Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT Limited improvements

Just purchased my first Spyder, a new 2018 RT Limited. Was wandering if there have been any improvements over past year model such as sway bars, shocks, etc. Mine has the automatic suspension adjusting. I'm just wandering what kind of upgrades I might want to make in the future after I get her broke in.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RidinOn3 View Post
    I'm just wandering what kind of upgrades I might want to make in the future after I get her broke in.
    Cross your fingers that you will just LOVE every aspect of it and won't need to change anything.
    That seems to happen to quite a few new owners.

Then there is the rest of us...........

Spyder Garage

No doubt! I'm afraid I''m already with the rest of you. I like accessories! I gave up my Goldwing (loaded) and came over to the "unknown"! Just like the Wingers, I found that the Spyder bunch is a great group of people.

Spyder Garage

As for improvements ,to me they went backwards and the 2017 is a better bike .Mostly the new gauge, it is a pain in the part you sit on .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde. I recommend giving it about a thousand miles before making any riding modifications. If you have to "farkle" there are plenty of lights and bling options to go with.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Improve “protection”

Quote Originally Posted by RidinOn3 View Post
    Just purchased my first Spyder, a new 2018 RT Limited. Was wandering if there have been any improvements over past year model such as sway bars, shocks, etc. Mine has the automatic suspension adjusting. I'm just wandering what kind of upgrades I might want to make in the future after I get her broke in.
    Congrats on the new ride! I too am a new Spyder owner (as of 7/9/18), I have the ‘18 RTL, I know some complain about new dash, but I love it. Some problems here and there but software can be updated.
    Great advice to wait till 1k miles to adjust anything, I have 1,500 miles and have learned a lot. With that said, I concentrated on after markets parts/accessories that help protect my Spyder. Lamonster Garage and SpyderPops have great products and install videos. I recommend the following.
    1) Missing Belt Guard
    2) SpyderPops BumpSkid
    3) KOTT Grilles.
    I think that’s a good start. Also (if u don’t already own from the Wing), Lamonster has great “roadside assistance” gear. Battery Jumper, flat tire kit etc.
    Also recommend Lamonster Spyder Cuff & Black Diamond Detailer. Since I bought my Spyder I’ve only used the BRP cleaners/Detail Spray. Lamonster’s is much better! And my wife loves the smell, my garage smells like a Piña Colada! Lol

Most of all, drive safe and have fun.
    ‘Best of luck!

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Congrats on the new ride! I too am a new Spyder owner (as of 7/9/18), I have the ‘18 RTL, I know some complain about new dash, but I love it. Some problems here and there but software can be updated.
    Great advice to wait till 1k miles to adjust anything, I have 1,500 miles and have learned a lot. With that said, I concentrated on after markets parts/accessories that help protect my Spyder. Lamonster Garage and SpyderPops have great products and install videos. I recommend the following.
    1) Missing Belt Guard
    2) SpyderPops BumpSkid
    3) KOTT Grilles.
    I think that’s a good start. Also (if u don’t already own from the Wing), Lamonster has great “roadside assistance” gear. Battery Jumper, flat tire kit etc.
    Also recommend Lamonster Spyder Cuff & Black Diamond Detailer. Since I bought my Spyder I’ve only used the BRP cleaners/Detail Spray. Lamonster’s is much better! And my wife loves the smell, my garage smells like a Piña Colada! Lol

Most of all, drive safe and have fun.
    ‘Best of luck!
    I like your list. I added #2 and #3 above to mine at about a thousand miles.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks! The bumpskid is definitely a must have and I'll be checking out the others.

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On your new Spyder. If, after riding a while you feel the need to stretch out more than the little BRP floorboards can give, you might check out my Seal Floorboards for a much more comfortable ride. They are a very easy and quick install.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    On your new Spyder. If, after riding a while you feel the need to stretch out more than the little BRP floorboards can give, you might check out my Seal Floorboards for a much more comfortable ride. They are a very easy and quick install.
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    This thread WAS about an RT Limited.
    Mine came with full floorboards.
    Don't they all ??

Spyder Garage

Default Leave as is, then consider options

I suggest you leave as is until you really learn the characteristics of the bike and what you like and/or dislike. I then suggest you look into the offerings of the vendors that advertise on SpyderLovers as they represent a high percentage of the options that riders tend to do with their Spyders.

Have fun and welcome to our world.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Add Baha Ron’s sway bar from Spyderpops to the list. Rides on rails now
    Last edited by RapidSpyder; 08-26-2018 at 06:51 PM.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    This thread WAS about an RT Limited.
    Mine came with full floorboards.
    Don't they all ??
    Sorry to say, they don't all come with foot boards.
    When I purchased my 2018 RD limited, there were 3 other 2018 RT limited with foot pegs.
    Why?
    JM

Spyder Garage

Because they were probably SM6 not SE6 .... manual transmission spyders have pegs.
    Back amongst the living May 2021
    2022 RT Limited Hyper Silver

Out to Pasture:
    2013 ST Limited , Black Currant
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2013 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow Metallic
    2008 GS SM5 , Millenium Yellow
    2020 RT Limited Petrol Dark
    2014 RT Limited Champagne Black
    2012 RT Limited White
    2010 Timeless Black RTS SM5
    2010 Orbital Blue RTS SM5
    2008 GS SM5 PE 1941
    2008 GS SM5 PE2011

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats and welcome, agree with give it a while before deciding on changes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker2011 View Post
    Because they were probably SM6 not SE6 .... manual transmission spyders have pegs.
    2018RTL's only came with the SE6. The 2018RT has the option of either SE6 or SM6.

Also, the 2018RT (not the Limited) has driver foot pegs and passenger floorboards, with either SE6 or SM6.
    Last edited by IgoFar2; 12-09-2018 at 05:36 PM.