the 2019s and tossed 5k rebates on 18s...

Street pricing for new F3L is down to 20k from 28
    New F3T down to 16.5 and F3S at 13.5.

The used market is dropping fast to slip in under those points. With used F3S now below 10k its going to push 998 bikes further down. With the Ryker at under 10k new, there will be pressure to push older RS and ST models even further down. You will see them in the 7k range soon after the Ryker becomes readily available and also discounted.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    Sold my 2008 GS just in the nick of time These are going to destroy resale values!!
    I think so. For the past month I had considered buying a 2014 RS (998) as a second Spyder for my family...but not anymore after seeing the Ryker. The 998s from the very early years and in good condition may hold value as a collectible down the road, but for me as a buyer today seeing the Ryker...I won't consider buying anything used unless it's a good deal on a F3 or RT 1330.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree. People go with the money.
    Most people are not into long distance high mileage touring and will want to save a few bucks.

Spyder Garage

There is no way the Purchaser of my GS would have paid the amount he did if this new Can Am model was around. He would be the proud owner of a new 2019 vehicle instead of a used 2008 vehicle for a few hundred more dollars more. Take a look at how many used Spyders are for sale out there. I can’t believe I sold mine

Spyder Garage

There is no way the Purchaser of my GS would have paid the amount he did if this new Can Am model was around. He would be the proud owner of a new 2019 vehicle instead of a used 2008 vehicle for a few hundred more dollars more. Take a look at how many used Spyders are for sale out there. I can’t believe I sold mine
    I don’t know, I’m considering buying an RSS over the Ryker. I’d love to see the new Ryker model of course and get an idea of the physical size of it but my fear is that with both of us on it we might look like two bumblebees on a match. Of course you guys will be getting it for a lot less than those of us north of the border. Which makes it more sense to look at the older model for me.
    I think I’ll wait though ‘till it makes it’s appearance before I make any final decision! They have made a few unique changes that might make it all worthwhile. There again those of us who take the plunge will be the guinea pigs. It is curious though that they are offering only one year warranty which you can extend (at an extra cost) so they must know that the whole plot is thoroughly reliable or they’ve ironed all the bugs out of it.
    2012 RT , Yes Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dubliner View Post
    I don’t know, I’m considering buying an RSS over the Ryker. I’d love to see the new Ryker model of course and get an idea of the physical size of it but my fear is that with both of us on it we might look like two bumblebees on a match. Of course you guys will be getting it for a lot less than those of us north of the border. Which makes it more sense to look at the older model for me.
    I think I’ll wait though ‘till it makes it’s appearance before I make any final decision! They have made a few unique changes that might make it all worthwhile. There again those of us who take the plunge will be the guinea pigs. It is curious though that they are offering only one year warranty which you can extend (at an extra cost) so they must know that the whole plot is thoroughly reliable or they’ve ironed all the bugs out of it.
    When I did an on line pre-order pending test drive they are offering an additional year of BEST FREE if you actually order before Jan 31st, I believe.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dubliner View Post
    Based on what I have seen so far--there was a picture of the Ryker parked by an RT. The Ryker was about 3/4 size.

IMO--the Ryker is not going to be a good "two up" machine. I have referred to the optional passenger seat as a "suicide" seat. No friend of mine would be relegated to that seat. The seat is available--but definitely a second or third class ride for the passenger.

I was a "beta tester" for 2008, 2009 SE, 2010 RT, and 2014 1330 RT. I am going to leave that for others this go around. I will add, that my experiences were ALL GOOD though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They've crossed this County on scooters: nythinbg is possible...

Spyder Garage

I can’t see my wife traveling several thousand miles on a trip with a Ryker holding all her gear. It is a different product and niche. So there is no need to compare the GS, ST or STL to the Ryker. A Spyder is a Spyder. A Ryker is a Ryker period!
    2012 RT-S and 2013 STL

Spyder Garage

I’ve got about 1000 miles on my Ryker rally now. One 400 mile round trip on the super slab and the rest just raging around the Metroplex. GREAT FUN! Its different from a spider and more like a snowmobile for the asphalt. Loads of fun and is a blast to drift everywhere! For me it was a great purchase. YMMV

Spyder Garage

What about the Ryker resale value???

My opinion is they won't be very good.

Also when I was at the dealership over the weekend they had the Ryker lined up next to the Spyder's, and they look like a little big wheel compared to the Spyder's when lined up the way they had them at the dealership. What stood out to me is when you look at them next to a Spyder my 1st though was you get what you pay for, there is absolutely a reason the Ryker has a cheaper MSRP. You can see that plain as day.

The Rykers in my opinion will not hurt resale value to Spyder's. They are in a class / brand by themselves. Someone else mentioned the styling won't appeal to all. I don't see the Ryker as comfortable (you can feel how small it is), and or good looking in the least bit. I like the RS-S style seating position / foot position, & a super sport bike look.

I wouldn't be concerned with the resale of Spyder's, but the Ryker I would bet you will be able to pick these up used for cheap in less than 4 years.

Spyder Garage

Personally, I really think they are different markets / targets (as an overarching statement).

I've never had any interest (and still don't) in the Spyder line. They are way too "touring" focused to suit me, the closest I've ever owned to a touring machine is a Ducati Monster, lol.

The Ryker on the other hand is a 3 wheeled fun machine that caught my interest the minute I saw it. To be honest, I wrote it off at first assuming pricing would be way higher like the spider line. Started doing some online research and put a deposit down later that week...

I there there is a portion of the population of Spyder owners who will also have interest in the Ryker, but I have to believe there is a much larger population out there like myself, who wouldn't be on 3 wheels at all without a machine like this. Smaller, lighter, sportier, a "toy".

They are pulling new people into their fold, which is an awesome move.

Resale on used I'm sure will be very reasonable. These shouldn't depreciate much more or less than any other sport oriented bikes. The next few years will probably bring decent used money until more get out into the used marked, and like anything else it will depend on what the market will bring in any given area.

I also have to assume that they are trying to force some into the used market by offering and seemingly pushing pretty hard on leases. That's a great way to get some used on the sales floors relatively quickly.

Given the price points being what they are, I can't say that resale value really came into my mind as a part of the purchase decision.

Quote Originally Posted by JAS POWER View Post
    What about the Ryker resale value???

My opinion is they won't be very good.

Also when I was at the dealership over the weekend they had the Ryker lined up next to the Spyder's, and they look like a little big wheel compared to the Spyder's when lined up the way they had them at the dealership. What stood out to me is when you look at them next to a Spyder my 1st though was you get what you pay for, there is absolutely a reason the Ryker has a cheaper MSRP. You can see that plain as day.

The Rykers in my opinion will not hurt resale value to Spyder's. They are in a class / brand by themselves. Someone else mentioned the styling won't appeal to all. I don't see the Ryker as comfortable (you can feel how small it is), and or good looking in the least bit. I like the RS-S style seating position / foot position, & a super sport bike look.

I wouldn't be concerned with the resale of Spyder's, but the Ryker I would recon you will be able to pick these up used for cheap in less than 4 years.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker2112 View Post
    I've never had any interest (and still don't) in the Spyder line. They are way too "touring" focused to suit me, the closest I've ever owned to a touring machine is a Ducati Monster, lol.
    Agree 100% the Spyder lineup since 2014 is very touring/ cruising focused (that's the crowd that is buying them), the Spyder GS, & RS(S) models are the sportiest Spyder / Rykers by far!

My RS-S in my garage looks just as sporty as my Yamaha super sport bike! The riding position of the RS-S is also very similar to my Yamaha super bike. I don't know of any "sporty" bike that puts the legs out in front of you as the Ryker / F3 does, & making you reach for the sky to find the handle bars for sure is far from a sporty feel. I don't see any bikes at a race track that resemble the Ryker riding position.

The Ryker if you want to compare it to a "sporty" bike would be like Harley's attempt at the sport bike, all those have terrible resale value.

I think Can-Am tip toed on the styling, riding position, because they know the age of people buying the Spyder's, and still are not sure if they are going to pull the young kids out of their cars. Can-Am made sure the crowd buying Spyder's now will have some interest in the Ryker in the way of looks, & riding position in general.

In a nut shell any new low MSRP priced bike / Ryker will carry a low resale value, same is even true with cars. The one thing I feel that can add to a low priced new MSRP vehicle in general is its reputation for dependability. Then people won't be afraid to purchase a used one with some miles opposed to buying a new one.

Spyder Garage

Don't disagree, and certainly didn't mean to imply that the riding position itself shares any similarities with a sport bike.

I WILL say, for what its worth, its the first thing I've been on where I still feel fully in control with a feet forward and body upright riding position.

I've ridden plenty of Harleys, and other touring bikes and have never truly felt comfortable / in control with my feet forward. This machine is very different and I don't have any of those same reservations when riding it. Regardless of foot and bar position, this thing just begs to be thrown around, slid around, and played with. Its simply awesome.

That said, its not a replacement for my sport bike / track toy either, but is a fun evening / weekend warrior and pleasant addition to the stable.

Quote Originally Posted by JAS POWER View Post
    Agree 100% the Spyder lineup since 2014 is very touring/ cruising focused (that's the crowd that is buying them), the Spyder GS, & RS(S) models are the sportiest Spyder / Rykers by far!

My RS-S in my garage looks just as sporty as my Yamaha super sport bike! The riding position of the RS-S is also very similar to my Yamaha super bike. I don't know of any "sporty" bike that puts the legs out in front of you as the Ryker / F3 does, & making you reach for the sky to find the handle bars for sure is far from a sporty feel. I don't see any bikes at a race track that resemble the Ryker riding position.

The Ryker if you want to compare it to a "sporty" bike would be like Harley's attempt at the sport bike, all those have terrible resale value.

I think Can-Am tip toed on the styling, riding position, because they know the age of people buying the Spyder's, and still are not sure if they are going to pull the young kids out of their cars. Can-Am made sure the crowd buying Spyder's now will have some interest in the Ryker in the way of looks, & riding position in general.

In a nut shell any new low MSRP priced bike / Ryker will carry a low resale value, same is even true with cars. The one thing I feel that can add to a low priced new MSRP vehicle in general is its reputation for dependability. Then people won't be afraid to purchase a used one with some miles opposed to buying a new one.