Spyder Garage

Default Sean Calvary helmet intercom pairing with Sena 10S

I need to tap into the wealth of knowledge out there...I recently purchased a Sena Calvary helmet, a Sena 10S, and a Sena SM10 Dual Stream xmitter (great prices from Motorcycle Dave and excellent installation video from Finless Bob). I use the SM10 for external Sirius XM (Onyx) I have mounted in the trunk. I've been able to pair both the helmet and 10S for music, but am lost on intercom pairing as two different units and two different op manuals (pretty useless IMHO) I know it's possible to listen to the XM and have intercom paired at the same time. Any help in blue collar layman terms much appreciated. Ryde sober, ryde safe. Btw, I ryde a '12 RT-Limited, though I figure that doesn't matter much when it comes to this particular issue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iw12surf View Post
    I need to tap into the wealth of knowledge out there...I recently purchased a Sena Calvary helmet, a Sena 10S, and a Sena SM10 Dual Stream xmitter (great prices from Motorcycle Dave and excellent installation video from Finless Bob). I use the SM10 for external Sirius XM (Onyx) I have mounted in the trunk. I've been able to pair both the helmet and 10S for music, but am lost on intercom pairing as two different units and two different op manuals (pretty useless IMHO) I know it's possible to listen to the XM and have intercom paired at the same time. Any help in blue collar layman terms much appreciated. Ryde sober, ryde safe. Btw, I ryde a '12 RT-Limited, though I figure that doesn't matter much when it comes to this particular issue.
    Check YouTube... Lots of how to video there.
    I did a search for you. Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Sena+10S

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Check YouTube... Lots of how to video there.
    I did a search for you. Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Sena+10S

Bob
    Thank you, Bob! I was able to get the Calvary and the 10S to work together using intercom, but not with the external Sirius XM. I'll dig deep in to these videos to find the solution. While I'm at it, the video you posted for installation of the SM10 dual xmitter was great and ez to follow.
    Last edited by iw12surf; 09-10-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Sena Calvary

I have the Sena Calvary Helmet it will only do Helmet to Helmet or Calvary to Sm10. This is one of it bad points. The Calvary has open mike so it’s not able to answer phone,listening to radio or etc if you are paired with another unit by its self you can do all these things. Hope this helps

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Isn't it supposed to be 'cavalry'?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Isn't it supposed to be 'cavalry'?
    All this time, and I just noticed that . Too many years around jet fuel and other assorted chemicals...such as lubricates, solvents and the like. Honest.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spyder View Post
    I have the Sena Calvary Helmet it will only do Helmet to Helmet or Calvary to Sm10. This is one of it bad points. The Calvary has open mike so it’s not able to answer phone,listening to radio or etc if you are paired with another unit by its self you can do all these things. Hope this helps
    Appreciate that. I was afraid that's the case. Could've saved some serious $$$ and just bought two 10S. I spend most of the time ryding solo as it is.