Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    The pressure of this thread gave me a pain in the tire gauge.

Years ago on a forum far, far away:::::

I watched a website ( Bigbikeworld.com) DIE because of activity like this. Chit chat like we've had here turned into " pissing matches" which turned into threats----- which got people kicked off. Which led to other not posting and leaving the site. BBW got very quiet as more posters and followers left. I did. The site closed it's doors a few months later.

Will ya all just get along.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Pis###g matches

I don't agree with them - however when any person backs their statement up with their credentials they should be willing and able
    to verify them. If not it is basically just " my opinion ".
    I am not calling anyone out on this - just making a statement.
    If I make a statement and reference my schooling in this matter please feel free to ask for my credentials.
    There is a big difference between facts and opinions especially when you use" I have been trained to testify ", to the discussion as part of your answer.
    Just my opinion and how I have acted in life,
    als

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Years ago on a forum far, far away:::::

I watched a website ( Bigbikeworld.com) DIE because of activity like this. Chit chat like we've had here turned into " pissing matches" which turned into threats----- which got people kicked off. Which led to other not posting and leaving the site. BBW got very quiet as more posters and followers left. I did. The site closed it's doors a few months later.

Will ya all just get along.

Lew L

I was an Administrator for a website with about 250,000 members. We had about 30 moderators that monitored all of the categories. There were just a few Administrators that had more authority to delete threads, kick people off of the island, etc., etc.

So, we had to make some very difficult decisions.

One of the biggest myths of moderating a forum is this: "Well, if we kick that person out because he's acts like a big fat jerk, we are going to LOSE all of the information that he supplies." That ain't true! We kicked out the biggest names (celebrity level) in our industry because they acted inappropriately in the forums. Guess what we found!

We found that there was MORE participation from users with few posts. (We called them "lurkers.") You see, when a more friendly environment exists, more people will post, and therefore more things can be shared.

The thought that only one person has the credentials, or the knowledge, of a particular topic is ludicrous. So, if you don't want this forum to die, you gotta tone down big loudmouths. If you think that is me, with me fighting back to an unmoderated know-it-all, then so be it. As I've stated: I totally understand. Heck, I've been on the other side of this many times.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Credentials

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    007james ... In my reply to MEP - He requested verifying info, I replied WHY I wasn't going to be able to provide that info. I didn't use any offensive or ATTACK type language ...How you decided there was Bullying in my reply I can't even begin to imagine.... When you claim someone said or advocated something on this Forum .... you should double and triple check your " FACTS " .... I have " NEVER " said someone should use LOWER tire pressures in GENUINE MOTORCYCLE TIRES ON TWO WHEEL Mtc's - NEVER ( please look for it, and I will send you $1000.00 after you post it here )..... your statement that I was the " ROLO Laser Alignment GURU " , sorry but you thought that one up all by yourself...... I did do research on the ROLO system, and I believe in it ( as does SpyderAnn and many, many others ) I have also stated having correct alignment is Key to getting the best wear possible out of the front tires ( even the crappy Kenda's ) ......So in the future Please get your facts straight before going on a typing tirade of mis-information. I have a question for you - Since I was certified by a Court system ( criminal & civil ) as qualified to give EXPERT Testimony on subjects that included TIRES. Do you think that classification is given out to anyone who has an opinion, not based on any training/schooling etc....Do you think Trial Lawyers get there Expert Witnesses by asking passersby if they'd like come into the Courthouse and give Expert testimony....Is that how you think it works?? .... I think your post about this is a kind of " Bullying " .... But I'm sure you aren't going to agree with that ........ Mike
    Hi Mike,....I was going to let this go, but just woke up needing to take a Whiz which reminded me of the Pressure on my bladder while laying on my belley, which reminded me of our pissing contests about tire pressures. . So, after taking care of business, I decided to contribute a little more entertainment to bored Members by asking you, “Would you please post a Copy of either your Certification Certificate, or License, or Degree, or even a photo of your School or Institution where you were trained to be a Court Witness in Vehicle Accidents, and if you can’t , or lost them, would you post the Names of the Court Cases you were a Prime Witness in, with approximate locations, dates, etc., and results of the cases? Thanks in advance, because that would give me much more respect and trust in your expert advice about just about every advice you posted in the past. As for Bullying, I don’t never do that, or try not to, but I do call Bullys out to try and help them with egos when The Good Lord puts them in my Cross Hairs. I agree with the Poster who says more Lurkers always post, and share, when not worrying about being called out by some “Expert” and called an inexperienced Newbie as you called me out years ago when I said I was an “ experienced Spyder Rider” because I had 28,000 miles on my Spyder and you challenged my Neubie experience. I went silent and decided I never had enough experience to contribute, as many most likely do after they see you ankle bite others here . You might notice my small number of posts here, as comparted to other “ Experts.” In case you take my friendly questions negatively, and need a little Spiritual Counseling to deflate your Ego, along with your deflated tires, here is the Link to my Spiritual Blog, where I discuss more important topics than Tire Pressures, and I Do have Credentials to back up my Thunder. I am a retired Clergy Member with Seminary earned Degrees of B.Min., M.Min. And Th.D. Graduated in 1984 from International Seminary. As an Ex Pastor, I may not be an Expert on Tire Inflations, but I’ll hold my own on Ego Inflations.
    I have written as either “ Eternal Flame” or “ Marked Elect” on my Blog. You are invited to browse there, and I promise, never to call you out as a Newbie if you post there or ask a question.
    http://eternaloasisofsouls.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by 007james; 09-01-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 007james View Post
    Hi Mike,....I was going to let this go, but must woke up needing to take a Whiz which reminded me of the Pressure on my bladder while laying on my belley, which reminded me of our pissing contests about tire pressures. 😅. So, after taking care of business, I decided to contribute a little more entertainment to bored Members by asking you, “Would you please post a Copy of either your Certification Certificate, or License, or Degree, or even a photo of your Shcool or Institution whete you were trained to be a Court Wi
    Never mind.

Spyder Garage

Yes I could take the time to gather all this info, but then I asked myself why bother it would be rejected ( and very loudly by a certain cadre of BK haters ) ..... I also asked myself have I EVER seen anyone question say " Billy Bovine " why haven't you proven that your so smart ( I do think He is )...... He has NEVER stated He is an Expert at anything ....So why isn't He questioned ???? .......... Put what ever pressure you want in your tires, if you like it and it makes you happy just do it ( I know what can happen to your Spyder - you may discover it also )........ I have a question for you - What are your credentials that you feel qualifies you to Question mine ?????........your welcome ..... Mike
    I'm not an expert at anything tire or Spyder related, nor have I claimed to be. You have.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You all need to ride more and post less.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I agree with the Poster who says more Lurkers always post, and share, when not worrying about being called out by some “Expert” and called an inexperienced Newbie as you called me out years ago when I said I was an “ experienced Spyder Rider” because I had 28,000 miles on my Spyder and you challenged my Neubie experience. I went silent and decided I never had enough experience to contribute, as many most likely do after they see you ankle bite others here.
    Exactly my point, and it is unfortunate that it is allowed.

Another issue that hinders a forum success is when big time posters jump on someone because the topic has been discussed so many times.... "Just do a search!" Bigtime posters forget that it is easy for them to make any post! Newer members are treading carefully when making posts, and when they get the door slammed on them, they go away.

And another is when topics continually get derailed..... well, um...... just like this one!
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I'm just trying to get my post count up. Not even to 1000 yet...

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE TRUTH IS DIFFERENT THAN THIS RANT

Hi Mike,....I was going to let this go, but just woke up needing to take a Whiz which reminded me of the Pressure on my bladder while laying on my belley, which reminded me of our pissing contests about tire pressures. . So, after taking care of business, I decided to contribute a little more entertainment to bored Members by asking you, “Would you please post a Copy of either your Certification Certificate, or License, or Degree, or even a photo of your School or Institution where you were trained to be a Court Witness in Vehicle Accidents, and if you can’t , or lost them, would you post the Names of the Court Cases you were a Prime Witness in, with approximate locations, dates, etc., and results of the cases? Thanks in advance, because that would give me much more respect and trust in your expert advice about just about every advice you posted in the past. As for Bullying, I don’t never do that, or try not to, but I do call Bullys out to try and help them with egos when The Good Lord puts them in my Cross Hairs. I agree with the Poster who says more Lurkers always post, and share, when not worrying about being called out by some “Expert” and called an inexperienced Newbie as you called me out years ago when I said I was an “ experienced Spyder Rider” because I had 28,000 miles on my Spyder and you challenged my Neubie experience. I went silent and decided I never had enough experience to contribute, as many most likely do after they see you ankle bite others here . You might notice my small number of posts here, as comparted to other “ Experts.” In case you take my friendly questions negatively, and need a little Spiritual Counseling to deflate your Ego, along with your deflated tires, here is the Link to my Spiritual Blog, where I discuss more important topics than Tire Pressures, and I Do have Credentials to back up my Thunder. I am a retired Clergy Member with Seminary earned Degrees of B.Min., M.Min. And Th.D. Graduated in 1984 from International Seminary. As an Ex Pastor, I may not be an Expert on Tire Inflations, but I’ll hold my own on Ego Inflations.
    I have written as either “ Eternal Flame” or “ Marked Elect” on my Blog. You are invited to browse there, and I promise, never to call you out as a Newbie if you post there or ask a question.
    http://eternaloasisofsouls.blogspot.com/
    I'm not talented enough to move old posts to use as a reference ...... But if you want to know the truth - go to this old thread " New front tires -Potenza " ( it's currently on the board now ) by C3517C on 11-16 ....2015 I'm the last poster ....You can decide for yourself if 007james is being truthful or not.............Thank you Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm not talented enough to move old posts to use as a reference ...... But if you want to know the truth - go to this old thread " New front tires -Potenza " ( it's currently on the board now ) by C3517C on 11-16 ....2015 I'm the last poster ....You can decide for yourself if 007james is being truthful or not.............Thank you Mike
    It's here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hlight=potenza

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    A VERY accurate and sensitive BS detector.

Developed since the days of dialup modems and "bulletin board systems"........before "the internet" even existed.

Puffed up ego's existed then just as much as now........they are just more visible lately.
    I surmise you are referring to yourself also?
    gluestick.jpg

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

+1
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

So what did C3517C ever decide was the rite air for him in his front tires?
    No comments on rite or wrong, Just the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post

Spyder Garage

Default So the Question is ?

What did you decide to run you rear Tire at for best handling and best ride for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaudog View Post
    Boy I can't wait until I buy my front tires and post about that. It will probably result in drive by shootings

Spyder Garage

Default Your 2 cents is important.

So How is the 18 to 20 psi working out for your best handling and best ride?

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    OK, let's get back to the original topic of this thread. Here's pic of my General Altimax when I replaced it after about 17k+ miles running at 24 - 25 psi. I rode solo at least half the time, 200+ lbs., with no extra load and with the trunk and saddlebags filled and a large bag on the back seat with maybe 80+ lbs. for about 1/2 the time.

I'm running a Cooper CS5 Grand Touring now. Not enough miles on it yet to make a judgment about wear. I'm running it at around 18-20 psi.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wingit3611 View Post
    So How is the 18 to 20 psi working out for your best handling and best ride?
    I haven't ridden much this summer, almost 2500 miles, but so far I have noticed zero handling problems. I just checked the pressure and it's 17 psi. Tread depth is within 0.009 inches across all four grooves, which I think is within measurement accuracy using a caliper. According to my check I've worn off 0.054 in of tread, which is about 20% of the new tire depth. I'll check the tread depth after a few thousand more miles and see how it's going. I've read that the first few hundred or thousand miles will shed rubber faster than later miles.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I was debating whether I should go riding tomorrow until I saw this post. I’ll take it as a sign, guess I’m just going to go look for colors starting to change in the Hills.... best advice to start off a new week...
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    "Getting nasty or rude...."

LOL!!!

Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Glad to know winter is coming and much of this will be put away until spring...
    Last edited by PMK; 09-04-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Aunt Bethany can hear the lock closing...this one is in the crosshairs of all locked up.

Last edited by PMK; 09-04-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

My tire's bigger than your tire!
    My tire's bigger than yours!
    My tire's full of cherry jello (the equivalent of 18PSI)!
    My tire's bigger than yours!

Damn! take a few days off and the thread goes to ****!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Jeez you guys need to get a life. Somebody pull this monotonous thread before some one goes over the edge and shoots there Spyder right in the tire no

less. Some just don't know when to back off or that they can't be right all the time. Some make a statement and others take the bait.

What's right to me may not be right to you. What's wrong to you may be right for me. If you don't understand this then you will spend the rest of your

life debating and making a nuisance of yourself to society and those of us trying to enjoy the forum.

If you know anything about the human mind and behavior it is always the person who is insecure that always tries to be right or correct because he

doubts himself. Think about that for a while. Can you think of anyone here like that?

Dr. Jack

Where is that "beating a dead horse" emoji when you need it?
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Here you go....

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Jeez you guys need to get a life. Somebody pull this monotonous thread before some one goes over the edge and shoots there Spyder right in the tire no

less. Some just don't know when to back off or that they can't be right all the time. Some make a statement and others take the bait.

What's right to me may not be right to you. What's wrong to you may be right for me. If you don't understand this then you will spend the rest of your

life debating and making a nuisance of yourself to society and those of us trying to enjoy the forum.

If you know anything about the human mind and behavior it is always the person who is insecure that always tries to be right or correct because he

doubts himself. Think about that for a while. Can you think of anyone here like that?

Dr. Jack

Where is that "beating a dead horse" emoji when you need it?

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Richardv View Post
    Animal cruelty is not politically correct, so the topic will be locked away due to politics