Spyder Garage

Default New Front Tires For The F3

It was time for new tires for the front of my F3 as the OEM's had 31,000 on them. I chose to try

Quatrac 5 - Size: 175/55R15

I ordered them from Tire Rack and it took them 4 days to get them in. I could of had them shipped to me for free, but they offered a $20 discount if I picked them up.
    I then took them to a local tire shop to have them installed. The shop dropped one of the wheels and it landed on it's face scratching every spoke. They asked me to give them 3 days to procure a new wheel. Since we were flying to DC the next day for a 5 day vacation that was not a problem. Picked up the new wheel and tire yesterday.

I had them balance the tires and each took three weights as opposed to the OEM which had 12 on one side and 7 on the other. There was no dot on the tires to show where the valve stem should line up so I wanted them balanced.

Only was able to put a few miles on them, but they feel great and now my F3 is so much smoother. I thought I need a belt tensioner due to the vibration, but now I feel it's not needed.

I will follow up with a report on how they perform after I can put more miles (with wet roads also) on them.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE - VREDESTEIN TIRE

A couple months back I discovered this Brand of tire and have been recommending it .... So I feel my reputation is sort on the line here ..... I'm glad you like it ( and so have the others who have & mimicked your review ) and hope you and the others that have bought it continue to keep us posted .... What PSI are you running in them ?????? ...........Thanks ....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    A couple months back I discovered this Brand of tire and have been recommending it .... So I feel my reputation is sort on the line here ..... I'm glad you like it ( and so have the others who have & mimicked your review ) and hope you and the others that have bought it continue to keep us posted .... What PSI are you running in them ?????? ...........Thanks ....Mike
    Hi Mike,

It was your post that got me to try them. I have 18# in each, and may go lower once I have the feel of them down.
    I think they may grip the road better, but until I get more miles on them I did not push them too hard.

Les

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Mike hasn't steered anyone wrong. He knows tires! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default 18 psi

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Hi Mike,

It was your post that got me to try them. I have 18# in each, and may go lower once I have the feel of them down.
    I think they may grip the road better, but until I get more miles on them I did not push them too hard.

Les
    Hi Les ..... on your choice. Your choice of 18psi is also your decision .... I have the Altimax on for my front tires ( they were a tight fit )..... I am using 15 psi and love the comfort and traction they provide .... The Nanny does complain about how fast I can go in a turn, but I can live with it. She doesn't complain too loudly ( No -shut down ) but She will flash me occasionally .....keep us posted ............. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default VREDESTEIN TIRE CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Mike hasn't steered anyone wrong. He knows tires! Tom
    This brand isn't very well marketed ( too bad because they have sizes for the 14 inch wheels also ) ....Glad the Netzley's found you some, they are a Great family operation ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon Swaybar

If you do not already have one, strongly recommend getting one. It improves front end stability significantly. Along with your tires it should be awesome.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

We have sold and installed quite a number of sets of the Yokohama front (and rear) tires for the Spyder. Use them on our own bikes and continue to be amazed at the smooth controlled ride, great balance and traction.

Great, high quality, top tier, name brand tires made in USA. Your Spyder is worth the few bucks more for them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    We have sold and installed quite a number of sets of the Yokohama front (and rear) tires for the Spyder. Use them on our own bikes and continue to be amazed at the smooth controlled ride, great balance and traction.

Great, high quality, top tier, name brand tires made in USA. Your Spyder is worth the few bucks more for them.
    I am running the S-drive in the rear. Handing is great and I'am impressed with the wet handing, I have about 7,000 on them and looks like another 7,000 left.
    If these Vredestien's continue to ride and handle as they do now I may try one on the rear as these have transformed my ride into a better handling then the S-drive alone did.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue