Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron swaybar on a F3L

My wife bought a F3S about 4 months ago. She immediately put a Baja Ron's swaybar on and noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY. She loved it. Fast forward to a month ago when she traded in the F3S for a F3 Limited (she wanted bags). The dealer told her that the parts between her 2017 F3S and the 2018 F3L were different and she would have to pay the difference if they swapped the sway bar out. After contacting Ron we found out that they were actually the same parts (dealer said they were different part numbers). We decided to avoid any problems to just buy another Baja Ron's swaybar.

Long story short, first 5 minutes of riding all I see is thumbs up from my wife riding ahead of me. She says its night and day and what a better ride. Now all she wants to do is take roads that are twisty. Even our ride home from church the other day was full of twists and turns (I had no idea that road was even there).

On a scale of 1 to 10 for a sway bar review. This one gets 15. Also as a side note having Ron talk to us about the install was some of the best customer service we have gotten from any dealer. The one thing we did different this time was to ensure that we got back the old parts so when she trades in (and I am sure she will in the future) we can get the swaybar moved over to the new spyder.

John

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar kits for all years and all models of the Can-Am Spyder. 2008-2017
    2015/16/17/18 - All F3 Spyders - $288.00 - Includes my Custom Performance Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Links (Includes shipping to the 48 US States - Will Ship Worldwide).

Glad she is happy with the ryde! You dealer lied though. The above is from Baja Ron!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

So now you can join us this weekend on the Labor Day weekend in the Ozarks?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revrent View Post
    My wife bought a F3S about 4 months ago. She immediately put a Baja Ron's swaybar on and noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY. She loved it. Fast forward to a month ago when she traded in the F3S for a F3 Limited (she wanted bags). The dealer told her that the parts between her 2017 F3S and the 2018 F3L were different and she would have to pay the difference if they swapped the sway bar out. After contacting Ron we found out that they were actually the same parts (dealer said they were different part numbers). We decided to avoid any problems to just buy another Baja Ron's swaybar.

Long story short, first 5 minutes of riding all I see is thumbs up from my wife riding ahead of me. She says its night and day and what a better ride. Now all she wants to do is take roads that are twisty. Even our ride home from church the other day was full of twists and turns (I had no idea that road was even there).

On a scale of 1 to 10 for a sway bar review. This one gets 15. Also as a side note having Ron talk to us about the install was some of the best customer service we have gotten from any dealer. The one thing we did different this time was to ensure that we got back the old parts so when she trades in (and I am sure she will in the future) we can get the swaybar moved over to the new spyder.

John
    Very sad that a dealership would give out this information. I don't want to go so far as to say they 'Lied'. But not knowing your product produces wrong information. The end result is the same.

Some are led to believe that the new part # for the sway bar means that BRP is now installing a new, upgraded sway bar at the factory. But this has not proven to be true. The new part # may be nothing more than designating a change in supplier for this part.

Glad your wife likes the bar!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-29-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey Ron, Bar goes on Friday! Saturday we tackle "The Little Dragon" 13 miles of twists, turns, elevation changes, and no guard rails! It will get a test! I already know it will be excellent as we have had one on the RT since 2013! Love the Shirt!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm a proud owner of an RTS with Ron's swaybar on it. I went on a ride this past weekend with my significant other on twisty roads to a town called Jim Thorpe and IMO a factory bar would have been scary. Some of the turns were nearly 180 degrees and going down hill at the same time. With Ron's bar it's just point the spyder in the right direction and no worries. A joy to ride. Thanks Ron!!!
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Sway bar install

John
    I have two questions: 1 what was the cost to install the sway bar, 2 What city are you in ?
    Last edited by Texas Al; 08-30-2018 at 08:23 AM.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    John
    I have two questions: 1 what was the cost to install the sway bar, 2 What city are you in ?
    Al, we went to Texas Adventure powersports in Richardson TX for both bikes. We live in Desoto, TX. Cost was around $109. The dealer sponsors a US Spyder riders group and they give discounts. Chad in service has done numerous ones and it takes about an hour.

We bought ours and took it in for them to install. Baja Ron, Lamonster, and Spyderpops are great places to get one. The only difference is Lamonster has black links (we had our links changed out also)

On a side note I called around on the first one and the prices varied widely. Numerous spyder dealers had no idea what I was talking about. Most quoted 2 hour minimum rates and most quotes were over $250. I stayed away from them since most of them said they had not done one (even though the directions from Ron make it very simple). I ended up having both spyders done by the dealer because I just could not get the bike up the 24 inches required to do the install.

John
    Last edited by Revrent; 08-31-2018 at 04:56 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    So now you can join us this weekend on the Labor Day weekend in the Ozarks?
    We wanted to join the ride but had another planned. Cant wait to see all the pictures from your ride.

John

Spyder Garage

Default Low ride is Sway Bar Needed??

We just purchased a 2018 F3S and a F3T. They are pretty low would a sway bar be beneficial? Not a lot of twist in turns in our area but never knew where our spyder may take us
    Last edited by Brownsugadiva; 08-31-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Based on my experience with my Ron bar even though there aren't many twisties in your area the bar will much improve your Spyder's handling in the vicious crosswinds you get down there.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Hey Ron, Bar goes on Friday! Saturday we tackle "The Little Dragon" 13 miles of twists, turns, elevation changes, and no guard rails! It will get a test! I already know it will be excellent as we have had one on the RT since 2013! Love the Shirt!
    Yes indeed. "I bought a BajaRon anti-sway bar and all i got was this shirt"............and a much improved handling F3L !

I have had two people stop me and say "Hey, did RonJon change his logo? :-)

Ron as GOT to get more of these made......I want a couple of spares.....great quality material by the way...
    2016 F3 Limited in Pearl White-LaMonster GPS mount, LED fog lights, BajaRon anti-sway bar, Doc Humphrey's vibration dampener
    2013 Harley Davidson Softail Breakout CVO/ 110ci of potato-potato goodness
    2016 Ducati Xdiavel/ A street demon with a belt and forward controls

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoxyLady View Post
    Yes indeed. "I bought a BajaRon anti-sway bar and all i got was this shirt"............and a much improved handling F3L !

I have had two people stop me and say "Hey, did RonJon change his logo? :-)

Ron as GOT to get more of these made......I want a couple of spares.....great quality material by the way...
    I've got a few shirts left. What size do you need?

And no.... I didn't change my logo. This shirt was a gag shirt. But everyone seems to love it. Go figure!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...