Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Pairing Zumo and Iphone X

My Iphone X will Pair with my Zumo but as soon as turn off the Power to the bike and then back on I have to go and remove my phone connection and re-pair. It will no auto re-pair. Any thoughts Pleae
    Beaner

Spyder Garage

Whose directions did you follow to initially pair the phone to the Zumo? If you followed the Garmin Instructions and the steps in the settings of your iPhone it should have paired and the pairing will show on each instrument until you delete the pairing from each one.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any chance the two devices are up to date with their OS? It sounds like the phone remembered the pairing but the Zumo didn't. What is the advantage of pairing? Music? I thought the Garmin units could have loaded music.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Whose directions did you follow to initially pair the phone to the Zumo? If you followed the Garmin Instructions and the steps in the settings of your iPhone it should have paired and the pairing will show on each instrument until you delete the pairing from each one.
    Have no problem pairing the 1st time but after that when Garmin is turned off will not pair until I remove my phone from the list and re-pair. Iphone is new last week and says it’s up to date. Garmin was update yesterday
    Last edited by Beaner; 09-04-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Any chance the two devices are up to date with their OS? It sounds like the phone remembered the pairing but the Zumo didn't. What is the advantage of pairing? Music? I thought the Garmin units could have loaded music.
    I use it for calls. It always worked with android and I’m told it works with iPhone. Does work when connected

Spyder Garage

If I understand you correctly you pair the phone to the Zumo so you can use the phone app on the Zumo, correct? If I am correct I suggest you contact Garmin and explain the problem. I've always found them very helpful. If you bought your Zumo with your Spyder Garmin has a separate OEM suppport line, 855-607-2536. You might also check with Apple as there may be some quirk with the iPhone X.

Do you by any chance also have the iPhone X paired with a headset?
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    If I understand you correctly you pair the phone to the Zumo so you can use the phone app on the Zumo, correct? If I am correct I suggest you contact Garmin and explain the problem. I've always found them very helpful. If you bought your Zumo with your Spyder Garmin has a separate OEM suppport line, 855-607-2536. You might also check with Apple as there may be some quirk with the iPhone X.

Do you by any chance also have the iPhone X paired with a headset?
    I have tried all the above with no help. And no the iPhone X is not paired with anything else.
    Right now I’m guessing it is not going the resolved and if I want to use I will have to re-pair it each time

Spyder Garage

I had some of the issues when I first got my iPhoneX. I now have my Zumo paired with my SENA and have and my phone paired to my SENA separately. It works fine auto pairing.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

I too have my phone paired to my Sena SMH10. That precludes me from using the Zumo 590 phone app. Garmin explained to me that I had to choose which way I wanted to pair, phone to GPS or phone to headset. If I had phone paired to both and tried to use the Zumo phone app neither I nor the party calling or called could could hear eac hother. If I simply answered the phone using the SMH10 the call went fine. I opted to use the phine and SMH10 pairing because I routinely don't use the phone when riding.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S