Spyder Garage

Cool Used the water meter hole for Baja Ron bar R&R

I pulled the lid off my water meter hole in my yard, and it appeared to be close to deep enough to get the old sway arm out, and install the Baja Ron. It required just a bit of additional digging, but it worked like a champ. Just thought I'd post it for others to consider, or maybe look for other options. Bar is installed, and short test drive went well. Going to test it out more later today.

IMG-0176.jpg
    Last edited by dmiles; 05-18-2022 at 11:06 AM.
    2017 SPYDER RT LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Necessity is the mother of invention!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Finally got it after the third read. LOL Good job dmiles.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Finally got it after the third read. LOL Good job dmiles.
    Yes it was hard to describe what I did, and I could have done a better job. I was just mentioning it so others might think outside the box. Honestly, even if I had to dig the 2 foot hole from scratch I still think it would have been easier than raising my Spyder that high. I actually got the idea from an older post from a member of this board who used his driveway drain. The house I grew up in had a drain that would have been perfect for this. But it is 6 hours away, and my water meter is right here.
    2017 SPYDER RT LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I normally use my water meter hole for dumping used oil.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-09-2023 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Removed big blocks of colour to allow reading by all...

Spyder Garage

Clever, Dmiles, very clever ……. Many thanks

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    Now that's probably not a great idea environmentally and all. But it probably gives the meter reader fits.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-10-2023 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    That's called 'Recycling'... Isn't it? Or is that when you ride your bicycle twice in one day? It's getting so confusing these days.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-09-2023 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

No, when I ride my bicycle I'm rotating my tires. I'm no longer comfortable in the world I live in. I wonder if its a byproduct of getting old. Speaking of byproducts, I have to use the bathroom again.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-09-2023 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Removed big blocks of colour to allow reading by all...

Spyder Garage

Your ride comes with a water meter hole? Was that factory or optional?
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dmiles View Post
    I pulled the lid off my water meter hole in my yard, and it appeared to be close to deep enough to get the old sway arm out, and install the Baja Ron. It required just a bit of additional digging, but it worked like a champ. Just thought I'd post it for others to consider, or maybe look for other options. Bar is installed, and short test drive went well. Going to test it out more later today.

IMG-0176.jpg
    I've heard of a lot of different ways to do this install. But as far as I know. This is a water meter hole first! Congratuations!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...