Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess that we're officially "Off the Rails" now!

trainwreck.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Give it a rest - What I find so interesting is how much YOU go on and on about diversity of opinions etc. and how you've been personally attacked for YOUR views ( this is a LIE ) YOU feel YOUR freedoms are being violated ...... But then YOU don't respect the rights of others here to have a differing view. YOU believe YOUR rights are the only ones that matter. Todd if you think others on this Forum don't/can't see You for the Hypocrite that YOU are ..... I TRUELY feel sorry for you. Sad so sad ........If EVERYONE can't have the SAME rights than NO one is going to have any rights...................Mike

LOL. Not once have I stated that lowered tire pressures are bad, but when I've stated that I've found differently for my own riding style and desires, I get your vitriol from YOU, nobody else. ANYONE that has read this forum for the last year knows this. They just ain't sayin' it.

My "rights?" Huh? I've just pointed out that there is no science regarding car tires on motorcycles, and nobody (including ex-LEO's) knows the range of safety for tire pressures. When I've posted proclamations from respected and government agencies regarding underinflated tire pressures, that gets thrown out.

I literally can't stop laughing about this.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    My "rights?" Huh? I've just pointed out that there is no science regarding car tires on motorcycles, and nobody (including ex-LEO's) knows the range of safety for tire pressures.
    You are conflating two issues: tire and rim compatibility, and tire pressures.
    Car tires on motorcycles wheels is probably not the best idea... The Dark-Siders can flame me for saying that!
    But since the Spyder uses automotive style wheels: it's not a problem...

Feel free to go back to fighting over tire pressures now...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You are conflating two issues: tire and rim compatibility, and tire pressures.
    Car tires on motorcycles wheels is probably not the best idea... The Dark-Siders can flame me for saying that!
    But since the Spyder uses automotive style wheels: it's not a problem...

Feel free to go back to fighting over tire pressures now...
    I see what you're saying. I was being too simplistic. Let me clarify: there is no science for car tires on motorcycles that also use car beaded rims. Better?
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default TIRES

Just to get back on track, I received my General Altimax tire yesterday from Discount Tire Direct. Size is 215/60/R15. Looking forward to having it mounted as soon as my Michelin Hydroedge wears out! I use 20 psi and am very happy.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

And... just like in the thread that was shut down, I will apologize for being a part of this tire pressure issue. I know that people are tired of it. Oh my gosh... me too. So, sorry about that. No moderator made me say this. I just know it is exhausting and going no where.

I'm still riding my Spyder the way I like it at 26 psi up front and 28 on the back for my Yokohamas. I've done my due diligence to discover this with these particular tires.

Done.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

The pressure of this thread gave me a pain in the tire gauge.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I see what you're saying. I was being too simplistic. Let me clarify: there is no science for car tires on motorcycles that also use car beaded rims. Better?

But remember:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I shouldn't complain when someone is personally attacking me? See the post above yours. On the thread that was just shut down, he literally compared his knowledge base as to what Einstein's level of knowledge was to the theory of relativity. So, we should just do what he says. That there is just too much knowledge that he's accumulated and that we weren't smart enough to even comprehend it. Seriously?

He challenged me with his "sanctioned drag race" big win months ago. I responded that I'd race him.

He asserts that claims of higher tire pressures are "butt science," (who talks like this??) yet he has no science to prove that lower pressures are better, nor does he even know what a safe RANGE of tire pressures are. Because there is no science for car tires on motorcycles.

Yet, he can rant and ridicule, but I'm not allowed to call him on it? I shouldn't say anything because the groupthink here is that low pressure is the best, and you will be ridiculed if you say otherwise for what your OWN personal experiences are? Is that the flavor here?

Do you also know that he made disparaging remarks on a Four Sale item that I had up? Lamont had to delete it. He even apologized to me that crap like that happens here, and something else that I will not say publicly. You ask that the forum administration has given me any official warning? Seriously? You think he should not be toned down, or "chilled out?"
    If one of you can take the high road, there's less chance of a collision.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I'm well aware your intelligence level is off the charts ..... so how come you haven't figured out that I don't care what psi's you are using. If you told us that you were going to go with 40 -50 -60 psi, I wouldn't try to deter you from doing so ..... My concern is the Newbie's on this Forum who are seeking advice on what they should be using for Tires and/or tire pressures.........It's really that simple ............ You and Easy Rider and tehrlic are always asking me to PROVE what I say is true ... ( the fact that I was a Court certified expert seems to have no meaning for any of you ) How about you Naysayers produce some PROOF that " over-inflating " car tires ( based on the weight of the vehicle )for use on a Spyder is better ????? ....... I'll await that info ....... Mike
    With some regularity you refer to having received specialized training as a former law enforcement officer, and as having testified in Court as an expert. How about posting your CV, and providing the particulars with respect to your expert testimony (jurisdiction; scope of testimony; number of times, dates, and so forth)?
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    If one of you can take the high road, there's less chance of a collision.
    OK.

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I shouldn't complain when someone is personally attacking me?
    What is that old saying.......You should never wrestle with a pig. He will just pull you down into the mud and beat you with experience.

You are LETTING him get to you and you are lowering yourself to his level.

You are better than this.
    Let him rant on. It only makes HIM look bad.

Let Lamont care for it when necessary.
    I'm pretty sure he tries; there is some evidence.

Spyder Garage

Default Re tire pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Beaudog View Post
    The rear tire on my ST limited had bare spots at 7000 miles. The local shop Sierra Cycles Sieraa Vista Az keeps the General Altimax in stock and will mount them so I went that way.

The first ride with the Altimax the bike felt squirrely and was reacting to small road variations. cracks, tar strips and crown. I checked the pressure and the shop had aired it to 28 psi. I dropped it down to 24 for the next ride and all was back to normal. So the tire definitely needs to be run at lower pressure than BRM recommends for the Kenda. I will probably try 22 for the next ride.

Once the pressure was down I realy could not tell any difference in ride than the Kenda but hopefully it will go more than 7000 miles.

The Altimax did take 1 mph error out o the speedometer. The Kenda always had the speed 2 mph fast compared to my gps. The General moved that to 1 mph difference.
    Drop rear tire pressure to 18lbs I am running the same tire it will ride and handle much better

Spyder Garage

Default Re tire guage

Quote Originally Posted by Beaudog View Post
    OK I dropped it 20 today probably will not ride again untill Tuesday. One of the problems about arguing about tire pressure at these pressures is gauge accuracy. Is my gauge reading the same as yours? if not how off are we? I got at least 4 gauges and don't think any of then read the same.

I am currently using a TireTek that is supposed to be +/- 2% but who knows. Like this.
    Go to a tire shop and compare your guage with theirs

Spyder Garage

Default Re tire pressure

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    Usually you get a warning about new tires especially on a motorcycle to take it easy until the "release agents from the tread molds" get wore off and you can get rubber to the road.

Lower tire pressures would allow the tire to warm up and probably hasten this scrub in time.

Glad to hear about another dealer that is offering choices of tires. Currently the wifes F3T has almost 22,000 on her last General running 23 psi and ready for another one.

My 15 RT only has about 10,000 on its General RT43 running 28 psi and both tires seem to have even wear, although I haven't measured them to TeninoSpyders detail
    Actually when tires warm up it will be over 30lbs I have the same tire drop it to 18lbs you will be much happier

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    And some of us continue to "correct" your blanket statement by saying that all "car tires" are not identical and that they ALL may not actually conform to your assessment of what is the ideal.

And we also say: Every vehicle and tire maker in the world cautions against running pressures that are too low. So.....if you want to do that, you should weigh the load on the tire and contact the tire maker for recommendations for that particular model.

If and when you provide information indicating that you have actually done that, maybe your information will be a bit more useful.
    Without that, your posts are just another self-appointed Internet expert giving out one man's opinion.
    I see your not a fan of Mike's too bad

Spyder Garage

Default Tread depth

Quote Originally Posted by Freewheeler View Post
    I run Altimax on the rear at 25 lbs and now have approx. 21,000 and the tread looks like new. I run Continental Contipros on the front at 20 lbs and now have approx. 21,000 and the tread looks like new. I should get at least another 21,000 on both the rear and fronts. (These tires were put on both my wife's 2015 RT LTD and my 2013 ST LTD at the same time by myself with pretty much the same mileage -- we do most riding together, as on two bikes). Ride safely everyone!
    What is the tread depth on rear tire I believe the General IS 11/32 when new

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PROOF OF EXPERTISE

Quote Originally Posted by MEP View Post
    With some regularity you refer to having received specialized training as a former law enforcement officer, and as having testified in Court as an expert. How about posting your CV, and providing the particulars with respect to your expert testimony (jurisdiction; scope of testimony; number of times, dates, and so forth)?
    Yes I could take the time to gather all this info, but then I asked myself why bother it would be rejected ( and very loudly by a certain cadre of BK haters ) ..... I also asked myself have I EVER seen anyone question say " Billy Bovine " why haven't you proven that your so smart ( I do think He is )...... He has NEVER stated He is an Expert at anything ....So why isn't He questioned ???? .......... Put what ever pressure you want in your tires, if you like it and it makes you happy just do it ( I know what can happen to your Spyder - you may discover it also )........ I have a question for you - What are your credentials that you feel qualifies you to Question mine ?????........your welcome ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-31-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

........ I have a question for you - What are your credentials that you feel qualifies you to Question mine ?????.......
    A VERY accurate and sensitive BS detector.

Developed since the days of dialup modems and "bulletin board systems"........before "the internet" even existed.

Puffed up ego's existed then just as much as now........they are just more visible lately.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Developed since the days of dialup modems and "bulletin board systems"........before "the internet" even existed.

Puffed up ego's existed then just as much as now........they are just more visible lately.
    Come on guys. This public pissing match just demeans all those who participate and doesn't add anything except maybe entertainment value for those few that enjoy watching cockfights.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default RUDE

It's this type of rhetoric that gets THREADS pulled !!!!!................Mike

Spyder Garage

Yes I could take the time to gather all this info, but then I asked myself why bother it would be rejected ( and very loudly by a certain cadre of BK haters ) ..... I also asked myself have I EVER seen anyone question say " Billy Bovine " why haven't you proven that your so smart ( I do think He is )...... He has NEVER stated He is an Expert at anything ....So why isn't He questioned ???? .......... Put what ever pressure you want in your tires, if you like it and it makes you happy just do it ( I know what can happen to your Spyder - you may discover it also )........ I have a question for you - What are your credentials that you feel qualifies you to Question mine ?????........your welcome ..... Mike
    BK, you might be a real nice Guy, in person, but you glow like a Light as the Spyderlovers.com Forum Bully. Why? Do you get pickd on by people on the streets in your neighborhood and retaliate by challenging Forum members who just like to share Spyder experiences? As for Tire pressures, and Credentials, every body has Credentials of sorts, or we would never had bought Spyders or ridden Motorcycles. I, like many here, had ridden 2 Wheelers for 40+ years before ever buying a Spyder. My Harley Heritage weighs 800 plus lbs., and I ride one up, and Harley calls for 36 psi. Front & rear in my tires. Imagine if I took your low inflation advice for my Harley! Your Drag track experiences using underflated tire pressures on tne rear is a no brainer, for any of us who have dragged raced, but street and tracks are two different animals. Now if Credentials are more Scientific than Butt and feeling experience, then if I throw in my Tire Sealent experience, and flash my Credentials of having a Tire Sealent Manufacturing Company in my family for 40 plus years, that could start an entire new Thread on how tires react to various conditions on the streets, tracks, off road, desert, etc.,....but I won’t, because no doubt, you would counter every comment and end up critiquing Tire Sealents as you do with tire pressures and just about every other comment. But, as I seem to remember, you were also the ROLO Laser Alignment Guru, early on.
    here is my Family’s Tire Sealent Web Site. But PLEASE don’t ask for Spyder Tire Sealant information, unless you want to become a Dealer, then call them direct, and ask for Liz the Founder. and Owner, who is my Aunt. Peace,
    http://ultraseal.com/
    Last edited by 007james; 09-01-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default BULLYING !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 007james View Post
    BK, you might be a real nice Guy, in person, but you glow like a Light as the Spyderlovers.com Forum Bully. Why? Do you get pickd on by people on the streets in your neighborhood and retaliate by challenging Forum members who just like to share Spyder experiences? As for Tire pressures, and Credentials, every body has Credentials of sorts, or we would never had bought Spyders or ridden Motorcycles. I, like many here, had ridden 2 Wheelers for 40+ years before ever buying a Spyder. My Harley Heritage weighs 800 plus lbs., and I ride one up, and Harley calls for 36 psi. Front & rear in my tires. Imagine if I took your low inflation advice for my Harley! Your Drag track experiences using underflated tire pressures on tne rear is a no brainer, for any of us who have dragged raced, but street and tracks are two different animals. Now if Credentials are more Scientific than Butt and feeling experience, then if I throw in my Tire Sealent experience, and flash my Credentials of having a Tire Sealent Manufacturing Company in my family for 40 plus years, that could start an entire new Thread on how tires react to various conditions on the streets, tracks, off road, desert, etc.,....but I won’t, because no doubt, you would counter every comment and end up critiquing Tire Sealents as you do with tire pressures and just about every other comment. But, as I seem to remember, you were also the ROLO Laser Alignment Guru, early on.
    here is my Family’s Tire Sealent Web Site. But PLEASE don’t ask for Spyder Tire Sealant information, unless you want to become a Dealer, then call them direct, and ask for Liz the Founder. and Owner, who is my Aunt. Peace,
    http://ultraseal.com/
    007james ... In my reply to MEP - He requested verifying info, I replied WHY I wasn't going to be able to provide that info. I didn't use any offensive or ATTACK type language ...How you decided there was Bullying in my reply I can't even begin to imagine.... When you claim someone said or advocated something on this Forum .... you should double and triple check your " FACTS " .... I have " NEVER " said someone should use LOWER tire pressures in GENUINE MOTORCYCLE TIRES ON TWO WHEEL Mtc's - NEVER ( please look for it, and I will send you $1000.00 after you post it here )..... your statement that I was the " ROLO Laser Alignment GURU " , sorry but you thought that one up all by yourself...... I did do research on the ROLO system, and I believe in it ( as does SpyderAnn and many, many others ) I have also stated having correct alignment is Key to getting the best wear possible out of the front tires ( even the crappy Kenda's ) ......So in the future Please get your facts straight before going on a typing tirade of mis-information. I have a question for you - Since I was certified by a Court system ( criminal & civil ) as qualified to give EXPERT Testimony on subjects that included TIRES. Do you think that classification is given out to anyone who has an opinion, not based on any training/schooling etc....Do you think Trial Lawyers get there Expert Witnesses by asking passersby if they'd like come into the Courthouse and give Expert testimony....Is that how you think it works?? .... I think your post about this is a kind of " Bullying " .... But I'm sure you aren't going to agree with that ........ Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pissing Matches get Everybody wet: not just the idiots standing in the middle of the puddle!
    Lay off Guys!
    Agree to disagree!
    The Other idiot; is too dumb to believe you!

Move on!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Come on guys. This public pissing match just demeans all those who participate and doesn't add anything except maybe entertainment value for those few that enjoy watching cockfights.
    Absolutely right.
    Sorry.
    Honestly.