Spyder Garage

Default Call out for Ochs Auto Sales & Power Sports Jackson, Mo

Hey Team, first time I posted anything, but have read just about everything. Unlimited supply of knowledge / experience / wisdom, and thank you for sharing. Would not have made it this far without SL.

I'm a lay low kind of guy just reading and soaking everything in. Short version for my post. Last August 2017, bought 2012 RTL Peal White with 5500 miles. Very few mods when I bought it and have expanded the proven farkles for safety and comfort. Only been in the shop for normal servicing, tires, etc. until July. The air compressor got loud. So taking the advice from the team I was proactive and had it replaced along with the air bag. (again being proactive being over 5 years old possible dry rot setting in) No big deal. Until 1100 miles later the air suspension just went out and got the orange manual light.

Took the unit to the local Can Am dealer in Jackson MO. They worked a day diagnosing and troubling shooting with BRP. BRP agreed to go ahead to strip it down to the air compressor for verification of bad air comp. Sure enough the new air compressor quit. Dealer called me and told me that BRP would pay for the time and new air comp.

After doing my due diligence on SL, I asked the dealer to look for air leaks, install a new discharge check valve, and to have the technician to remove the inspection plate on the air comp, put some blue lock tight on the set screw that secures the piston rod arm to the flat part of the motor shaft, and snug it down good. (being in industrial maintenance for over 28 years you learn that it's people that assemble parts and in these days quality control just isn't there). Ochs did this and more. While waiting on the parts with the unit stripped down, they did a good going over looking for other issues on the vacuum hoses, gas line hoses, brake hoses, break pads. Only had to pay for parts and no labor on the extras.

So if you are in Southeast Missouri, Ochs Auto Sales and Power Sports is a place I have grown to trust. You may have to wait your turn, they sell a lot of Seadoos, side-by-sides, & 4 wheelers. BRP Silver Certified Dealer.

Phil

Spyder Garage

Default They are not who you think they are!

Ochs has a horrible reputation in Jackson and in other communities where he has business's . Right now they have a judgement against them for a screwed up oil change job (they let an untrained kid change the oil on a Spyder RTL), customer picked up Spyder was on her way to Nashville and oil was spewing everywhere. The kid (who should not have been doing work for a customer) stripped out the drain plugs and then tried to blame it on someone else. Kid didn't know how to take off panels and damaged several panels trying to "pry" them off, in addition to trying to change the oil on the wrong side. Since the judgement in court, they are still refusing to settle with the injured party. She was left with a tow bill to have it towed to a Spyder dealer in Nashville, as well as the charge from them to do the oil change correctly and replace the stripped out drain plugs.

I will never let this dealer touch my Spyder. If you got good service, you are the only one I have heard of that has. Count your blessings that nothing was screwed up on your Spyder.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Definitely bad experience

Totally agree that only qualified techs should work on these machines. Compensation should be levied for this ignorance.

I might be the only one with a good review of Ochs. All I can say they have done me good. But I do quiz them with things I have learned from SL. They have recently changed service managers. Josh is very accommodating and listens.

They even have detailed my Spyder (twice) before I picked it up.

Phil

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by P-57 View Post
    I might be the only one with a good review of Ochs.
    Sometimes there is a "corporate culture" across all of the branches that makes them less than desirable to deal with.......but as this example points out, you should not ASSume that ahead of time.

In the RV world, I wouldn't let Camping World tighten a loose screw on my toy hauler because of several personal bad experiences and reports from others BUT.......last year I was camped at the NASCAR track in Charlotte, NC right beside a large CW store. I had an electrical problem that took out EVERYTHING. Thought sure I would have to pay for a motel room that night BUT......to my surprise, the CW service department at this store took care of the problem and the fix was done just after dark. It cost me a bit but I was happy. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Sometimes there is a "corporate culture" across all of the branches that makes them less than desirable to deal with.......but as this example points out, you should not ASSume that ahead of time.

(In the RV world, I wouldn't let Camping World tighten a loose screw on my toy hauler) because of several personal bad experiences and reports from others BUT.......last year I was camped at the NASCAR track in Charlotte, NC right beside a large CW store. I had an electrical problem that took out EVERYTHING. Thought sure I would have to pay for a motel room that night BUT......to my surprise, the CW service department at this store took care of the problem and the fix was done just after dark. It cost me a bit but I was happy. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
    i AGREE ON CAMPING WORLD

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

Welcome to both the spyder world and this most informative site. It is always good to hear about the better dealers and or shops that will go the extra mile to help us with these rather techy and sometimes touchy machines...glad they got you all set to enjoy your ryde...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderlovers is a must for novices

Thank you Chupaca and we are.

Call out for my favorite camp site

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS

Roughing it is having to use hotel soap & shampoo.

Phil

Spyder Garage

Wife says roughing it for her is a hotel without a pool!!
    2014 RTL , Gray