Thread: No going back

Spyder Garage

Default No going back

....not that I want to. But it is official. The Goldwing is gone with the new owner picking it up yesterday. We had good times but I am really enjoying riding my Spyder. Every time I ride I feel more and more comfortable with the different style and, as a result, I'm starting to push the limits a bit more. As has been noted many times, these things are fun to ride!

Spyder Garage

It is all as it should be. Many of us have parted with a "favorite" bike. Sad to see them going down the road piloted by a different person.

We get over it. As long as we can ride--most of us are very happy. We are getting ready to head out for another 150 miles or so. Another beautiful day.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Well, my favorite bike is the one I'm riding at the time. It didn't bother me to see someone else ride off on the wing because I'm sure he will enjoy it. There is only one bike that I wish I still had and regret selling....but, oh well. It is what it is.
    "If I was any better, I'd be dead!"
    "The sun's always shining...otherwise it would be dark!"
    "God looks out for the stupid, so I keep Him pretty busy!"

Spyder Garage

I have always had a ting of pain each time I parted with a motorcycle. When one loves to ride, that is just the way it is. However, each time, the new ride became my favorite one! I can say the same thing about my current ryde! (Spelling difference intentional by the author)
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

Default sometimes you have to ....

<------------I sold silver bird last week , but did find a nice one to replace that one , same year r-t , but a limited edition ... so will post a photo when it is in my yard , do not wish to jinx it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad that your bike is with a new owner who will care for it as you did.
    As for me: I have real problems leaving an old friend behind...
    But I find solace in those words that I spoke to you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Soulman327 View Post
    ....not that I want to. But it is official. The Goldwing is gone with the new owner picking it up yesterday. We had good times but I am really enjoying riding my Spyder. Every time I ride I feel more and more comfortable with the different style and, as a result, I'm starting to push the limits a bit more. As has been noted many times, these things are fun to ride!
    A few months after I got my 2013 RT I was nearing home from a long trip. I stopped for gas and rest break on I-84 after riding miles upon miles at 80 mph. As I was walking into the building I suddenly realized I was feeling a whole lot safer on my Spyder at 80 than I ever did on my GL1800 at 70. For me, the Spyder reinstilled the joy of riding!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear

Got my spyder in 2014 and never looked back. Sold the wing the trailer and the gear before moving to San Diego ... what was I thinking you just can't not Ryde out here. But rather than another wing loving it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    A few months after I got my 2013 RT I was nearing home from a long trip. I stopped for gas and rest break on I-84 after riding miles upon miles at 80 mph. As I was walking into the building I suddenly realized I was feeling a whole lot safer on my Spyder at 80 than I ever did on my GL1800 at 70. For me, the Spyder reinstilled the joy of riding!

I rarely ride fast (65 or less) but I do feel safer on the Spyder. Funny though, about a week after I got it, was out riding, looked down and thought the speedometer had quit working. The needle was right at the bottom. Looking closer I saw the speedometer goes up to 200 MPH! Really?! Pretty sure that's not gonna happen for me.

Spyder Garage

Default how fast ?

I rarely ride fast (65 or less) but I do feel safer on the Spyder. Funny though, about a week after I got it, was out riding, looked down and thought the speedometer had quit working. The needle was right at the bottom. Looking closer I saw the speedometer goes up to 200 MPH! Really?! Pretty sure that's not gonna happen for me.
    did you mean you had the speedo pegged out at 200 ?

Spyder Garage

RE: 200 mph speedometer. Your speedo has an adjustment for Kilometers per Hour. Comes in handy when riding in Canada or other countries that use KM/s. The 200 is for the KPH gauge setup. 200 KPH is equal to about 124 MPH. The nice thing with the big numbers is that you don't have to go blind while doing KPH.

Many of us have a bit of fun with it. When someone notices the 200 speedo--a nice firm YUP seems to solve that issue.

Or...take a newbie for a ride. Put the speedo on KPH, (when your going 62--it will show 100). Point out the speedo to the passenger.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-03-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    did you mean you had the speedo pegged out at 200 ?
    Ah, no... I just noticed that it was available. Not that I would ever go that fast on a motorcycle .. (again )

akspyderman, I would do that to my wife to freak her out, but it is just a dial, not digital.

Spyder Garage

Ah, no... I just noticed that it was available. Not that I would ever go that fast on a motorcycle .. (again )

akspyderman, I would do that to my wife to freak her out, but it is just a dial, not digital.
    There is an option where you can read the speed and tach digitally. That screen works in conjunction with both analog dials.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    There is an option where you can read the speed and tach digitally. That screen works in conjunction with both analog dials.

Yup, you're right. I look at the dial speedometer and don't really notice the digital readout.