Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2019 F3L price drop.

Did anyone notice the 19 F3L dropped 4k in price.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default New sales tactic?

I noticed. Wonder if BRP decided to stop using rebates as a sales tactics and just start offering a more reasonable MSRP to begin with. It looks like the F3 and F3-S might be getting a new dashboard...maybe there is some cost savings there too?

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
    I noticed. Wonder if BRP decided to stop using rebates as a sales tactics and just start offering a more reasonable MSRP to begin with. It looks like the F3 and F3-S might be getting a new dashboard...maybe there is some cost savings there too?
    Makes sense to me. In the end...it's the "out the door" price that counts.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yea- The base F3 with Auto is 16,999!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

The RT's are down in price as well.

Spyder Garage

If they did, that's a failed tactic. People don't understand that the price is lower and don't feel like they are getting a good deal, like if they are getting a rebate. JC Penny tried that also, rather than putting everything on sale, they just lowered the price to what it would have been with the sale price. People bought less stuff

Spyder Garage

Ether way it is going to knock the crap out of the value of my 2018 RTL .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

$8500 for a Ryker might affect the F3 market, too!
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Spyder Garage

Default Demographic Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Culpjp View Post
    If they did, that's a failed tactic. People don't understand that the price is lower and don't feel like they are getting a good deal, like if they are getting a rebate. JC Penny tried that also, rather than putting everything on sale, they just lowered the price to what it would have been with the sale price. People bought less stuff
    I have no special knowledge to why they've lowered the price and I'm only guessing in my previous post. I do know though, my local dealer was extremely frustrated this past summer with the fluctuating rebates for my 2017 RT Limited. In the few months leading up to my purchase...the conversation went from the price he could give me, to the price he could give me with the $3,000 rebate, and to the price he couldn't give me with the $4,500 rebate (he had very little wiggle room to lower the price beyond the rebate). I suspect dealers in general would like a more stable pricing for the Ryker and Spyder as long as they can still lure customers in the door with the new pricing structure. Hopefully, BRP makes some announcements about the new prices that the dealers can explain to their customers.

I appreciate your comparison with JC Penny (I'm more of a Sears missing Montgomery Ward guy) and do think you're right that they're going to have to make some type of "this is a good deal sale" to bring people like you and me in. At the new prices though, I wouldn't expect a repeat of those $3000 to $4500 rebates but lesser incentive package.

BUT...given the new Ryker line and the push to reaching demographics, BRP likely needs to change how sells these reverse trikes to a younger generation. Younger people don't want to wheel and deal and their initial shopping isn't being done at the dealership but online. If the dealer can't promise them a best price online or refuses to display their sale price...they don't call but instead move one. My local Ford dealer now sales cars at a fixed "best price" with no haggling. Older folks don't like it...but new customers love this no haggle pricing structure.

Again though, I'm only guessing. Any dealers here that can explain the new pricing structure for the F3 and RT? The motivation for the change?
    Last edited by BryanSD; 09-11-2018 at 08:47 AM.

- Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by petegtsv10 View Post
    $8500 for a Ryker might affect the F3 market, too!
    Yea, that's going to be a difficult choice...high-end Ryker or low-end F3?

I suspect both the Ryker's price and the new F3/RT prices will put a lot of pressure on the resale value of the older 990 Spyders (2014 and older).

Spyder Garage

RE: Demographics--anybody check out the models that are being shown with the new Ryker? Looks like they are looking for a whole different market.

RE: Price Drops: The only downside--it is going to put a real crimp in the current used market. I am thinking lucky to get $10K for my 2011 and $12K for the 2014--IF I were going to sell my RT's.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-10-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    RE: Demographics--anybody check out the models that are being shown with the new Ryker? Looks like they are looking for a whole different market.

RE: Price Drops: The only downside--it is going to put a real crimp in the current used market. I am thinking lucky to get $10K for my 2011 and $12K for the 2014--IF I were going to sell my RT's.
    Agree on both counts. Will be interesting to see what happens with the pricing for the left-over 2018's still remaining at the dealer. Even with the rebates for the 2018...the 2019 Ryker and the 2019 prices for the RT/F3 has me wondering what dealers will do with their old inventory.

Spyder Garage

I have a deal pending now for a used '17 F3 LTD, 5000 miles wit lots of Extra stuff thrown in for 24ooo. This is making me wonder if I should go ahead with the deal.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

There is a 17 F3L gray with taller windshield on ebay for 18,300 obo with 5k+ miles. It is in Indianapolis Indiana. You can by a new 2019 for 24,500 I paid 24,600 out the door back in July for my 18 F3L
    Last edited by JP58; 09-10-2018 at 09:14 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Are you buying or selling?

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I have a deal pending now for a used '17 F3 LTD, 5000 miles wit lots of Extra stuff thrown in for 24ooo. This is making me wonder if I should go ahead with the deal.
    It depends if you are the buyer (no) or seller (yes) - IMO.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

We had a deal pending as well for a Demo 2017 F3 Limited and then we found out that 2019 F3 Limited (Dark) is only a $1000 more. The plus side is that now we can now get it without the chrome which we prefer. My wife is really liking the Orange one.

Spyder Garage

I have seen 2018's used for less than that. That is not a deal.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Yea, that's going to be a difficult choice...high-end Ryker or low-end F3?
    ).
    Not a difficult choice if you plan on touring. Maybe if you’re looking for a commuter vehicle

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Who's the fool?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    When I buy any toy (motorcycle, RV, Boat) I know I'm going to lose "at least" 75% of my money when it sells.....period.
    When I sell my F3s next year it'll be like tossing my cash on a camp fire.
    This does not bother me because I knew what was coming BEFORE I bought my latest toy.
    So who is the fool? The buyer? The seller? The answer is neither because I'm having a ball not giving a sh*t.

Spyder Garage

Default Price is same on RT

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Did anyone notice the 19 F3L dropped 4k in price.
    Im not sure if it’s the same w F3, but the initial price of the RTL was lower...until I looked at equipment. The 19 doesn’t have same standard equipment that the 18 has. Floor boards, electric windshield etc. If u go to their site, build one w the equipment u have on your 18. The RTL was a little more expensive than the 18 MSRP I own, once I added floorboards etc. Just a marketing tool to get people in the door.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

I have no special knowledge to why they've lowered the price and I'm only guessing in my previous post. I do know though, my local dealer was extremely frustrated this past summer with the fluctuating rebates for my 2017 RT Limited. In the few months leading up to my purchase...the conversation went from the price he could give me, to the price he could give me with the $3,000 rebate, and to the price he couldn't give me with the $4,500 rebate (he had very little wiggle room to lower the price beyond the rebate). I suspect dealers in general would like a more stable pricing for the Ryker and Spyder as long as they can still lure customers in the door with the new pricing structure. Hopefully, BRP makes some announcements about the new prices that the dealers can explain to their customers.

I appreciate your comparison with JC Penny (I'm more of a Sears missing Montgomery Ward guy) and do think you're right that they're going to have to make some type of "this is a good deal sale" to bring people like you and me in. At the new prices though, I wouldn't expect a repeat of those $3000 to $4500 rebates but lesser incentive package.

BUT...given the new Ryker line and the push to reaching demographics, BRP likely needs to change how sells these reverse trikes to a younger generation. Younger people don't want to wheel and deal and their initial shopping isn't being done at the dealership but online. If the dealer can't promise them a best price online or refuses to display their sale price...they don't call but instead move one. My local Ford dealer now sales cars at a fixed "best price" with no haggling. Older folks don't like it...but new customers love this no haggle pricing structure.

Again though, I'm only guessing. Any dealers here that can explain the new pricing structure for the F3 and RT? The motivation for the change?
    I got my 2017 RT-S for just a hair over $20k about a week ago. $4,500 off sale for left over inventory. I sent the dealer a link to a 2014 limited I was looking at that had 4,800 miles and was fully loaded for just shy of $18K. I said why would I pay all that for the 2017 left over? They dropped the price another $2,500 and I said well then, now I will buy it.

Spyder Garage

Since we're talking about F3 pricing. BRP just put out their latest rebate (though other than a FB post, I see no mention of it elsewhere). Anyways, I just got a quote from imotorsports for a 2018 F3L, $21,999. That seems to be fair and comparable (especially with it being shipped to my driveway here in back woods KY). Thoughs?Screenshot_20180910-140409_Facebook.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
    Since we're talking about F3 pricing. BRP just put out their latest rebate (though other than a FB post, I see no mention of it elsewhere). Anyways, I just got a quote from imotorsports for a 2018 F3L, $21,999. That seems to be fair and comparable (especially with it being shipped to my driveway here in back woods KY). Thoughs?Screenshot_20180910-140409_Facebook.jpg
    Dark or Chrome? If it's Chrome, no question it's a fantastic deal. If it's a Dark trim, you're talking about just a $2500 price difference to the 2019 equivalent. I'd see if you can squeeze another $500 out of them (although delivery to your door step may be why they won't go lower). Still $2500 off is nothing to sneeze at. As I mentioned before, given the starting low prices for 2019, I don't think we'll be seeing the large rebates for this model year like we just saw for the 2017 and 2018 model years. In other words, I don't think you'll get any better deal next year for a 2019 than you'll get this year for a 2018.

Spyder Garage

Dark or Chrome? If it's Chrome, no question it's a fantastic deal. If it's a Dark trim, you're talking about just a $2500 price difference to the 2019 equivalent. I'd see if you can squeeze another $500 out of them (although delivery to your door step may be why they won't go lower). Still $2500 off is nothing to sneeze at. As I mentioned before, given the starting low prices for 2019, I don't think we'll be seeing the large rebates for this model year like we just saw for the 2017 and 2018 model years. In other words, I don't think you'll get any better deal next year for a 2019 than you'll get this year for a 2018.
    Dark. They are going to throw in the rear faring. Which I believe is $680. Your last sentence is what has me saying to myself, make the purchase. Yes the current rebate loses its value when you take into account the new MSRP of the 2019. But it's still $8,000 less it's starting MSRP, $2,500 less than a 2019. All the same features as a 19 and 0 miles on it, it's in the crate still. Even though the shipping is free and one of their selling points, I do have to factor that perk into the purchase as I truly live in the middle of nowhere KY. So my other option is making a road trip out of state with the wife. I'd still love to hear others weigh in their opinions please

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
    This is the one we are going to buy.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...c_location=ufi
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic