Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    Well, since the thread is already here, I'll ask my questions. I'm still looking for my RT. I'd prefer an RT-S or Limited. I'll probably go used unless I can get an amazing deal on new. So, what I'm seeing in my area is a lot of 2014s for sale. One or two '15s, maybe one '16, no '17s. Is there something "wrong" with the 2014 model? I usually avoid the first model year of anything, but, not always. The prices I'm told seem a little steep, but from my research they'e abot average around here. Some of the '14s are going for around $15k with very low miles. There's an "orange" one with under 1k miles on it about 130 miles away going for $15k that looks good. There's the same bike locally at the used HD shop, but they're "asking" just under $19k for it.

So, is the 2014 MY a problem? I'm not afraid to do my own work - my brother is a mechanic and does most of thew work on his own bikes.
    The 2014 is good nothing wrong with them (good bike) its all about the price. now if you look at new say a 2018 left over for just under 20 you get little improvements to the bike and warrantee. so again its all about the price and what you are will to pay.

So if you do get on let us know what you end up getting.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Well, since the thread is already here, I'll ask my questions. I'm still looking for my RT. I'd prefer an RT-S or Limited. I'll probably go used unless I can get an amazing deal on new. So, what I'm seeing in my area is a lot of 2014s for sale. One or two '15s, maybe one '16, no '17s. Is there something "wrong" with the 2014 model? I usually avoid the first model year of anything, but, not always. The prices I'm told seem a little steep, but from my research they'e abot average around here. Some of the '14s are going for around $15k with very low miles. There's an "orange" one with under 1k miles on it about 130 miles away going for $15k that looks good. There's the same bike locally at the used HD shop, but they're "asking" just under $19k for it.

So, is the 2014 MY a problem? I'm not afraid to do my own work - my brother is a mechanic and does most of thew work on his own bikes.
    I bought a used 2015 RTL with 15K on it a year ago that had the exact farkles I would have put on it, Baja Ron shocks, Rolo Horn, Russell Daylong seat with fuel door, safety lighting etc. and love the byke. If you buy out of state find out what you have to do to register it, Ca is a bit of a headache in that regard, and get the VIN and call a dealer and have them run a service history on the bike.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I haven't seen an '18 RT LTD for under 20k, most of them are $21+ around here, and the local shop is asking $25k for an '18. Wouldn't mind having the warranty, but not sure I'm liking all that I'm reading about the BRP Connect system. The wife would really like one now that the weather is getting nice, and I'll admit to getting a little impatient waiting for the right deal.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I picked up a new 2018 RT ...for $18K + associated fees, taxes, registration, etc. The Spyder had been used for a 3 wheel motorcycle course for about 6 months - and accumulated 4 miles on the odometer. Sweet deal - and the 2018 RT has standard features that seem to be 'deluxe' features on previous years.

Spyder Garage

Here's my opinion being a very new spyder owner.
    I did not buy based on the BRP connect or new dash. I have the latest update to the dash and like it, I have not connected a phone or headset to it.
    Do not let BRP connect be involved in any decision to purchase something that is so enjoyable.

Spyder Garage

I've seen several regular RTs for around $18k. I'd get a standard RT, but I'd like the auto-level system just to save me from having to adjust every time the wife wants to ride. And I like the added lights.

I'm not saying I'd let BRP Connect be a make/break point, but it is a consideration among other things.

I really need to find a place that I can test ride one. I like the feel when sitting on it at the dealer, but I've always had bikes before.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've seen several regular RTs for around $18k. I'd get a standard RT, but I'd like the auto-level system just to save me from having to adjust every time the wife wants to ride. And I like the added lights.

I'm not saying I'd let BRP Connect be a make/break point, but it is a consideration among other things.

I really need to find a place that I can test ride one. I like the feel when sitting on it at the dealer, but I've always had bikes before.
    There is a kit for the leveling system you can add later if you decide you need to. As far as the BRP Connect issues they were pretty much corrected with the 20.8 software update that came out a few weeks ago. I see the 2018 RTL has gone back up a little form the price it was in Jan. I had saw some for 20k and it looks like now their 23k. Still might find a 2018 demo that they will sell as new for - 20k with full warrantee from the day you purchases. Just have to talk to the dealer a little. I know I motor sports will even deliver for free and they have had the best price for the BRP extended 3 year warrantee also, that would give you 5 years total. Good Luck shopping!!
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Well, found a 2015 RT Limited in Yellow about 130 miles from here. They want $17,900 for it. I'm having a hard time passing up Yellow, only the distance is making it an issue at the moment. All of 2500 miles on it.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by paraflyer1966 View Post
    I have to second this...2012 RT-s I've had for the last 4 years (bought it used) has treated the Wife and I well.
    I agree! My 2012 RT-SE5 has been a great bike for me. Bought it used with high mileage, and haven't regretted it for a single minute. :-)