Spyder Garage

Default Venting 622 Trailer

Has anyone ever tried putting a venting system in their RT-622 trailer? I am planning to use ours as a "chuck wagon" for camping and plan on putting one of these https://www.acopower.com/product/por...zer-and-cooler battery operated frig/freezers in it. Even though it will keep the contents cold or frozen the heat it takes out has to go somewhere and I was thinking of venting the trailer remove the transferred heat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    Has anyone ever tried putting a venting system in their RT-622 trailer? I am planning to use ours as a "chuck wagon" for camping and plan on putting one of these https://www.acopower.com/product/por...zer-and-cooler battery operated frig/freezers in it. Even though it will keep the contents cold or frozen the heat it takes out has to go somewhere and I was thinking of venting the trailer remove the transferred heat.
    Maybe not what you want to hear, no I never vented our trailer, but when we go food shopping, we have a large cooler that fits inside pretty nice and just use ice. The cooler is large enough that the ice can last all day easily.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think you would be better off mounting it outside the trailer, maybe on the tongue. If inside the trailer it will need cross ventilation and probably a fan to create air flow. Pity to screw up a nice trailer that way.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-29-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

Try checking with the RV shops they have some venting systems you can possibly use. How effective will depend on how full and tightly packed the trailer is....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Seems to me Heat Out = Rain in!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Couldn't you use the vent tube from the rain management system, the "tube" to tap into and vent it that way? I would think it would be pretty easy and cheap.

You could use a "T" fitting and connect it into the drain tube?
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Trying to vent is easy. Keeping water and other things out of the inside of the trailer is another.

Best bet maybe would be to vent it out the top doors.

Spyder Garage

I don't know the interior dimensions of a 622 and I somewhat agree with Pete; however, the tongue weight of a loaded cooler plus the loaded trailer's tongue weight might exceed the max weight listed in your operator's guide. Just a thought.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Couldn't you use the vent tube from the rain management system, the "tube" to tap into and vent it that way? I would think it would be pretty easy and cheap.

You could use a "T" fitting and connect it into the drain tube?
    Pretty certain he needs a means to vent the heated air, not drain water and that drain kit hose is pretty small.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Pretty certain he needs a means to vent the heated air, not drain water and that drain kit hose is pretty small.
    Yeah, I was thinking that you could make an adapter from the machine to the drain tube. Would change out the drain tube to be more robust that a plastic tube. And position "T" in a way to limit possible water. Plus, you could always wipe off the top of the lid, if it was wet to limit the water that drains down the tube.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking that you could make an adapter from the machine to the drain tube. Would change out the drain tube to be more robust that a plastic tube. And position "T" in a way to limit possible water. Plus, you could always wipe off the top of the lid, if it was wet to limit the water that drains down the tube.
    Fair enough, cut a large fan exhaust outlet into the same location on the trailers floor as the oem drain kit. Blow the heated air out and downward. Feed the oem drain into this same exhaust duct. Done nicely with proper fittings, a simple screw in cap would retain water tightness when the cooler was not used, and a simple duct could couple the cooler to the fitting easily. Certainly the best method since water would have a difficult time moving uphill inside the vertical duct.

Spyder Garage

Default thank you

Thanks for all the replies so far. I thought I might get a couple good responses to get my thinking on the right track. A little more details: I just had Spyderpops put their back lighted bump skid plate on my trailer and haven't checked yet but thought if there is enough or any space between the under side of trailer and the skid plate. That might be where I could cut a vent opening. Say 2 holes about the size of small computer fans. Run a flattened duct on floor under cargo to front of trailer. Then the fresh air would be pulled to front. I might then mount a small 12V fan over the second hole blowing out. the frig/freezer I'm looking at getting has a extra usb outlet on it that could power the fan if I did not want to hook into light circuit.

Spyder Garage

Default What Ever You Do

Keep your total load and tongue weight in mind. The RT622 is 250#s empty and has a tongue weight of 26#s. I found when pulling the trailer loaded that it handles best when the tongue weight is kept at 26 or slightly above.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi