Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default So it's called the Ryker!

A shaft drive and automatic transmission. I'll take the smaller motors, looks like a stripped down F3 with no Frunk storage space.
    Screenshot_20180909-230827_Chrome.jpg

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks cool.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any more details than that?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What's under the bodywork for an engine?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Any more details than that?
    Lots of details on the site but here are some notables

Shaft Drive with cvt

600cc ACE in-line two cylinder starting at $8499 - 47hp 35torque
    900cc ACE in-line three cylinder starting at $9999 - 77hp 56 torque
    Rally edition (900cc ACE) starting at $10999 -

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/ryker/recreational.html
    Last edited by delkhouri; 09-09-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

Go to the Can Am website they have all the details up now. You have two engine choices a 600 or 900 Rotax. Looks like they want to to be able to take it off road. Hand guards, splash guards, tires with a more off road tread.

Spyder Garage

Default Piling on with little details...

Quote Originally Posted by Culpjp View Post
    A shaft drive and automatic transmission. I'll take the smaller motors, looks like a stripped down F3 with no Frunk storage space.
    It's about a foot shorter in length than the F3, and the seat is about 3 inches lower.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

this will get even more riders into 3 wheels Y version
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    this will get even more riders into 3 wheels Y version
    I agree, but.......

It seems a no brainer to me to spend the extra $1500 on the 900cc ace vs the 600cc ace.

Spyder Garage

My first impression: I LIKE IT.

Had to do a bunch of searching but the Can Am site has a build it section that actually works.

Three versions available: Rally, 600 cc, 900 cc. You can buy the 600 for $8499.

A lot of color combos available. Some actually "new." The color choices are panels that they charge extra for.

A "passenger" seat can be purchased. Otherwise, It's made for one up driving.

This should rev up the market for BRP and get more people interested. I must compliment BRP.

They have added some new colors and offer "dark" and "chrome" versions for the RT. The base model is white only. I like the phoenix orange.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-09-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    My first impression: I LIKE IT.

I also checked the "Spyder" side of the ad. They ONLY show F3--There are some new colors. Conspicuously--I did not see any information about the RT.

HAVE THEY DISCONTINUED THE RT????????? I did predict that about a year ago. Hope I was wrong.
    The RTs are there (including some new colors)...under Touring. https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/spyder/touring.html

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

I also checked the "Spyder" side of the ad. They ONLY show F3--There are some new colors. Conspicuously--I did not see any information about the RT.

HAVE THEY DISCONTINUED THE RT????????? I did predict that about a year ago. Hope I was wrong.
    on the photo for new colors for 2019 there are three f3 models and a RT... I am thinking it's staying around.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They added a new color to the RT's and check out the wheels.

fullsizeoutput_c90.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is the closest "spyder" to a snowmobile yet. The engine and transmission is pulled directly from the sleds and it wouldn't surprise me if their configuration isn't identical to the sleds. i question how well the cvt belt will hold up to road use. 2-3K miles on a sled belt and its time for a replacement. I also question the 80 hp 900 being able to provide satisfying power. The site says better power to wieght ratio but the Ryker is 800 lbs.

Lots of questions left to answer. I do like it, will need to ride one to know if I would buy one.

My prediction. This is the end of the F3. Next year, maybe the year after the F3 will be replaced with Ryker with 147hp 900 ace turbo with shaft drive, more storage and a better 2up option. I bet it keeps the CVT as well.
    Last edited by Rob Rodriguez; 09-09-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Those tires don't look like the stock Kendas we're used to seeing. Maybe BRP is using a new OEM brand?

Spyder Garage

Default High End Ryker or Low End F3?

A decked out Ryker Rally 900 ACE gets me close to $14,500 while a lower end F3 or F3-S can be had for $15,000-$20,000 so it's going to come down to the advantages/disadvantages of the two. Personally, I like the 1330 on the F3, but the idea that the Ryker can go on gravel roads intrigues me. Should be some interesting comparisons ahead!

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    This is the closest "spyder" to a snowmobile yet. The engine and transmission is pulled directly from the sleds and it wouldn't surprise me if their configuration isn't identical to the sleds. i question how well the cvt belt will hold up to road use. 2-3K miles on a sled belt and its time for a replacement.
    Do you have any intel on how that CVT tranny holds up in the snowmobiles? I know in the auto world, some brands initially had big problems with reliability of their CVTs. And you can rack up a lot more miles on a bike than a snowmobile, so durability may be a challenge.

Spyder Garage

Thanks folks for the update on the RT. I did not find that section when I looked.

Yes, the RT is still here and I do like that orange color.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Doggone if I see any footpegs in any of the pictures of this thing. On the BRP Spyder/Ryker website, you see a picture of this thing and there is a brake pedal that just seems to be out there all by itself. I suppose it's just not visible but still must be awfully small not to show up at all.

Overall this looks like a neat product at a good price, and it's really cool that it has a shaft drive, but it sure is ugly to my eyes. You add the saddlebags and a rear seat to it and it's still ugly. Looks like a Japanese robot. Same is true of the Yamaha Nikken. People buy stuff they are attracted to. I don't predict either this or the Nikken to be huge successes for that reason alone.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The CVT itself on sleds is bullet proof. You have a primary and secondary clutch with a belt between them. The belt wears and needs to be replaced. I say this having ridden no more than 10K miles on a single sled. Belts on sleds need replacement when they blow or typically every 2-3K miles. They are simple to change and cost about $120. I too question how a CVT will hold up on bike over 20, 30, 40K miles? Heat on a CVT is the enemy.

Also, it could cause some issues when needing "instant" power. Its not like you can drop it down a gear and punch it like the semi auto or punch the gas pedal in your car and it drops a gear and accelerates faster. CVT's don't work like that. That said BRP doeshave some of the best CVT clutch setups for sleds.

Also, recomnded oil changes on the 900 ACE in the sleds is 3000 miles. I'd hate to think I'm doing and oil change and belt replacement every 3000 miles.

Spyder Garage

I think that they really did a great job, at least at first glance. Rather than simply stripping it down as much as possible to hit the lower price point, they created a new category and gave it its own advantages. These might also be great to rent, and they could also be good for groups (and be more fun that most ATV's, depending on the terrain).

I can't wait to test one out, although I don't have room to own two and I'm too much in the city to take advantage of the off-road capabilities.

Maybe the dealerships would also keep one or two around as loaners? Who knows.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    Do you have any intel on how that CVT tranny holds up in the snowmobiles? I know in the auto world, some brands initially had big problems with reliability of their CVTs. And you can rack up a lot more miles on a bike than a snowmobile, so durability may be a challenge.
    Polaris has been using them for years in the ATVs and UTVs. With the constant speed ratio changes an ATV goes through I'd say they've been holding up pretty well. Spyder will be a lot less abusive on them, I think.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Single swingarm with shaft drive---

Choices of 600 cc or 900 cc ----

CVT tranny------

How it looks ------

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
    A decked out Ryker Rally 900 ACE gets me close to $14,500 while a lower end F3 or F3-S can be had for $15,000-$20,000 so it's going to come down to the advantages/disadvantages of the two. Personally, I like the 1330 on the F3, but the idea that the Ryker can go on gravel roads intrigues me. Should be some interesting comparisons ahead!
    You can find 2017 base model F3's brand new for under 10K right now......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Doggone if I see any footpegs in any of the pictures of this thing. On the BRP Spyder/Ryker website, you see a picture of this thing and there is a brake pedal that just seems to be out there all by itself. I suppose it's just not visible but still must be awfully small not to show up at all.

image.jpeg Can just barely see a hint of nothing more than a small foot peg. Found 2 vids on YouTube after the one on BRP failed repeatedly.
    I see comfort will be an issue, not a touring set up , more urban & with the small storage maybe they think a commuter Some concern the tool less U-fit adjustments might vibrate loose with too much distance? BUT looks like they FIXED the vibration issues & gravel roads with the drive shaft . It's definitely not going to trailer capable with the one arm on rear. & the little color panels might turn out to be very easy to swap so you can try a different color combo more often? Not sure about the bar end mirrors, some tactics against aftermarket Farkles? Admittedlyill give it a test ryde, but not much else for consideration enjoying what I have too much to step that far down.
    Last edited by Bfromla; 09-10-2018 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Vid

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack