Thread: BRAKE PEDAL

Spyder Garage

Default BRAKE PEDAL

Looking to but a 2014 Can Am Spyder ST Limited . Very clean low miles. My question is its for my wife and for her to reach the brake pedal her shin hits the lower fairing. Is there a brake peal relocation kit or can you get rid of the lower fairing on that side.
    Jim

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BRAKE EXTENSION

Quote Originally Posted by poppajim View Post
    Looking to but a 2014 Can Am Spyder ST Limited . Very clean low miles. My question is its for my wife and for her to reach the brake pedal her shin hits the lower fairing. Is there a brake peal relocation kit or can you get rid of the lower fairing on that side.
    Jim
    Back a couple of years ago, one of the members here , Laura aka, " beadaholic " had the same or similar issue. She had very small feet ( size #2 ) and the only Brake pedal Mod she could find was one that was WIDER ..... So I made Her one that was EXTENDED toward Her foot .....She loves it ( and me for making it ) ...... sorry I don't have pics, but I'll bet Laura could provide them, if it isn't already on Her Mods page ........ Mike .......Well I got curious and went searching ....She posted pics on Her " Laura'sMods - let the Farkling begin " .... use advanced search - " beadaholic " - on the second page scroll down a few and it's there ....... the reason it looks Odd, is because I dimpled the sheet metal with a large nail before I shaped it .... WHY ??? ....because She told me Her boots had LEATHER soles and I knew that would be slippery in the rain .. so I made the " cheese grater " cover ..............................M
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-16-2018 at 06:21 PM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Re locat brake on RS, ST, GS

Hi Dave here, is this what you are looking for ?
    complete .jpgThis moves your foot beake forward and out as you can see, it does require some tools
    to do it if you call me I will send you photos on how to install it along with price of parts.
    Rice Safe
    Dave
    209-887-3283

Quote Originally Posted by poppajim View Post
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Here's the link to Mike's pedal extension...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ard!-Wonderful!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black