Spyder Garage

Default Those with tricare for life.....

that currently have the retiree dental program, that goes away Dec 31, 2018. During the enrollment period from Nov 12-Dec 10, you have to choose one of the 10 plans offered. I only mention it b/c I almost threw away the post card as junk mail that detailed the above.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

“Together we’re going to deliver real change that once again puts Americans first. That begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as *****care … You’re going to have such great health care, at a tiny fraction of the cost—and it’s going to be so easy.”
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    “Together we’re going to deliver real change that once again puts Americans first. That begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as *****care … You’re going to have such great health care, at a tiny fraction of the cost—and it’s going to be so easy.”
    And we also have the Brooklyn Bridge we're offering for sale at a bargain price.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Still waiting for this piece of fiction to appear, just like how I’m not paying for that wall.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Yep, trying to decide what to do now .....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2013 F6B
    2016 F3 Ltd
    2016 F3 LTD , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Basically until the elected elite (and that’s both parties) are dealing with the same healthcare choices and premiums as the rest of us they really don’t give a damn other than what gets them re re elected.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    Yep, trying to decide what to do now .....
    All I know is that there will be 10 choices for the dental which will include eye care. I currently pay $32.25/month for dental.

This has nothing to do with Tricare for Life Medical, as some here may be implying, at least not currently.

Spyder Garage

I apologize that the some are always trying to make things political in every thread posted. It's clear from the posts above...……….

Please forgive them, they are suffering..........
    Last edited by Holly; 08-23-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I apologize that the some are always trying to make things political in every thread posted. It's clear from the posts above...……….

Please forgive them, they are suffering..........
    You mean like the post you removed?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    You mean like the post you removed?

Can you prove that, or is it just speculation ???????????????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Can you prove that, or is it just speculation ???????????????
    Kind of getting used to this response: "I didn't do it but if I did, you can't prove it and if you can prove it, it's not a crime." Really fits your MO. As for you, a month ago I looked at your entire posting history and there was not one post about the Spyder in at least the last couple of years. Nothing but politics and off-topic stuff, usually insulting somebody. So more likely than not you did delete something but instead of just being honest you'd rather play little games ... just like a major political figure likes to do.

What are you doing in this thread, anyway? Why do you insert yourself into a thread about Tricare for Life? You're not a veteran -- of the U.S. military, anyway. Tricare is only for we "so-called" veterans who actually served our country. America, that is.
    Last edited by johnsimion; 08-23-2018 at 09:25 PM.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Kind of getting used to this response: "I didn't do it but if I did, you can't prove it and if you can prove it, it's not a crime." Really fits your MO. As for you, a month ago I looked at your entire posting history and there was not one post about the Spyder in at least the last couple of years. Nothing but politics and off-topic stuff, usually insulting somebody. So more likely than not you did delete something but instead of just being honest you'd rather play little games ... just like a major political figure likes to do.

What are you doing in this thread, anyway? Why do you insert yourself into a thread about Tricare for Life? You're not a veteran -- of the U.S. military, anyway. Tricare is only for we "so-called" veterans who actually served our country. America, that is.
    Keyboard internet warrior. Gets to feel powerful this way. Sad.

Spyder Garage

I meant to respond to this last week, but just got too busy. We're a Tricare Prime family through my wife's military service (retired) while enrolled through FEDVIP from my current federal service. At the time there was financial incentive to do it this way for the family instead of through TRDP. Thanks for reminding us that it's open season as it might be time to revisit whether for 2019 it's better for us to enroll into FEDVIP from the military or federal side. For those that are in Tricare Select/Prime/Life and retired...probably the most important thing is to remember that if you are currently enrolled in a TRDP plan, you will not be automatically enrolled in a FEDVIP plan for 2019. Also, if being part of TRDP didn't make sense in the past...then perhaps another look at the 2019 plans under FEDVIP may be worth your time.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
    I meant to respond to this last week, but just got too busy. We're a Tricare Prime family through my wife's military service (retired) while enrolled through FEDVIP from my current federal service. At the time there was financial incentive to do it this way for the family instead of through TRDP. Thanks for reminding us that it's open season as it might be time to revisit whether for 2019 it's better for us to enroll into FEDVIP from the military or federal side. For those that are in Tricare Select/Prime/Life and retired...probably the most important thing is to remember that if you are currently enrolled in a TRDP plan, you will not be automatically enrolled in a FEDVIP plan for 2019. Also, if being part of TRDP didn't make sense in the past...then perhaps another look at the 2019 plans under FEDVIP may be worth your time.
    For me, it's fine just the way it is. All I wanted was a dental plan, and just over $32/month was fine with me. I'm Tricare for Life, which is the medical part for me, and I'm fine with that. I can't wait to see the 10 different plans to choose from for dental and eye care, along with the price tag.

Spyder Garage

For me, it's fine just the way it is. All I wanted was a dental plan, and just over $32/month was fine with me. I'm Tricare for Life, which is the medical part for me, and I'm fine with that. I can't wait to see the 10 different plans to choose from for dental and eye care, along with the price tag.
    Healthcare is costing me about 18k this year for a family of four with a high deductible. Once COBRA runs out it’s going to go up another 10k. How can I sustain that?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

....are very fortunate in today's turbulent health care payment system environment.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    ....are very fortunate in today's turbulent health care payment system environment.
    I'm fortunate; I'm not saying that I'm not. Tricare for Life was a benefit of retiring from the military, with no service connected disability. I'll leave it at the before this takes a spiral down hill. The thread was only to alert those with Tricare.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm fortunate; I'm not saying that I'm not. Tricare for Life was a benefit of retiring from the military, with no service connected disability. I'll leave it at the before this takes a spiral down hill. The thread was only to alert those with Tricare.
    I didn't mean to suggest you were not grateful or deserving. I can pull the comment if you would like
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I didn't mean to suggest you were not grateful or deserving. I can pull the comment if you would like
    Leave it. It's fine.

Spyder Garage

Sorry for dragging off topic for my part. My father was career govt and his health care benefit in retirement, especially when dementia set in, saved he and my mom.

Glad you you have a plan you are happy with.