Spyder Garage

Default Orange Exclamation Point

Does anyone know what the Orange Exclamation point on the dash means? I have a 2018 RTL and yesterday it came one while stopped. It went away and I haven't seen it since. The manual only says :Orange- Vehicle Malfunction but does not explain it.

Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can pull up the codes easily.
    Go into all of those screens on the RH side of your display, and find the one for Codes.
    NOTE: if the problem was intermittent; nothing will show up. It'll only display active codes...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

Seems to be a parking brake warning light. If you don't have the spydercode app you should download it and it will help your with all those lights, codes, and much more. Great tool to have on hand....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

There was no code displayed when I looked as described as I pulled over when I noticed the light. Does spydercodes say what that means? Although the developer makes a great app, I do not want to spend 15.99 for another vague description of the light. The other vague description is the owners manual. The parking brake was not on nor being engaged. I was sitting at a stop light when I noticed it and as I drove it turned off.

thanks

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maxxheadroom View Post
    Does anyone know what the Orange Exclamation point on the dash means? I have a 2018 RTL and yesterday it came one while stopped. It went away and I haven't seen it since. The manual only says :Orange- Vehicle Malfunction but does not explain it.

Thanks
    There was no code displayed when I looked as described as I pulled over when I noticed the light. Does spydercodes say what that means? Although the developer makes a great app, I do not want to spend 15.99 for another vague description of the light. The other vague description is the owners manual. The parking brake was not on nor being engaged. I was sitting at a stop light when I noticed it and as I drove it turned off.

thanks
    Was just leafing though your manual. If you are talking about receiving the indicator lamp described on Page 31, that's a general message and is usually accompanied by a safety / informational message as shown on Pages 138 and 139. Easily missed if the message happens to be off at the time. Based on the behavior that you described, I'd look at brake fluid level.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default if it pops up

if this pops up again , and you can safely take a photo , it is a whole lot easier to under stand what the situation might be , ( orange , could it be you are not shifting correctly ? )

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

This is the warning light I got. From page 31 of the manual it just says Orange - Vehicle Malfunction. It is not the Red with a circle for breaks, just the Exclamation Point. It is the first warning light on the left of the New display on the 18's. If you have the new manual look on page 30 of the black display and you will see the warning light I am talking about on the graphic of the LCD display. There were no other Indicator lamps or messages as described on pages 138 and 139. Thanks again. I am just curious what vehicle malfunction is supposed to indicate.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maxxheadroom; 09-03-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll bet you forgot to read the Safety Warning Placard...

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

This is the warning light I got. From page 31 of the manual it just says Orange - Vehicle Malfunction. It is not the Red with a circle for breaks, just the Exclamation Point. It is the first warning light on the left of the New display on the 18's. If you have the new manual look on page 30 of the black display and you will see the warning light I am talking about on the graphic of the LCD display. There were no other Indicator lamps or messages as described on pages 138 and 139. Thanks again. I am just curious what vehicle malfunction is supposed to indicate.

I got that icon twice now with limp mode indicator. I’m fairly certain I invoked both instances bynot pressing the start button squarely enough (I was standing next to bike and thumb was off at angle. Anyway, both times I shut the engine off and restarted making sure I pressed the start button more squarely/positively. Maybe a hiccup?

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Here's the answer: https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/technologies/display-technology.html

What is the purpose of the new “!” icon?
    All vehicle malfunctions that are not engine related (i.e.: suspension, power steering) will use this new icon instead of the check engine icon.

Spyder Garage

Awesome... thank you for that info.

Spyder Garage

Mine came on when I went two up with fairly heavy individual, so I think mine was a suspension complaint.