Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Back in the '80's when we first fitted fat tires on cars/vans we would put a tire chalk line across the tread and go for a ride to check tread flatness and wear across the tread. Of course there still were bias tires also then along with radials.
    I'm thinking this still would apply today to help narrow down pressures vs wear patterns with all the individual variables of rider weight and loading.
    Just tossing out some food for thought, not tossing bait.
    John
    "some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
    '15 F3S SE6
    '01 FLHR
    Ski Doo 1200's
    Boats
    2015 F3S SE6 , Magnesium

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cravenfun View Post
    Back in the '80's when we first fitted fat tires on cars/vans we would put a tire chalk line across the tread and go for a ride to check tread flatness and wear across the tread. Of course there still were bias tires also then along with radials.
    I'm thinking this still would apply today to help narrow down pressures vs wear patterns with all the individual variables of rider weight and loading.
    Just tossing out some food for thought, not tossing bait.
    John, this process has been mentioned several times however it never seems to gain any traction, too easy or simple I guess. Tire psi like oil and mpg seem to require a phd before it can be clearly and accurately understood. With the spyder, there is so little tread visible I used the valve stem location on a front tire to mark the tread on all my tires. Saves a lot of time. You don't have to go far to get a good reading. (Disclaimer; this process will get you into the ballpark and hard science will be needed to proceed further.)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I used the valve stem location on a front tire to mark the tread on all my tires.
    Care to explain this a little further. I'm not quite understanding your method
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!