Spyder Garage

Default Brake change procedeure

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhard View Post
    BLUEKNIGHT911

Did you use a Mighty Vac or other device to assist in the draining,

or

was it open the valve and let it run out

or

was it a pump up the pressure on the pedal, hold, and open the bleeder?

Thanks
    I it the way I learned years and years ago from a mechanic..... NO VAC, or other device …..just gravity and the pump & hold - close valve - release - repeatedly under it runs clear….. You do NEED another person or it will take 4 times as long..... for the Spyder I started with the left front, then right front , then rear …… good luck.... I'm positive there are numerous vids on U-tube on how this method is done ……..Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-17-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

Well I did the back brake by the open and close method. But as soon as I opened it it came out like a gush. So that was good. But haven’t done the front. Then I looked at the current brakes and as you see they look good. Only reason I haven’t done the front is because I need to take the wheels off. Which seems easy yes. BUT I have hub LED light in the wheel. And they are just stuck on there. So need to see what tool I can use to twist those off without breaking them

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stridersr7 View Post
    How much did that cost you?
    ZERO$$$ was warranty Sorry for late answer

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

So I'm guessing this was never resolved?

I've been busy since 2016, 4 floods into my home (which isn't in a Flood Hazard, according to FEMA). Long story, but riding my 2012 RS just hasn't been a priority. Gave up on the house just "camping" in it now can't fix it fast enough to beat the next flood.... anyways, trying to get my Spyder inspected and new tags but dealing with Brake Failure message and like OP it's not the brake fluid level nor the brake pads and is occurring just shortly after starting the engine without me ever pressing the brake pedal or even sitting on the bike yet. How can it know how much pressure is in the system when the brake pedal hasn't even been pressed yet?

And my brakes, well they seem to work as well as ever the pedal is firm I cannot press it down to the 2nd click even when standing on it and the ABS works great on my dirt driveway (it's not dirt dirt, there's grass over it just hard packed ground under). I've removed my sensors beneath the brake fluid reservoir and it made no difference so I think i can say the fluid level isn't the problem Fluid has been DOT 4 from the start I believe that's what factory put in the 2012 models it's what the manual calls for. So... I'm stumped, can't get it inspected so cannot buy the ridiculously expensive license tags for it so it's a giant paperweight sitting under my car port.... lol!

Seriously to take it to a dealership I'd have to ride or or rent a trailer so I could then leave it there then get somebody to take me back or rent a trailer again just to go back and get it... it's the hassle as much as the cost to deal with a dealership I tell you. :-\

My pickup truck with almost 300K miles on it has never had a brake fluid change and never had a brake warning or code thrown.... why these Spyder's are so touchy about their brakes I will never know! And for like under $25 I have an ODB-II wireless dongle for my truck that lets me read the codes and all sensors and clear any fault codes logged... CanAm could stand to learn a thing or two from GM! Just saying!

- Michael