Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT with Leesure Tent pictures?

Hello All,
    we are new since we just took possession of our RT 2017 lTs last April and have the trailer hitch instaled last Thursday so looking foward for next year to purchase a Leesure Lite Excel Tent so we can travel and do camping while visiting and riding other regions so my question is if any of you have some pictures if you have the same set up so I could see how you pack inside teh tent and also inthe luggage box if you have it in front?

We know the tent is lite and fit well for the RT but do not want to carry more than needed? Limited to 400pounds an dthe tent is close to 280 with the awnings so. we could use all the helps and experiences you can share?

Regards and THanks

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

Welcome to the spyder world and this awesome site nice choice and though I can't help with the leisure tent thing just wanted to welcome you to the site and the spyder world. Have seen many post with tents/trailers so you should find someone here that knows something about them....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I used to have the Lees-ur-lite unit but never with the Spyder, only with my Goldwing. The unit was and probably still is manufactured in Osoyoos, BC by Rick Lees. When I had mine, the options were few, and storage inside was very limited, and while towing it you didn’t even know it was there. Set up time was only about 30 secs.

you might want to contact Rick in Osoyoos with your inquiry (i assume he is still there).
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I used to have the Lees-ur-lite unit but never with the Spyder, only with my Goldwing. The unit was and probably still is manufactured in Osoyoos, BC by Rick Lees. When I had mine, the options were few, and storage inside was very limited, and while towing it you didn’t even know it was there. Set up time was only about 30 secs.

you might want to contact Rick in Osoyoos with your inquiry (i assume he is still there).

Thanks Triple B! I went on their site and even have visit the Quebec Distributor for it but I am looking for pictures of how the users of this tent pack in the tent and on the compartment in front? They do not have a lot of pictures and I even search on youtube but find some videos of how easy to open it and all but nothing about the storage..

Thanks again

Spyder Garage

No LeisureLite here but we have an Aspen Sentry that we have loved. Pulls like a dream with the RT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Leesure Lite trailer

I have one of these trailers that I pull with a 2014 RTS. The storage is limited as compared with some of the other brands but it is enough for me as I am almost always ryding single. My wife doesn't care for camping . One thing you need to remember is that the tongue weight is limited to 40 lb since the hitch is on the swing arm. There is however a luggage rack on the top and I have seen some tremendous loads piled on top of it. I prefer to keep it simple and not to tie anything on top. I have only a cooler and spare tire on the tongue.

I think that for me, the advantage of the Leesure Lite is the ease and speed of set-up and tear down. With some judicious paring down of what you pack, the reduced storage space is no problem. By putting heavier items toward the rear, the tongue weight can be adjusted. The weight of these trailers is less than most of the others which might be a consideration. Good luck with your trailer search1

DickyRichard