Spyder Garage

Default Handlebar options to push the bars away from you (taller rider)

I saw the post about the shorter handlebars and great improvements to riding. I am in the opposite position - 6' 2" tall and have my pegs in position 1.

Has anyone acquired and installed the handlebars with less of a curve which align the handlebars further away from the rider? Is this maintenance I can do on my own or should I take it to a dealer?

Thanks in advance!

Spyder Garage

You can go with position C long reach bars or position E drag bars. The drag bars are the straightest and would be the longest reach.
    See this link on Can-Am's site. https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/a...andlebars.html Not too difficult to change.
    I have a set of drag bars for sale that include the bar, 4 risers, and longer bolts. You can have them for $125 Shipped.

Mike
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike! I will take a look at the different models and let you know if I want to grab the drag bars.

Spyder Garage

I wanted a bit more upright riding position. Replacing the stock bars with the Long Reach position "C" were perfect for me. I'm 6'1" and found that leaving the foot pegs in the stock position worked best.
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Spyder Garage

Another option you might consider is an Ultimate Tall Boy seat, it moves you back an inch.
    Combined with my pegs in the 5 position it made everything more comfortable.
    2017 F3-T SM6, Intense Pearl Red, SpyderPops Run/Turn/Brake, Baja Ron Sway Bar and Skid Plate, 21 Inch Tinted F4, Signature Light, Tricled LED Headlights Yokohoma S-Drive, Ultimate Tall Boy.

Spyder Garage

I'm interested in buying them if they are still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    You can go with position C long reach bars or position E drag bars. The drag bars are the straightest and would be the longest reach.
    See this link on Can-Am's site. https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/a...andlebars.html Not too difficult to change.
    I have a set of drag bars for sale that include the bar, 4 risers, and longer bolts. You can have them for $125 Shipped.

Mike
    2015 F3 , Gray/Black/Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aracrash View Post
    I'm interested in buying them if they are still available.
    Sent you a PM.

Mike
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Rotate bars

I am 6’5” tall and have boards in far forward position. I just loosened and rotated the stock bars up about an inch and a half up and then went forward a little. Seems to work fine for me. I hav3 drivers backrest which may make a difference to in how far forward I sit.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Thanks GaryinWI! great idea which I may try before investing in a new set of bars.

Spyder Garage

6' 2" also. I bought and installed the "Attitude" bars to suit my "Ape Arms (34in sleeve) and am also using the #1 foot peg position with modified shifter and brake pedals. Hope you get yours sorted out to your liking!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...er-s-Chop-Shop

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default Attitude Bars

Flamker, did the attitude bars solve your reach problem? Are they the longest reach available?

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    6' 2" also. I bought and installed the "Attitude" bars to suit my "Ape Arms (34in sleeve) and am also using the #1 foot peg position with modified shifter and brake pedals. Hope you get yours sorted out to your liking!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...er-s-Chop-Shop
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents