Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Remove and Replace Stock antenna on F3 with Top case

Hi guys, many has wrote to me how to remove stock anthenna,. and after video on RT20+ here is a video on F3-T with top case or F3 Limited or Limited SS
    More info you can always find on my official page
    www.MartinTheVlogger.Com - CLICK HERE
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com/expert-can-am-spyder-ryker-motorcycles-vlog-parts-shop-rental

Spyder Garage

As always, thanks for the Vid Martin! Short & to the point, I like it!

Just one thing that you might get a few comments on - Locktite or similar isn't good anywhere on/near a radio antenna/antenna joins/mounts; it's less conductive & it can reduce/degrade the antenna's performance.

The excessive use of that yellow thread locker stuff by BRP has been at least partly if not entirely to blame for the really poor performance many have found their OEM antennae provide, and frequently, the only fix necessary to make an antenna work a whole lot better has been just to remove the thread locker antenna to base &/or from the base to frame/earth connections. So putting any thread lock type stuff on the antenna as you've shown might be degrading the best performance potential from that antenna.

Just Sayin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I wonder if this works the same way on my 18 F3L?
    2018 F3 Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

Just one thing that you might get a few comments on - Locktite or similar isn't good anywhere on/near a radio antenna/antenna joins/mounts; it's less conductive & it can reduce/degrade the antenna's performance.

The excessive use of that yellow thread locker stuff by BRP has been at least partly if not entirely to blame for the really poor performance many have found their OEM antennae provide, and frequently, the only fix necessary to make an antenna work a whole lot better has been just to remove the thread locker antenna to base &/or from the base to frame/earth connections. So putting any thread lock type stuff on the antenna as you've shown might be degrading the best performance potential from that antenna.

Just Sayin'
    .... and Let me add just use a close tolerance " star washer " instead, that's what I did .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    The F3's haven't changed that much, so if you've got a top case, I'd guess that it should be pretty similar?!? But there's one way to find out for sure, isn't there?! It's not rocket science or brain surgery, so go on, give it a go!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-05-2023 at 02:56 AM. Reason: vone.... :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

Just Sayin'
    Hmmm... Good point Sir.. will learn more about it. thank you Peter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    As Peter said its not a rocket science Now its your turn Sir We are waiting

Spyder Garage

I removed my stock antenna in anticipation of receiving a shorty Friday. And, true to form, it wanted to 'spin' rather than unscrew. So.....rather than cut the cover as Martin did, I used a pair of pliers on the 'nut' through the cover and unscrewed it. It was lock-tited but came off without destroying it. Just a suggestion.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!