Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking for BRP Connect expert

So, I have all needed software on my phone, BRP connect, Genius maps. etc..
    Here's the problem: I can run Genius maps on the bike display. Fine. I also can listen to music from my phone having control of volume and FFW and reverse. So far so good. When playing the music, I cannot switch back to Genius maps. When I try, I get a screen saying "loading" and that's it. Will not move from there. I can go back to music but it seems when playing music, it locks up everything else. To get the maps again, I practically have to disconnect the phone and start from scratch.
    How can I listen to music while having the map on the screen? Also, does the direction voice mute the music and back to music again?
    I have a TOM-TOM that I use occasionally and I can see the map while music is playing and stops for voice direction and back to music again
    I am frustrated. This system is really complicated.
    Any help out there?
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

I've had my share of challenges with BRP Connect and Genius Maps. My hunch is that BRP Connect and Genius Maps wants complete control over your phone. Nothing else can be running in the background. When you simply try to switch screens, your music player is still active and Genius Maps won't load. You would have to stop your music player completely first to get your map to display. To listen to music, you would then have to re-start your music player. I don't see how you could have them available at the same time. Maybe a second phone paired to your headset for music, and your primary phone for Genius Maps ??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One question is what smartphone are you using? iPhone or Android? Is it less than 3-4 years old? I know you need an iPhone 6 or better. Is the phone up to date? Almost any high tech gadget we have these days needs to be checked forth latest firmware or OS. Basically it should work like TomTom.

1. Make sure your dash software is 13.02. In the main dash you push the joystick in and will see Stats and you can navigate to "settings" then "about" to find the version you have.
    When switching from one app to another you push the joystick in and hold it then you'll see the other apps. Before you get going, you can set Genius Maps to be quiet by touching the speaker icon and muting it then it shouldn't crash. As of the 13.02 update, this works better but can still crash. I open the sound and turn off all the alerts. (Speed, Gas stations, Directions and Speed Cameras.)

2. Make sure the phone is unlocked and if you don't have the latest update, BRP Connect has to be open.

Make sure the Genius Maps is also set up to be used in a vehicle. (The cost for the app and vehicle usage can be recouped with a $90 cash card from BRP, but only if you have the RTL) There are a lot of video tutorials on how to use BRP Connect and we've discussed it many times here on Spyderlovers.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 08-28-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    One question is what smartphone are you using? iPhone or Android? Is it less than 3-4 years old? I know you need an iPhone 6 or better. Is the phone up to date? Almost any high tech gadget we have these days needs to be checked forth latest firmware or OS. Basically it should work like TomTom.

1. Make sure your dash software is 13.02. In the main dash you push the joystick in and will see Stats and you can navigate to "settings" then "about" to find the version you have.
    When switching from one app to another you push the joystick in and hold it then you'll see the other apps. Before you get going, you can set Genius Maps to be quiet by touching the speaker icon and muting it then it shouldn't crash. As of the 13.02 update, this works better but can still crash. I open the sound and turn off all the alerts. (Speed, Gas stations, Directions and Speed Cameras.)

2. Make sure the phone is unlocked and if you don't have the latest update, BRP Connect has to be open.

Make sure the Genius Maps is also set up to be used in a vehicle. (The cost for the app and vehicle usage can be recouped with a $90 cash card from BRP, but only if you have the RTL) There are a lot of video tutorials on how to use BRP Connect and we've discussed it many times here on Spyderlovers.

Hope this helps.
    I am using an Android phone with the latest update V.7.0. The phone is like 6 months old. My dash software was updated to 13.02 about a month ago. I have the car connect and BTW I did receive the $90 promotion. So, when plying music through the bike speakers, if I press the button in the front of the cluster (use to be for CB), it switches to a screen showing the outline of a phone and the word "loading". And that's it. Stays there forever. I can push, press, wiggle the joystick, nothing happens. The only way to go back to the music screen, is again press the front "CB" button. Locked between these two screens. I sure think BRP screwed up big time with this BRP Connect joke. I think the older dash board gave you more options with lot less hassle. Of well......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    I am using an Android phone with the latest update V.7.0. The phone is like 6 months old. My dash software was updated to 13.02 about a month ago. I have the car connect and BTW I did receive the $90 promotion. So, when plying music through the bike speakers, if I press the button in the front of the cluster (use to be for CB), it switches to a screen showing the outline of a phone and the word "loading". And that's it. Stays there forever. I can push, press, wiggle the joystick, nothing happens. The only way to go back to the music screen, is again press the front "CB" button. Locked between these two screens. I sure think BRP screwed up big time with this BRP Connect joke. I think the older dash board gave you more options with lot less hassle. Of well......
    From this description it looks like your phone is not BT paired or the usb cable is not plugged in or phone has locked. That is why it is trying to load the phone again. Since you do not say the what source of the music is. If it's from your phone then you BT paired, but not connected by usb or your phone has locked. BT will work with the phone locked but BRP connect will not.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Launch both while stopped.

Hi Bigmo

Im no expert but I’m starting to figure out BRP Connect.
    If u have phone plugged into front USB and Bluetooth connected to Spyder.
    While stopped:
    1-launch ur music.
    2-hold down joystick to pull up BRP Connect.
    3 click on Genious Maps.

Youll be able to play ur music through speakers and have G Maps on dash.
    i just tried it and it worked in my ‘18.
    Long story short, I don’t think BRP wants us pressing too many buttons while driving. Let me know if u get “No Track Selected” message, I figured out how to fix this.
    Good luck, I hope it works.
    Jarred.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, as Billybovine says, you need to be connected with both USB and Bluetooth. The helmet pairs to the phone VIA the bike's dash. The phone needs to be unlocked and you can only start any music while stopped. You should be able to hear music while looking and hearing Genius Maps or while using the other apps.

You can open BRP Connect by either using the button on the back of the left handlebar cluster or by pushing the joystick in and up to select it. Sometimes you push the joystick in or up/down/left/right and sometimes you need to hold it in that direction to get things to work.

Currently I'm using two iPhones, one with cell service and one w/o. I use the one w/o to connect to the bike with Maps, Rever and FOBO. I use the other for SiriusXM, Waze, Garmin and phone music and my headset is only connected to the second phone. If I really need Genius maps to tell me where to go it comes in very loud thru the bike's speakers. ( I've never thrown away any of my earlier phones, that how I can have more than one)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    From this description it looks like your phone is not BT paired or the usb cable is not plugged in or phone has locked. That is why it is trying to load the phone again. Since you do not say the what source of the music is. If it's from your phone then you BT paired, but not connected by usb or your phone has locked. BT will work with the phone locked but BRP connect will not.
    The phone is paired and recognize. It is plugged with the USB port out of the frunk. The music is from the phone. I actually start the music from the bike system after getting the screen showing the 3 icons. It does display the songs name same as my phone. Everything is hooked up properly. Still locks up....

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The phone is paired and recognize. It is plugged with the USB port out of the frunk.
    I don't have or use BRP Connect, but isn't the phone supposed to be plugged into the USB port in the glove box for it work with BRP Connect? The USB port in the trunk is for auxiliary media input, isn't it?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I don't have or use BRP Connect, but isn't the phone supposed to be plugged into the USB port in the glove box for it work with BRP Connect? The USB port in the trunk is for auxiliary media input, isn't it?
    This is a 2018 RTL. There is no plug in the glove box. Audio port and BRP Connect USB port are in the frunk. Some idea.......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Yes, as Billybovine says, you need to be connected with both USB and Bluetooth. The helmet pairs to the phone VIA the bike's dash. The phone needs to be unlocked and you can only start any music while stopped. You should be able to hear music while looking and hearing Genius Maps or while using the other apps.

You can open BRP Connect by either using the button on the back of the left handlebar cluster or by pushing the joystick in and up to select it. Sometimes you push the joystick in or up/down/left/right and sometimes you need to hold it in that direction to get things to work.

Currently I'm using two iPhones, one with cell service and one w/o. I use the one w/o to connect to the bike with Maps, Rever and FOBO. I use the other for SiriusXM, Waze, Garmin and phone music and my headset is only connected to the second phone. If I really need Genius maps to tell me where to go it comes in very loud thru the bike's speakers. ( I've never thrown away any of my earlier phones, that how I can have more than one)
    The fact that I can load Genius maps and/or the music from the phone, tells me that the phone is properly connected. I have the same setup. Both Android. One with no service is used with the BRP Connect. Somehow, I have the impression that BRP Connect was designed to work with IPhone. I had the firmware update done recently hopping that it will correct the issue. Nope. Still the same. It's about the same with the new Goldwing. Lots of features that works with IPhone only. Sad....

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is a 2018 RTL. There is no plug in the glove box. Audio port and BRP Connect USB port are in the frunk. Some idea.......
    OK, I guess it's the F3 that has the plug in the glove box.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

The fact that I can load Genius maps and/or the music from the phone, tells me that the phone is properly connected. I have the same setup. Both Android. One with no service is used with the BRP Connect. Somehow, I have the impression that BRP Connect was designed to work with IPhone. I had the firmware update done recently hopping that it will correct the issue. Nope. Still the same. It's about the same with the new Goldwing. Lots of features that works with IPhone only. Sad....
    Because everything works correctly when you first turn everything on. Still makes me think the phone is still locking in 1,2,5 or 10 minutes whatever the settings are in your phone. When you first installed the BRP Connect app or when you first run it. Don't remember which. You had to give permission to your phone to stay unlocked when the BRP Connect app is running. If you did not do that correctly your phone will lock after a period of time. Then the BRP Connect app will no longer work when the phone is locked. Tunes will keep playing just fine.

So when the connect app is no longer is working. Go to your front trunk and check your phone. Is it locked?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    OK, I guess it's the F3 that has the plug in the glove box.
    Yes the 2018 F3 has the usb plug and audio plug in the Easy Bake Oven. Behind the windshield.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Hi Bigmo

While stopped:
    1-launch ur music.
    3 click on Genious Maps.

Long story short, I don’t think BRP wants us pressing too many buttons while driving. Let me know if u get “No Track Selected” message, I figured out how to fix this.
    Jarred.
    Do you have a solution to this Jarred? “No Track Selected” message, I figured out how to fix this.

Spyder Garage

Hi Bigmo

While stopped:
    1-launch ur music.
    3 click on Genious Maps.

Jarred.
    So, i tried your suggestion. Phone paired. I start music from the phone. Plug USB. The phone goes into BRP connect mode (picture of phone with cable). Music is now plying from bike speakers. Double press back button. Get screen with 3 icons. Music, Maps, Genius maps. Music still playing. Click on Genius maps. Get a very small message saying "Please disconnect and configure the app on your smartphone". From there, pressing button goes back to music, another press back to the message. Start all over but now press the Maps icon, not genius, and the map is on the screen. Music still playing. Not sure what it means by "configure the app". I can load Genius on the phone and works fine. I have Pro-guidance and car connectivity on the phone. I tried another phone. Same results. Could it be because I'm using Android phone? I ordered FOBO sensors (should get today) and at this point I'm concerned that it may not work.
    I'm about to give up on BRP Connect......

Spyder Garage

Default Almost there...

So, i tried your suggestion. Phone paired. I start music from the phone. Plug USB. The phone goes into BRP connect mode (picture of phone with cable). Music is now plying from bike speakers. Double press back button. Get screen with 3 icons. Music, Maps, Genius maps. Music still playing. Click on Genius maps. Get a very small message saying "Please disconnect and configure the app on your smartphone". From there, pressing button goes back to music, another press back to the message. Start all over but now press the Maps icon, not genius, and the map is on the screen. Music still playing. Not sure what it means by "configure the app". I can load Genius on the phone and works fine. I have Pro-guidance and car connectivity on the phone. I tried another phone. Same results. Could it be because I'm using Android phone? I ordered FOBO sensors (should get today) and at this point I'm concerned that it may not work.
    I'm about to give up on BRP Connect......
    Good Morning Bigmo.
    You’re almost there! All you need to do now is open Genius Maps from your phone (while NOT connected to Spyder). Using your phone, open Genius Maps, go to settings and make sure you set everything properly. I’ll try to figure out how to attach a pic to this thread but in the meantime, make sure the following:
    Settings Tab:
    Pro Guidance: North America
    Voice: (choose any voice u like)
    Vehicle Connectivity: NorthAmerica
    Language: English/UK
    You Can also go to Route Settings, click off what u want.
    When done going through settings, click that Heart, go back to screen that shows map.
    ‘Close the app on your phone (but not a hard close)
    connect phone to Spyder in Frunk.
    ‘Start her up, wait for everything to load. Now u should be able to use the steps In my first post on this subject.
    ‘Get your music playing, hold down joystick, scroll over to Genius Maps and launch.
    I wrote a lot of words, but this process will take u about 5 min. I’ll try to take a pic of the screen and post here or PM you.
    Good luck, pls let me know if this helps.
    Jarred.

Spyder Garage

Default “No Track Selected”

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Do you have a solution to this Jarred? “No Track Selected” message, I figured out how to fix this.
    Good morning Gerard.

Her’s the “fix” for No Track screen.
    ‘If your driving and try to play music and u get that message. Keep that screen up, pull over (or wait to stop at Stop sign/traffic light)
    When your Spyder is stoped, the “No Track’ screen will change to your music screen (Playlists/Artists etc). Select your music, start driving.
    No need to disconnect phone etc. Spyder just needs to be stopped (or maybe drive very slow, I’ll try that later) for the No Track screen to turn into your music screen.
    This method has worked for me 3 out of 3 times.
    Good luck, pls let me know if it worked for you.
    Jarred.

Spyder Garage

Default FOBO/Android

Good morning Bigmo (again, lol)

i have FOBO and absolutely love it. Before you install it watch the Lamonster Install Video on this. Like Lamont says...believe it or not, u actually have to physically touch the Fobo with your phone (when prompted to do so)
    ‘I strongly recommend you watch and use the install video when installing. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about people w Android trying to use Fobo, I’m hoping it isn’t an Android thing and that these people just didn’t install Fobo properly from the start. I used Lamont’s video and haven’t had a single problem. I also recommend you save your receipt, in the event those “complaints” are justified, and FOBO doesn’t work well w Android you can at least return it. Or contact Fobo for solution before returning. I just really hope it works for you. I love Fobo, use it everyday (from my phone always, in the morning, during a ride when stopped and after pulling her in the garage). It’s a fantastic product, I’ve never clicked on it from BRP Connect screen, just from app on my phone.
    Good luck, have a great day.
    Jarred.

Spyder Garage

Good morning Bigmo (again, lol)

i have FOBO and absolutely love it. Before you install it watch the Lamonster Install Video on this. Like Lamont says...believe it or not, u actually have to physically touch the Fobo with your phone (when prompted to do so)
    ‘I strongly recommend you watch and use the install video when installing. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about people w Android trying to use Fobo, I’m hoping it isn’t an Android thing and that these people just didn’t install Fobo properly from the start. I used Lamont’s video and haven’t had a single problem. I also recommend you save your receipt, in the event those “complaints” are justified, and FOBO doesn’t work well w Android you can at least return it. Or contact Fobo for solution before returning. I just really hope it works for you. I love Fobo, use it everyday (from my phone always, in the morning, during a ride when stopped and after pulling her in the garage). It’s a fantastic product, I’ve never clicked on it from BRP Connect screen, just from app on my phone.
    Good luck, have a great day.
    Jarred.
    There is a firmware update that makes FOBO works with Android. I did request that it'll be done before shipping. I am aware of actually touching the sensors with the phone. Anyway, I'll know by tomorrow if delivery is on time.

Spyder Garage

Good Morning Bigmo.
    You’re almost there! All you need to do now is open Genius Maps from your phone (while NOT connected to Spyder). Using your phone, open Genius Maps, go to settings and make sure you set everything properly. I’ll try to figure out how to attach a pic to this thread but in the meantime, make sure the following:
    Settings Tab:
    Pro Guidance: North America
    Voice: (choose any voice u like)
    Vehicle Connectivity: NorthAmerica
    Language: English/UK
    You Can also go to Route Settings, click off what u want.
    When done going through settings, click that Heart, go back to screen that shows map.
    ‘Close the app on your phone (but not a hard close)
    connect phone to Spyder in Frunk.
    ‘Start her up, wait for everything to load. Now u should be able to use the steps In my first post on this subject.
    ‘Get your music playing, hold down joystick, scroll over to Genius Maps and launch.
    I wrote a lot of words, but this process will take u about 5 min. I’ll try to take a pic of the screen and post here or PM you.
    Good luck, pls let me know if this helps.
    Jarred.
    Jarred, thanks for the info. Well, I got it to work but not with the phone I wanted to. I have 2 phones, both Android. The Samsung Note 4 has V.6.0 but no cell data (disconnected) and my current phone with cell data LG Stylo 3 with V.7.0. I got all to work fine with the LG. The Samsung, which I don't use for calls, is the one I wanted to keep connected. I'm not sure if the version 6.0 vs 7.0 makes the difference. (I'm not sure if I can get the 7.0 version without a cell service). I have all the setting you list above on both phone. BTW, I extended the USB port in the Frunk to right behind the windscreen, so I can see the phone while doing all this. The phone, Samsung, doesn't shut off, just shows the outline of a phone with a cord attached. That alone tells me that it is connected properly. Anyway, I guess I'll use the LG since I'll have it in front of me. Wonder if a call comes in (not that I will try to answer) would the phone shows incoming call? I'll have to try that and have my wife call me while on BRP Connect. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. I'll let you know about incoming calls.

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Loading ......

I have a new 2018 F3 bought last month. I have a simular problem mine will say loading and will freeze there no music either from phone or fm won't allow you to change display like it's locked up. Have appt for dealer to check BUDS for issues. The only way to fix temp is to shut off bike and let all lights go off and then restart and sometimes this doesn't help.

Spyder Garage

Good morning Gerard.

Her’s the “fix” for No Track screen.
    ‘If your driving and try to play music and u get that message. Keep that screen up, pull over (or wait to stop at Stop sign/traffic light)
    When your Spyder is stoped, the “No Track’ screen will change to your music screen (Playlists/Artists etc). Select your music, start driving.
    No need to disconnect phone etc. Spyder just needs to be stopped (or maybe drive very slow, I’ll try that later) for the No Track screen to turn into your music screen.
    This method has worked for me 3 out of 3 times.
    Good luck, pls let me know if it worked for you.
    Jarred.

No, still didn't work.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP Connect doesn't work with Android. Period. The latest version of the software is 13.20, not 13.02. We've been to 4 different dealers, 2 of them are platinum, with the latest stating that they had BRP specialists in their dealership without success. They said disconnect from BRP Connect and wait for a fix. Really? They didn't have to wait for our payment.

I called the BRP help line yesterday (as their email system won't accept my input, keep getting an error that the system is temporarily down - for two months? ) and was promised a phone call within 24 hours from their BRP Connect experts. Still waiting.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default start app on phone.

I found on my phone with BRP connect that it wouldn't start the app on its own. Everytime I start the bike I have to physically go in and start the app on my phone, either music or genius and then BRP will connect.
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red