Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    BRP Connect doesn't work with Android. Period.
    I don't know if you would have any luck with it, but try contacting Bosch MySpin people. They developed the MySpin connection software that is the basis of BRP Connect. Their website states it is compatible with both Android and iOS so your comment above should be dead wrong! But if it is not, something is screwed up royally somewhere between Bosch and BRP.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The latest version of the software is 13.20, not 13.02.
    You're referring to the dash software version, right?

I came across this link to the APK for the BRP Connect app for Android. https://android.mi9.com/download-app...app_brpconnect. It shows the app version as 2.8.1 when the download dialog opens up.

I wonder if there would be any difference by installing from the APK as opposed to download and install directly from the Play Store. There shouldn't be, but you never know!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Good morning Bigmo (again, lol)

i have FOBO and absolutely love it. Before you install it watch the Lamonster Install Video on this. Like Lamont says...believe it or not, u actually have to physically touch the Fobo with your phone (when prompted to do so)
    ‘I strongly recommend you watch and use the install video when installing. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about people w Android trying to use Fobo, I’m hoping it isn’t an Android thing and that these people just didn’t install Fobo properly from the start. I used Lamont’s video and haven’t had a single problem. I also recommend you save your receipt, in the event those “complaints” are justified, and FOBO doesn’t work well w Android you can at least return it. Or contact Fobo for solution before returning. I just really hope it works for you. I love Fobo, use it everyday (from my phone always, in the morning, during a ride when stopped and after pulling her in the garage). It’s a fantastic product, I’ve never clicked on it from BRP Connect screen, just from app on my phone.
    Good luck, have a great day.
    Jarred.
    Got my FOBO yesterday. Install was a breeze. Used my Android phone. Can see it on the phone and on the bike display. I checked the tires and made sure they were at correct pressure (20/28). FOBO was showing 19.5 and 27. Not bad. Need the firmware update to be able to use Android.
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

Default Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    Got my FOBO yesterday. Install was a breeze. Used my Android phone. Can see it on the phone and on the bike display. I checked the tires and made sure they were at correct pressure (20/28). FOBO was showing 19.5 and 27. Not bad. Need the firmware update to be able to use Android.
    Fantastic Bigmo! Happy to hear you didn’t have any problems w Android. If you have the stock tires, u may want to under inflate the rear tire a bit. Driving heats up the tire and expands it. I was at 28psi (cold) and after 10 min of driving I got a warning, PSI was up to 33. Fronts are fine, but now I have my rear set at about 25-26 cold. And within a few miles it’s 28psi.
    Take it for a ride, then check FOBO again. U may not have to reduce psi, just didn’t want u to panic if u get that over inflated warning. Because I sure did panic! Lol
    Thanks for letting me know it works w Android.
    Jarred.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

If you just want to play music on 18 F3L do you have to have cell service and/or brp app downloaded. I have a 5 year old moto x phone.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    If you just want to play music on 18 F3L do you have to have cell service and/or brp app downloaded. I have a 5 year old moto x phone.

Not sure what at "Moto x phone" is but the music you listen to thru the bike's dash is from the music stored in the phone, so you don't need cell service. Sounds like you need to pair to the phone to the headset directly and provide power to the phone and then start the music you have in the phone. The F3L requires Android or iPhone and the last 3-4 year versions. Like for the iPhone would be the 6 or newer then have BRP Connect installed. Pair phone to bike and pair headset to bike then you work the dash to get music or other apps.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

If you are only going to only play mp3s then you don't need cell service. At least I don't think so, but I cannot be certain. Not much to lose by trying.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If you are only going to only play mp3s then you don't need cell service. At least I don't think so, but I cannot be certain. Not much to lose by trying.
    Do you still pair the phone to the bike.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Do you still pair the phone to the bike.
    If you want to BT transmit the tunes from your phone to the dash. Then yes. Then you would have some control of the songs, skip to next or replay previous from the the joystick. Also have the option of playing through speakers or headset. But you would have to start google music play manually from your phone. You could instead not BT pair, plug in the 3.5 mm cable into headphone jack and set your dash audio to aux. Then you would have to control everything from your phone and only have the option of playing through your speakers.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I don't know if you would have any luck with it, but try contacting Bosch MySpin people. They developed the MySpin connection software that is the basis of BRP Connect. Their website states it is compatible with both Android and iOS so your comment above should be dead wrong! But if it is not, something is screwed up royally somewhere between Bosch and BRP.
    The Sena 30K headset will randomly unpair just using the dash w/BT. Occasionally it forgets the Samsung Not 8 phone. Yes, one can stop and re-pair the devices. Others have mounted their phones on the handlebars to do this while in motion. But the whole point of BRP Connect was to not have to do that, right? Anyway, so far, no call back from BRP.

If my phone is out on the handlebar, then I certainly wouldn't flipping use BRP Connect or the so-called "Advanced Gauge Cluster". The headset works fine paired with the phone and it's apps. Plus my phone is bigger than the AGC display for GPS.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Default Yes, I seem to be stuck in "No Track Selected" hell!

Jarred, would greatly appreciate knowing how to fix the "No Track Selected" deal, please. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Hi Bigmo

Im no expert but I’m starting to figure out BRP Connect.
    If u have phone plugged into front USB and Bluetooth connected to Spyder.
    While stopped:
    1-launch ur music.
    2-hold down joystick to pull up BRP Connect.
    3 click on Genious Maps.

Youll be able to play ur music through speakers and have G Maps on dash.
    i just tried it and it worked in my ‘18.
    Long story short, I don’t think BRP wants us pressing too many buttons while driving. Let me know if u get “No Track Selected” message, I figured out how to fix this.
    Good luck, I hope it works.
    Jarred.

BuddhaRyder
    IBA Premier #60956
    Silver MileEater

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Jarred, would greatly appreciate knowing how to fix the "No Track Selected" deal, please. Thanks in advance!
    If you are driving. Stop. The music menus will then show up.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nandyman1 View Post
    I have a new 2018 F3 bought last month. I have a simular problem mine will say loading and will freeze there no music either from phone or fm won't allow you to change display like it's locked up. Have appt for dealer to check BUDS for issues. The only way to fix temp is to shut off bike and let all lights go off and then restart and sometimes this doesn't help.
    Same problem with mine, waiting to hear from BRP

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    So, I have all needed software on my phone, BRP connect, Genius maps. etc..
    Here's the problem: I can run Genius maps on the bike display. Fine. I also can listen to music from my phone having control of volume and FFW and reverse. So far so good. When playing the music, I cannot switch back to Genius maps. When I try, I get a screen saying "loading" and that's it. Will not move from there. I can go back to music but it seems when playing music, it locks up everything else. To get the maps again, I practically have to disconnect the phone and start from scratch.
    How can I listen to music while having the map on the screen? Also, does the direction voice mute the music and back to music again?
    I have a TOM-TOM that I use occasionally and I can see the map while music is playing and stops for voice direction and back to music again
    I am frustrated. This system is really complicated.
    Any help out there?
    I hear your pain. I also have a 2018 RTL and find the new dash panel way beyond my comprehension!!! I would like to ring the neck of the development people that came up with the new system!!!!!
    I am a "non-nerd" so I'm am totally lost on what to do. the online stuff doesn't help me at all?? I would love to have my old 2014 panel back??????????
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Default Also need expert for BRP Connect Music App

Just purchased a 2018 RT Lmtd and am playing with BRP Connect, learning the features and challenges. Making progress, but struggling with the music app. I have an iphone 7. I've loaded the BRP Connect app, as well as the BRP Connect Music app. When I launch BRP Connect, the music app displays on the dash. When I try to launch the Music app, I get the following message

The Music app does not have access to the media library. Please enable the applicable settings in the apps settings when disconnected to the vehicle.

I have been through the settings as well as options for the apps and the app setting under General on the iphone. I cannot find anything that opens up the access to the media library. My music on the phone works fine from the phone.

Any ideas out there as to what I'm missing?

Oh, my dash displays ver 13.2, and the app is up to date.

OK, an update.

I was a DA and did not have the BRP Connect app settings right. Corrected and now it plays my music. But - when the dash is displaying the song and artist, I cannot adjust the volume! Ideas?
    Last edited by jbaker; 11-01-2018 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Update

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question USB Port

Just brought home a 2018 F3 Limited today and have been playing around with the new dash ... have not yet taken the step to pair phone, just want to wait until I am proficient at operating the radio first (changing station, volume, etc.). I will also not pair a headset until I have my CB installed (and it will be paired as a headset). So, initially, I will just pair the phone ..... but, I am wondering if it has to be connected in the "Easy Bake Oven" (aka the glovebox), or can I use one of the USB ports in the rear trunk (there are two)?

I debated on starting yet another thread on BRP Connect, but decided against it .... this one seems to tread into the area I am interested in, so it is not too much of a hijack to ask the above.

Thanks ..... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbaker View Post
    I was a DA and did not have the BRP Connect app settings right. Corrected and now it plays my music. But - when the dash is displaying the song and artist, I cannot adjust the volume! Ideas?

The joystick is the volume controller. Up or down. Holding the joystick to the left returns to last screen. Holding/pushing it in switches to apps view so you can choose another app to open. If paired to a headset then the volume can also be changed with those buttons.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    Just brought home a 2018 F3 Limited today and have been playing around with the new dash ... have not yet taken the step to pair phone, just want to wait until I am proficient at operating the radio first (changing station, volume, etc.). I will also not pair a headset until I have my CB installed (and it will be paired as a headset). So, initially, I will just pair the phone ..... but, I am wondering if it has to be connected in the "Easy Bake Oven" (aka the glovebox), or can I use one of the USB ports in the rear trunk (there are two)?

I debated on starting yet another thread on BRP Connect, but decided against it .... this one seems to tread into the area I am interested in, so it is not too much of a hijack to ask the above.

Thanks ..... Ann
    I'd like to know what CB you're installing as I doubt will be bluetooth capable. Also, I didn't know there was a CB for the F3's. The CB for the earlier Spyder models won't work on the "18 & '19's ands use a corded headset.

LaMonser Garage has phone cables and mounts so you can have the phone on the dash or handlebars so it doesn't bake and you can access it easier.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 11-01-2018 at 07:06 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I'd like to know what CB you're installing as I doubt will be bluetooth capable. Also, I didn't know there was a CB for the F3's. The CB for the earlier Spyder models won't work on the "18 & '19's ands use a corded headset.

LaMonser Garage has phone cables and mounts so you can have the phone on the dash or handlebars so it doesn't bake and you can access it easier.
    I am planning to install an J&M CB with their B/T interface module -- same setup as was used on my husband's Indian (that also has built in B/T). This will allow me to pair the CB to the Spyder as a headset and use the wired connection that I already have for the RT (it has the BRP CB accessory installed). The only thing I will have to do is have a lower cord for each machine -- the RT has a seven pin plug and the F3 will have six pins. And I know this setup works … has been on hubby's Indian for almost 3 years.

I had planned on adding Lamonster's power port to the handle bars, and will also get a Spyder Cuff to mount the phone. All the data here, and the tutorials seem to indicate that the phone MUST be plugged into the USB port in the "oven" and I would rather not do that. I was just trying to determine if "any" USB port on the bike was acceptable (be it the one in the rear trunk or one that I add to the handle bars). Will the Spyder still recognize the phone and pair it, even though it is not plugged into the port in the "oven"?

Thanks …… Ann
    Last edited by Spyder_Cowgirl; 11-01-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs

Don't Eat Mud / mudflap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All I can say is Good luck and I’d like to know if it works.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post

Thanks ..... Ann
    The USB ports in the rear top case are power only. So if you wish you can charge your phone there. But note they are only powered while the engine is running. BRP Connect app will not work from there. The BT pairing your phone to the dash should work from back there. Never done it but should work. Plenty close enough. That way you can play your MP3 tunes from your phone. Sound coming from the Spyders speaker or headset if you wish if it is paired. Also controlled by the joystick. The only thing is you have to start the music app from your phone before riding. You can also take phone calls but that will only work with a headset paired to the dash.

I cooked my phone a couple times in the pizza oven before I learned it was a bad idea to put it in there. Suspect some damage to the phone battery because of it. I have a mount for my phone on the handlebars. Still using the cable from the glovebox for power. I have uninstalled the BRP Connect app from my phone. So if I want a gps I just use my phone screen. It's bigger than the Spyders screen and the gps apps work better. With a lot more chooses of apps to use. The only thing is I get a nag notification to install the connect app using that usb plug. To fix that I will be installing another usb power plug.

As a side question. Is your FM radio usable? Mine, the reception is so bad, it's useless. Dealer unable to fix so far.
    Last edited by billybovine; 11-02-2018 at 10:13 AM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Software update “no track..”

I had my Spyder in for service a few weeks ago, and they updated the software. Now I no longer get the “no track selected” message. I can select music while driving, I used to have to pull over to select my music from BRP Connect. Glad to see BRP continue to upgrade software to improve the new dash.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chefex View Post
    I found on my phone with BRP connect that it wouldn't start the app on its own. Everytime I start the bike I have to physically go in and start the app on my phone, either music or genius and then BRP will connect.
    You need to have the dash firmware updated to 13.20 then it will open the app as long as the phone is unlocked.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    As a side question. Is your FM radio usable? Mine, the reception is so bad, it's useless. Dealer unable to fix so far.
    Billy … thanks for confirming that BRP Connect will only work from the one USB port in the "oven". As I am used to hooking my phone up in the rear of the RT and starting music first, the only extra step for me will be to pair the phone to the F3 and then can control from the joy stick … just as I do on the RT (with the predecessor to the joy stick).

So far, my radio seems usable …. I have set a few presets and reception seems decent (at least while I am sitting still). Have not "road tested" radio yet -- will update once I have. The only thing I can think of for your reception is that it might be a ground issue with the antenna (very sensitive to that with all my horror stories with the CB on the RT). If your dealer has not checked that the radio and antenna are grounded …. it might be worth looking into.

All the best ….. Ann
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs

Don't Eat Mud / mudflap

Spyder Garage

Default I'm waiting too!

BRP Connect doesn't work with Android. Period. The latest version of the software is 13.20, not 13.02. We've been to 4 different dealers, 2 of them are platinum, with the latest stating that they had BRP specialists in their dealership without success. They said disconnect from BRP Connect and wait for a fix. Really? They didn't have to wait for our payment.

I called the BRP help line yesterday (as their email system won't accept my input, keep getting an error that the system is temporarily down - for two months? ) and was promised a phone call within 24 hours from their BRP Connect experts. Still waiting.

Wayne
    I feel your pain! I've made three payments on my F3L so far and the BRP Connect STILL does not work. I've been told in writing and verbally they are working on it and will let me know when they have it fixed. Can I tell them the same about all future payments??