Spyder Garage

Default how to convert video files to put on the net

I am trying to upload video files I had of riding my spyder just picked up a gopro camera just for riding videos and its downloads them off the camera to realplayer format of Raw File: jaycook ride.m3u ??, it will not load up on facebook either, tried several on video coverter programs but they don't see the file I want to covert. This is pissing me off, the camera works great and the videos play on my computer but WTF do I do or am doing wrong?

I tried opening with media center and they play in that too?
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

I had a GoPro camera a while back and I didn't have any problem with the videos that I can recall. I have a Mac computer and I believe they downloaded into iPhoto and I could view them with QuickTime. Its been a while since I used it so I can't remember exactly how it all worked.

I searched on Google for "convert m3u to wmv" and the first two or three hits showed a program called AVS.

Also, I don't know much about this but a couple of things I read lead me to believe that m3u is an audio only format. Is there some other file type that is the video?
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Here is a thought, I don't know if it will work or not. Instead of trying to convert the file first, use the file menu where it says, "Save As" does it give you any options to save into a different format? Sometimes that is all it takes, you may have to rename the file in the new format or it will ask you if you want to replace your current file if you keep the same name. These are the file formats youtube accepts:
    Windows Media Video(.avi)
    .3GP (cell phones)
    .AVI (windows)
    .MOV (mac)
    .MP4 (ipod/psp)
    .MPEG
    .FLV (adobe flash)
    .SWF (shockwave flash)
    .MKV (h.264)

Also not sure if the answer you are seeking is here or not but here is the youtube help page for uploading videos Youtube video upload help Good luck and can't wait to see your videos.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

m3u file doesn't contain any data, it's just a playlist, it points to mp3 files.

Spyder Garage

First...find the actual data file and check it against this list to see if it's compatible with Windows applications.

Then click the Comments box on Facebook. Will give you options...one of which is add video which has two sub-options - Record or Upload.

As for this site, just add it as an attachment the same as you would a photo.

BUT...as Lamonster says, you cannot upload playlists. There's nothing there. Make sure you are dealing with the actual data file
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5