Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Hope you're all happy now!

I hope you guys are all happy now that your sniping at each other and got the tire thread killed! Disagreements are fine until they turn into personal attacks. Remember that next time!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

What Tire thread????..... Just Kidding
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

The sniping seems to be killing a LOT of threads lately. Very disappointed about one other also. It shall remain nameless.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe they Tired of the Tire thread

Just my 2 cents here but I feel that people are pretty darn civil on this forum. I see a lot of good advice and general respect shared on Spyderlovers. What annoys me are the ones that are experts from everything from Big Foot to Bull Riding. Their advice is usually suspect and they're the first to use the "nasty key". I don't see a lot of that here and I hope that never changes.

But, if you ever find yourself locking horns with someone, take a little advice from Mark Twain...

"Never argue with stupid people....
    they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The sniping seems to be killing a LOT of threads lately. Very disappointed about one other also. It shall remain nameless.
    Yeah. The problem with sniping and personal attacks is that it can lead to Lamont getting so p****d off he boots the guys from the forum. And then we miss out on a lot of good ideas and help.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Yeah. The problem with sniping and personal attacks is that it can lead to Lamont getting so p****d off he boots the guys from the forum. And then we miss out on a lot of good ideas and help.
    I did not see/read the thread you are talking about, but agree it is not good to get personal when replying. Another bad result could be the person being disrespected can leave too, and has happened before.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Moderators have a job to do. I was on one forum where the moderators allowed things to get out of hand on more than one thread. When one finally intervened many got so mad at him they left the forum, especially when, for good reason, he booted someone off the forum. And of course there are always trolls out there. Kick them off and they come back with a new screen name.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope you are not referring to all of us?

It seems to be related to the chosen few and maybe you should PM them with your views.

I am too old to care about these type of posts.

A person asks a question, answer the question and not get into verbal assaults which then pisses everyone off and then gets deleted.

Flame on!

Spyder Garage

I've gotten so i stay out of these pissing matches. Way to many people are like the rest of the young millennials and offended to easy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I hope you are not referring to all of us?
    They know who they are. But it doesn't hurt any of us to be reminded once in awhile to keep posts civil. I think the real reason I started this thread is I was pissed that an otherwise informative and worthwhile discussion that deserved to be kept alive got yanked due to uncivil commenting.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

The tire thread got killed ??
    Who would of thought?
    As to snipping at each other, I know I'm getting repetitive when I say Bless the "Ignore" button.
    If I had an ignore button in real life, I would have saved a lot of alimony.
    I've got an idea.
    Let's talk about something less controversial.
    Maybe the best oil for a Spyder ????
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 08-28-2018 at 07:43 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

They know who they are. But it doesn't hurt any of us to be reminded once in awhile to keep posts civil. I think the real reason I started this thread is I was pissed that an otherwise informative and worthwhile discussion that deserved to be kept alive got yanked due to uncivil commenting.
    Do you really think anything you say is going to prevent the uncivil commenting? Hold your breath for a week, you'll see tires/tire pressures return again. It seems to come up every week or two.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It seems the ones who "know who they are" continue and seem to have to be reminded to keep it civil.

Well anyway, We can always hope it will stay civil and not get out of control before the inevitable happens.

Certain Threads always turn south and dont understand "Why"? IMO.

Spyder Garage

Default offensive posts

If I offended anyone - unprovoked - I apologize.
    When I make a plain statement or ask an honest question , I do so to get an honest answer. I don't need to be belittled or made to feel stupid.
    I enjoy this forum and appreciate the information that some members give to us. If someone has something negative to say why not use the "pm"
    I will respond as I am addressed on the forum!
    May we all do better in the future,
    als

Spyder Garage

I have no doubt there are a number of people not happy with me. I would totally understand why, especially if you had a differing view point as mine and did not like my way of saying things.

All forums have a certain level of tolerance. When I was an Admin of a 250,000 member forum (yes, I really was!) we had zero tolerance. It was great, but it got a little too controlled.

This website does not have a lot of moderation compared to many forums that I participate. I imagine that my colorful comments helped get that thread deleted. I actually did not want that to happen, but I was never contacted by a Moderator, or anyone to tone things down. In fact, I got a lot of encouragement privately.

Anyway, I apologize for those reading if my comments gave you high pressure (blood.) <<< joke!! >>>>
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Sorry for my part in this cluster#$%& but when treated like nobody else has a valid opinion it's natural to respond in kind. This forum is full of good info but it is the internet and no one opinion right or wrong regardless of who posts it.
    It would be a good idea if all the perpetrators would accept some responsibility. We'll see.

Spyder Garage

As a transfer from the BMWMOA (BMW Motorcycle Owners Association) it would appear that some things are universal. Over on the BMW side whenever someone would start a thread asking about tires, oil, batteries, or even windshields the only comment that would make sense would be: "Oh boy, here we go again." I would suspect that the same goes for any/every automotive forum.
    2015 F3S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    Sorry for my part in this cluster#$%& but when treated like nobody else has a valid opinion it's natural to respond in kind. This forum is full of good info but it is the internet and no one opinion right or wrong regardless of who posts it.
    It would be a good idea if all the perpetrators would accept some responsibility. We'll see.
    fjray, that really doesn’t read well. An apology shouldn’t include a “justification”, and most certainly shouldn’t be issuing a further “challenge”.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I blame the internet for this...
    If everybody would just treat everyone around them just as if they were at a Dinner Party, and discussing a particular topic: the conversation would be a whole lot more restrained and polite.
    Hiding behind the anonymity that a keyboard provides: not cool...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

There's an "Ignore Button" never new that or even know where it is! Interesting...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another way to look at the problem:
    It's perfectly okay to KNOW that your information came directly from God...
    It's equally okay to accept the fact that everyone around you doesn't agree; and move on...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At least it wasn't about oil. Oh . . the humanity!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    At least it wasn't about oil. Oh . . the humanity!

Spyder Garage

After having some good info / topics moderated away, bothhere and recently on the FB Group, I gave the situation some serious thought. First, I admit not being angel, but have watched topics disappear that were a wealth of good technical or more important safety information.

As I menntioned, seeing this, I evaluated the time and effort I had spent writing valid comments to help others. Rather than gain control, it seems moderation is done with a strong single sweep, and all the efforts are wiped away. With that in mind, I changed my strategy regarding Spyder forums and groups, only post when needed and save the time and effort for better stuff. Kind of a bummer for those needing info, but they will get an answer from someone at some point.

The eye opener was a moderator on the FB group posting that my comments were deleted for political remarks. The stupidity of that is I know to never take a political side in an open forum such as here. So, it became apparent that the moderator that deleted the posts is maybe not qualified, and it will simply be a repeat at a later time. So, why be upset, prefer to have fun and save the time for better things. Sorry to those that need good info and do not get what they need. I can only imagine how many hours of typed posts were wiped away because the moderator punished the entire class for a few bad apples, but as they say, It’s good to be King or Queen in some cases.

Spyder Garage

Where's the thread police when you need them. Sitting at the doughnut shop. Happy Trails To All. And To All Good Riding.