Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for all the help!!!

Well, some of the things I have learned here are really paying off. Yesterday was a beautiful day in Northwest Virginia. So, I got ready to spend the day in the open air. Got the bike rolled out of the garage, hit the starter, and only a brief sputter and then nothing. It would crank, but made no effort to start!! Needless to say, panic began to set in.

Then I remembered to check some of the things I have learned here. (Not the kill switch, because I knew about that from other bikes I have owned and checked it first!!!) Took out the key and walked away for a while. Started the process again, but nothing. Checked ground connections, but all seemed to be good. Opened the frunk, got to the fuse box and reseated all of the relays. Hit the starter, and after it coughed and blew a bit of smoke from the flooding it fired up and ran great. I turned it off and waited a while and started it again - just to be sure it was not a fluke. All was well, and I spent the remainder of the day enjoying the weather, the roads, and the ride. Stopped a several times during the day, and the bike started up perfectly each time.

Thanks to all who have contributed over the years to make this a lot easier that it might have been.

FYI: In addition, I have changed the front tires to Vredestein Quatrac 5, and gave them a bit of a workout today. Yes, it certainly makes a difference in the handling with these tires. I stopped by the local dealer in Berkley Springs, WV, and they will mount the Kumho Ecsta AST rear tire next week. I am looking forward to reporting on the total package after I get some miles on them.

Thanks everyone. Ride Safe
    2011 RT-S , Silver

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default A GOOD DAY

WE ALL appreciate your kind words and are glad it got better as you progressed..... Since I have brought the Vredestein to everyone's attention .... I'm glad you like it ..... What PSI's are you using ???? ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Pressure

I am following your suggestions. 15 for the fronts, and Will use 18 when the rear is installed. Seems to work, and when up to full operating temp the fronts are at 17 which is within the correct range. I appreciate your work to figure out what to use. It saved me a lot of time.

2011 RT-S , Silver