Spyder Garage

Default 1up Top Case Only

Just thought I would share some pics & info of my latest add-on. This is for the people who never ride 2up & want extra cargo. I never liked any of the other style brackets that put the top case way far back pass the rear tire. I guess if you need the room & ride 2up, you have to do, what you have to do. But in this case (no pun attended) I wanted the Shad SH39 top case. I had a rear bag that was tied down to the rear seat but wanted something secured to the bike & lockable. The Shad SH39 matches the can-am saddlebags (which Shad makes) really well. The mounting bracket if from the F3-P version. Just had to drill a couple new holes for the case mounting plate & a trip to Lowes for some upgraded nuts & bolt & it was done. Thanks to my riding buddy RussDog for the case.
    IMG_1786.jpgIMG_1788.jpgIMG_1787.jpg
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Default Free Shad case

Tell your friend Russ I would like a free Shad SH48 case - I can pay the shipping if that helps.

Thanks.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

NICE! This is exactly what I had planned once I get well enough to ryde a distance that would require luggage. I don't need much and the saddle bags never really went over well with me. Which luggage rack is that exactly? Don't understand what F3-P version means.... I wonder if it will clear my rear cowl or if I would have to remove it when using the top case.... I ryde solo primarily but would not keep the case on unless I was going on a trip. Is it easy to convert (remove/install)?

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

The F3-P is the police version. Google it & check it out. Part # for the bracket is 705010370. The rear of the bracket underneath just touches the top of my stock passenger seat. So if your cowl is higher than the stock seat it will probably hit it. Also the bracket is something you wouldn’t want to be taking on & off a lot. I had to remove the grab bars also because of the mounting brackets for the saddlebags.
    Last edited by JS3535; 08-04-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    The F3-P is the police version. Google it & check it out. Part # for the bracket is 705010370. The rear of the bracket underneath just touches the top of my stock passenger seat. So if your cowl is higher than the stock seat it will probably hit it. Also the bracket is something you wouldn’t want to be taking on & off a lot. I had to remove the grab bars also because of the mounting brackets for the saddlebags.
    Thanks for the info! Sounds perfect for my needs. I'm not a long distance fan and would only be installing the bracket/case if/when taking a trip. So on and off for me sounds like no big deal.

I am slowly working up to a trip to visit a friend of mine at his business in Tracy. Maybe we could meet up there and I can see your setup in person....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Very Nice....

Well done...looks great and looks like a lot of room for storage...congrats..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Looks good.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Check the web and her is another solo rack available.
    SpYderman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    Check the web and her is another solo rack available.
    Smoothspyder makes one but it’s over $500, no thanks. I knew the one I got would fit & work because it’s an OEM part for a F3.

Spyder Garage

Excellent, thanks for sharing. Had thought about doing exactly the same on mine to replace my Oxford dry bag which is strapped to the passenger seat. I had wondered if it would fit with my shad bags but you've answered that question too.

A previous thread suggested it was hard to get hold of the F3-P bracket so good to see it can be obtained.

I guess you can't get at under the passenger seat though? I usually keep emergency cash and a few tools under there.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Excellent, thanks for sharing. Had thought about doing exactly the same on mine to replace my Oxford dry bag which is strapped to the passenger seat. I had wondered if it would fit with my shad bags but you've answered that question too.

A previous thread suggested it was hard to get hold of the F3-P bracket so good to see it can be obtained.

I guess you can't get at under the passenger seat though? I usually keep emergency cash and a few tools under there.
    Order the bracket from my stealer, total cost was $110. And yes there is no way you get the passenger seat out without removing the bracket. I thought about trying to modify the bracket to either make it pivot or quick attach somehow, I’ll let you know if I come up with anything.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    Order the bracket from my stealer, total cost was $110. And yes there is no way you get the passenger seat out without removing the bracket. I thought about trying to modify the bracket to either make it pivot or quick attach somehow, I’ll let you know if I come up with anything.
    Cheers That is a bargain price too, compared with the aftermarket ones at nearer $300. I also like the idea of the weight being nearer the centre of the bike and not hanging off the back.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Will this bracket work with the F3T saddle bags? I am also interested in this type of bracket and top box setup.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Cheers That is a bargain price too, compared with the aftermarket ones at nearer $300. I also like the idea of the weight being nearer the centre of the bike and not hanging off the back.
    Did you come up with a quick release solution?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    Did you come up with a quick release solution?
    I have not but haven’t really tried either. Don’t really see a need for it because I never ride 2up.
    It really is a sickness!

Spyder Garage

JS3535,

I like your setup so well I decided to copy it as I never carry a passenger. I did go with the SH48 top case, and added the brake light, plus I added a top led strip that functions as turn signals as well as a runnin/ brake light.
    The only issue is that the brp bracket is backordered until Dec 19. My dealer gave me a price of $98 for it. I even searched the internet for one, but everyone has it listed as backordered.
    Sure hope that brp doesn't decide to discontinue it!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    JS3535,

I like your setup so well I decided to copy it as I never carry a passenger. I did go with the SH48 top case, and added the brake light, plus I added a top led strip that functions as turn signals as well as a runnin/ brake light.
    The only issue is that the brp bracket is backordered until Dec 19. My dealer gave me a price of $98 for it. I even searched the internet for one, but everyone has it listed as backordered.
    Sure hope that brp doesn't decide to discontinue it!

https://www.canampartshouse.com/oemp...ormed-support#

Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    I will call them tomorrow to make sure they have it.

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Contacted them and they do not stock this. They told me that they were told by BRP that this is discontinued. If so than it looks like I will need to make my own.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

My dealer stated on national backorder. Nothing about being discontinued...
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    My dealer stated on national backorder. Nothing about being discontinued...
    Mine states the same, but shows a ship date of 12/19 so BRP has time to discontinue it.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I’ll sell you mine for $25,000 and I’ll throw in the rest of the bike for free. All seriousness though, I’m surprised I got mine when I did because it was only for the Police model and there is not many of those out there. Took about 1 week to get when I ordered mine. Should be pretty easy to make for any welding shop or fabricator if you are not going to do it yourself. Mine is aluminum, which would be harder than mild steel to fab.
    It really is a sickness!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Mine states the same, but shows a ship date of 12/19 so BRP has time to discontinue it.
    Well, sure, I guess anything can be discontinued. The fact that they're not showing as a discontinued item is a plus thing
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue