Spyder Garage

Cool No Power on GPS Cradle

I have a 2014 RTS Limited, I took my GPS off and placed cover over cradle before dropping bike off at shop. Air compressor quit working. After getting bike home I noticed that my GPS wasn't starting up when starting bike or cutting off when turning bike off. GPS continued to run, which ran the battery down in GPS. I checked the fuse in the right fuse box (40 AMP) accessories fuse. Fuse appears to be good while testing with ohms meter, is there another fuse to check, or is there a chance that the cradle has gone bad? All thoughts appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default GPS

Is it possible that the GPS was disconnected from the battery when the shop was working on it? The same thing happened to me when I got my F3S back from the dealer. They had replaced my spark plugs and coolant. It turned out that they had disconnected the wires from my GPS to the battery and had not reconnected them. It was a simple fix.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Fuses and Harness

The Garmin GPS cradle, has a fuse of it's own. In addition, the whole GPS harness is plugged into the radio harness under the seat / tupperware. As the compressor replacement requires removal of the entire back of the bike (the cargo module) it is likely that they also unplugged the GPS from the radio / harness. All of this is located right side of the Spyder and partially under the seat …. so the right side Tupperware needs to come off in order to check (that is right side sitting on the Spyder).

You can find install instructions for the GPS harness here: http://instructions.brp.com
    Just do a keyword search for GPS and you should come up with list to choose from.

Good luck ….. the worst part is taking all the plastic off; but it is not difficult, just take your time and follow directions.

All the best …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Make sure the GPS is off when you put it back on the cradle.
    Mine did the same thing
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

If you had it in the shop for compressor repair/replacement take it back, explain the problem and ask them to trace the wire connections. Will bet they disconnected and did not reconnect; absence of GPS/mount would not trigger their brains to make certain they had reconnected all circuits.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S