Spyder Garage

Question Rear Fender Height

I installed new Elka Shocks but did not measure correctly, the height of the rear fender at it's lowest ' point '. IF any one has a measurement and at what suspension setting, I use the middle bar, it would be appreciated. TIA. Is it possible to put too much preload, causing the compressor not to run, or do I have other issues? I think the compressor is trying to run, I hear is a " click" every few seconds but haven't had time to check it out fully and SyyderQuest is coming soon. I did disconnect the sensor prior to removing the shock, and the compressor did operate normally for about a week, but I added a few turns spring preload and now it doesn't run.

Spyder Garage

SOLVED. Re-installed original shock and measured. The ELKA was adjusted too high and that fools the compressor into not working. Reinstalled and readjusted the ELKA to stock height and all is good. Stock height with no air in the bag was 13 1/2' on mine.

Spyder Garage

Default Just my measurements

Quote Originally Posted by CBXBob View Post
    SOLVED. Re-installed original shock and measured. The ELKA was adjusted too high and that fools the compressor into not working. Reinstalled and readjusted the ELKA to stock height and all is good. Stock height with no air in the bag was 13 1/2' on mine.
    On our 2014 RTL, where the compressor has now been replaced twice, I gave up and use the fill port under the seat. Be that as it may......I put 70 PSI in the bag and measurement from floor to the bottom of the fender at it's center point I measure +/- 16". When I had checked it before with only 50 PSI in it, I was seeing +/- 14.5". As I recall from the replacements, the lowest to highest settings if done by the book, give a total range of about 2" height, measured along the body right side just in front of the floor foot rest on an RTL. This shows in the service manual also under "setting the height adjustment in BUDDS (if necessary). Just FYI from me. Hope this helps.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.