Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Manual downshifting shifting into reverse

Apologies if this has been addressed - I've put close to 700 miles on my 09 SE5 and took it in for it's first service yesterday. For the last 3 days when I drive my Spyder to work it downshifts automatically and manually and goes into reverse as it should. But on the way home automatic downshift works fine but Spyder won't allow manual downshift and when I get home it won't shift into reverse. Anyone else had anything similar? Almost seems to be a function of the Spyder being hot ( sitting in the sun all day) works fine in the morning won't work in the afternoon. Of course it shifted fine on the way to and at the dealer ( it had been in the garage prior to trip to the dealer)

Spyder Garage

check this, it might help

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=10800

helped me

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rollingscott View Post
    Apologies if this has been addressed - I've put close to 700 miles on my 09 SE5 and took it in for it's first service yesterday. For the last 3 days when I drive my Spyder to work it downshifts automatically and manually and goes into reverse as it should. But on the way home automatic downshift works fine but Spyder won't allow manual downshift and when I get home it won't shift into reverse. Anyone else had anything similar? Almost seems to be a function of the Spyder being hot ( sitting in the sun all day) works fine in the morning won't work in the afternoon. Of course it shifted fine on the way to and at the dealer ( it had been in the garage prior to trip to the dealer)

Hey Scott when you purchased your spyder was it ordered or did they already have it in the show room? Its possible that one of the service bullitins for shifting problems didn't get performed if it had been sitting there for a while. Other than that I really couldn't tell you what it might be as I haven't seen this before.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.