Spyder Garage

Default NOTHING TO DO WITH SPYDERS

But, a friend and riding buddy of mine's nephew was in a serious MC accident early this morning in NH, two broken arms and a broken leg. He was wearing full gear, which we are convinced saved his life. He is badly injured, and is in his second surgery right now. No definitive prognosis as of yet. I would respectfully ask this community to keep this young man in their thoughts and wish him a full and speedy recovery. It is going to be a long, hard road for him, and any good vibes we can send his way will surely help. I humbly thank you all.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default injury

Prayer's sent !
    BRP SS Grill, BRP Low Brow Fenders, BRP Short reach handlebars, BRP Windshield, BRP Driver and Passenger Backrest,

Spyder Garage

It happens to the best of us. I can honestly say I feel his pain! I'm 2.5 years into my recovery.... I'm pulling for him! When he gets well it might be time for him to come and join us ex-2 wheelers in the Y Factor Club.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Prayers going out for a fast and speedy recovery.

Spyder Garage

,s for a full recovery.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default sad news....

's for sure and know every little bit can help. Do hope he heals well and soon and the family to be strong through it all...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Prayers going out to him and his Family!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sad to read this

So I have sent my prayers for a speedy, and full recovery for this young man.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

He's on the list.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default AN UPDATE

I heard from my friend today about his nephew. His name is Joe Benedetto. He needs more operations on his right arm, and a plate in his leg. He is far from out of the woods yet. A gofundme page has been started for him to help cover what will no doubt be immensely expensive hospital bills. If anyone can find it in their hearts to make a small donation, the family would greatly appreciate it. Here is the link. I hope this doesn't violate any admin rules. Just trying to help a fellow human being.

https://www.gofundme.com/support-joey-benedetto
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 09-09-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default you the man

Anyone with GORT in their picture is a friend of mine,,,, Prayers sent
    Clateau Nicktoe Berada or how ever it is spelled...
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    But, a friend and riding buddy of mine's nephew was in a serious MC accident early this morning in NH, two broken arms and a broken leg. He was wearing full gear, which we are convinced saved his life. He is badly injured, and is in his second surgery right now. No definitive prognosis as of yet. I would respectfully ask this community to keep this young man in their thoughts and wish him a full and speedy recovery. It is going to be a long, hard road for him, and any good vibes we can send his way will surely help. I humbly thank you all.

Spyder Garage

May he have a speedy and good recovery. Our prayers go out to them all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Anyone with GORT in their picture is a friend of mine,,,, Prayers sent
    Clateau Nicktoe Berada or how ever it is spelled...
    Dave
    Close enough Dave, and thank you. On a lighter note, Bob's avatar of Gort is way better than mine.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

For a speedy and full recovery!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about his accident, out to him and his family. Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Close enough Dave, and thank you. On a lighter note, Bob's avatar of Gort is way better than mine.
    Thanks... I hope that all of his surgeries are 100% successful!

But your GORT is the cool one...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Prayers

Prayers for Him and the family.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sent small donation.....

Get well soon Joey.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Get well soon Joey.
    Thank you 2dogs, it is very much appreciated.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I heard from my friend today about his nephew. His name is Joe Benedetto. He needs more operations on his right arm, and a plate in his leg. He is far from out of the woods yet. A gofundme page has been started for him to help cover what will no doubt be immensely expensive hospital bills. If anyone can find it in their hearts to make a small donation, the family would greatly appreciate it. Here is the link. I hope this doesn't violate any admin rules. Just trying to help a fellow human being.

https://www.gofundme.com/support-joey-benedetto
    Does he have health insurance?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about this Dwight. We hope that he has a speedy recovery.

Spyder Garage

Dwight, Prayers for Joe B. from NH added to our prayer list. We'll pray for a speedy and full recovery, for his Dr's and caregivers, for his family and friends. Thanks for sharing this opportunity for all of us to reach out in prayer (and GFM assistance as well).
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Does he have health insurance?
    I don't know, but I assume that he does. His uncle, (my friend & riding buddy) tells me that it will be many months before he can return to work, so I'm thinking that he does have health insurance. In any case, with what the medical bills will be, considering the airlift from VT to NH, hospital stay (he is still there) multiple surgeries with more to come, recovery, PT, etc., he would most likely still be on the hook for 20% of the total, which will be a big number. And, why does this matter to you?