Spyder Garage

Default Any Ohio riders attending Easyriders this year?

I was just curious if anyone else was maybe going to the Easyriders Rodeo 8/30-9/3 in Chillicothe?
    There are 4 of us going and camping Saturday & Sunday and I am the only Spyder rider in the group. Maybe I will see some more that weekend?
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Hasn't been much talk or preparation for the Rodeo yet this year here in town. I think the shine is finally wearing off after all these years. The last few years now we couldn't even tell there was a bike rally around. Very few bikes in town or on the roads around town. In years past you could not get near a hotel, restaurant, grocery store, or bar because of the crowd. My wife works at an office across from the fairgrounds where the Rodeo is held and she always hated to go to work during Rodeo time because of the traffic. She would take vacation or just leave over an hour earlier for work. The last four years or so she hasn't had to do either, no crowds to deal with. She noticed last year there were more golf carts than bikes it seemed. I hope it's not fading away as it brings in a lot of money to the area and lots of entertainment as well. I usually go out for a day, but recent surgery may keep me on the sidelines this year. Have fun.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Hasn't been much talk or preparation for the Rodeo yet this year here in town.
    Wow. This isn't the news I was expecting. Being a first timer I was expecting massive crowds.
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

I think you will have a good time and be well entertained. The Rodeo feats themselves were always worth seeing. It has been a few years since there has been any massive crowds. I can remember days when they had to stop selling day passes and close the gates because there were too many people in the fairgrounds, hasn't been that way for several years. I have been there at those times and it was NOT fun at all. Can't really see much and where the crowd went you did too, you really didn't have much choice. Have fun. Just a heads up. The fairgrounds is in close proximity to two large prisons and a big VA facility. There is constant traffic flow in the area. Law enforcement will be out IN FORCE and they will hammer you hard for even a minor infraction. Inside the grounds is PARTAY central, do not take it outside of the gates. Who knows,this may well be a comeback year
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I think you will have a good time and be well entertained. The Rodeo feats themselves were always worth seeing. It has been a few years since there has been any massive crowds. I can remember days when they had to stop selling day passes and close the gates because there were too many people in the fairgrounds, hasn't been that way for several years. I have been there at those times and it was NOT fun at all. Can't really see much and where the crowd went you did too, you really didn't have much choice. Have fun. Just a heads up. The fairgrounds is in close proximity to two large prisons and a big VA facility. There is constant traffic flow in the area. Law enforcement will be out IN FORCE and they will hammer you hard for even a minor infraction. Inside the grounds is PARTAY central, do not take it outside of the gates. Who knows,this may well be a comeback year
    Hey...I know you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Wanda View Post
    Hey...I know you.

Hi sweetie. Doing well here and managed 120 miles on the Spyder today. Longest ride yet after surgery and getting better each day. I hope you are feeling better. Let us know if we can do anything to get in the way
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Hi sweetie. Doing well here and managed 120 miles on the Spyder today. Longest ride yet after surgery and getting better each day. I hope you are feeling better. Let us know if we can do anything to get in the way
    We haven't rode for the past 2 months. I get my "date" on Tuesday of this week. I'm hoping it's soon!

Saw that new ride - very sweet. Congrats!