Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by viperryder View Post
    Here is just another idea. Why not move the wheels inboard? This will allow you to have more room inside by making the camper wider. Also, give you a little storage room in front of and behind the wheel wells. Just another idea. Good luck.
    A wider width is actually being considered, but since its only for me, it might remain at 48".
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I have some coroplast for my sign making, but I dont like it for the camper. This will be a "foamy". Look it up on youtube. Light and strong.

I will also have a SUV tent that will attach to the back for an added room when at campsites. Yes it will have a TV, A/C, and a 2000k generator, water hookup, outside shower and portable toilet in a separate popup tent. I might not need the A/C and generator and that will save a lot of weight. The generator only weighs 52# but not sure I really need it. A battery and solar should be enough. Depends which weighs less.

I left my 2K generator dome because of weight issues and got an 100 0watt sine wave inverter to use for 110V at night running off my battery. I use a solar panel to charge the battery along with a battery charger if at a camp site with power.

Spyder Garage

Many of you remember my previous camper design(shown in first photo). Now I have a new design that I will build in the spring. I built a scale model to test the concept. It will be built on an aluminum 4x8 trailer, have foam and wood walls, and be able to pop up so I can stand inside(approx 6 ft interior). Total weight is expected to be around 300#. Interior design has not been determined at this time. I realize the first criticism will be the roof vent. It has to face that way to shed water when in the pop-up position. It will not catch the wind and rip off when closed for travel, but the final design may differ anyway. In fact, I am thinking about putting the roof vent the other way so I can vent it during travel. Any suggestions are welcomed.
    looks very nice. I'd put a sliding window with a screen in the front to let air circulate through it while traveling. If that will work or not. As long as it's not raining

Spyder Garage

Outstanding! It's wonderful to see creative DIY concepts like this. Please keep us informed.
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

not trying to steal your thread just showing the one i built first trip was 6000 kms
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default you didn't mention

what about brakes and air conditioning?
    2018 F3s , Gold

Spyder Garage

For a toilet you can use a homer bucket, kitchen trash bag and some para cord to hold the trash bag in place. After using, remove trash bag and tie a knot in the top and discard. When traveling, use the bucket pre-prepped for storage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I dont need brakes. Trailer camper will be light. I have a small air conditioner and might make a removable panel so it can be used on short trips, but it weighs 40 lbs, so I doubt I will use it very often.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Joel, check out this personal AC unit

I dont need brakes. Trailer camper will be light. I have a small air conditioner and might make a removable panel so it can be used on short trips, but it weighs 40 lbs, so I doubt I will use it very often.

This $89 Magic AC Is The
    Most Incredible Invention

Spyder Garage

Can you list some information about the trailer frame? Brand and where to get one?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The aluminum trailer will be from Northern Tools. It is IronTon branded and costs around $650.

I am waiting for their sale when its $599 or they give a gift certificate with a certain purchase amount.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have looked at several of those and watched the Youtube videos. They all have bad reviews and dont cool the air much.

I did find this though - https://youtu.be/7AZecMKOkMk
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 08-24-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Spyder Garage

I found this information to be interesting on some trailer mods.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRWgUfegqUs

Spyder Garage

It’s says that Iron Ton trailers are steel frame and Ultra Tow trailers are aluminum frame.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on where to seek a trailer frame.

Spyder Garage

Interesting read from a year ago. I'm curious on this turned out. Seems like a very good idea to me.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Looks like a fun project, I may build a Pico Lite this winter if I have time. If you go with a aluminium frame make sure you have the tongue strong enough. We have a aluminium frame for our dog trailer and the tongue started to crack after about 10,000 miles and it only weighs 250 lbs.
    I know this is old, but someone revived it.

Could the cracking be caused from being connected to a hitch that is non-sprung. Leaves the tongue to do a lot of hard bouncing.

Regards,

Don
    2017 F3T , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Joel:

A company called SafariCondo makes a car sized version of the a folding trailer called the ALTO you might get some pointers from. It is a inverted from your design in so much that the inner portion goes up and down. I like your version more.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhard View Post
    Joel:

A company called SafariCondo makes a car sized version of the a folding trailer called the ALTO you might get some pointers from. It is a inverted from your design in so much that the inner portion goes up and down. I like your version more.
    At 1800# it would have to be scaled down 5:1 to pull with the Spyder https://safaricondo.com/en/caravanes-alto/
    2014 RTL Platinum