Spyder Garage

Unhappy Intercom for 2016 Spyder RTS

Hi folks. New to the forum and the Spyder world. Need help with intercom on my 2016 RTS. I was assured when I purchased my Spyder that all I needed to have an intercom with my 9’r on the back is the CanAm headsets. I purchase and low and behold can’t seem to find the 7pin Din plug. Do I also have to purchase the CB comm. system as well to get intercom?

Spyder Garage

Default Intercom

You will need to purchase and install the CB module as well as the entertainment harness. That will give you the 7 pin connectors you need for the headsets. It will be over a grand to do. You might want to consider a pair of bluetooth headsets instead.

Spyder Garage

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by amkrat View Post
    You will need to purchase and install the CB module as well as the entertainment harness. That will give you the 7 pin connectors you need for the headsets. It will be over a grand to do. You might want to consider a pair of bluetooth headsets instead.
    You might want to investigate bluetooth prior to making your final choice. There are more options that open up by using Bluetooth over the can am comm system. You can pair to a smart device, gps and other Bluetooth units.

Good luck with your research, and welcome to the forum.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Red face

Thanks for your reply. I thought that might be the case. CB module is an expensive prospect.I guess the right thing to do is research my options and go forward. I have however, heard negative things about going Bluetooth and that hardwired was preferable.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Call Me !

Give me a call, 9:00am to 8:00pm pacific time
    7 days a week.
    I can help you with this and not cost you your first born.
    209-887-3283
    motorcycledave@mac.com
    Ride safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by LocksmithLouie View Post
    Hi folks. New to the forum and the Spyder world. Need help with intercom on my 2016 RTS. I was assured when I purchased my Spyder that all I needed to have an intercom with my 9’r on the back is the CanAm headsets. I purchase and low and behold can’t seem to find the 7pin Din plug. Do I also have to purchase the CB comm. system as well to get intercom?
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 08-05-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT Ltd CB

Hey Dave,
    I like your suggestions on equiping the Spyder with a CB. My local Flying J has a Uniden portable CB for $49.95. I know that a lot changed with the 2018's. Will your Sena SR10/CB setup work on the 2018's, or is there another avenue that I should take? After riding Harleys with CB's for the last 10 years or so I miss communicating with my Harley riding friends.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey Dave,
    I like your suggestions on equiping the Spyder with a CB. My local Flying J has a Uniden portable CB for $49.95. I know that a lot changed with the 2018's. Will your Sena SR10/CB setup work on the 2018's, or is there another avenue that I should take? After riding Harleys with CB's for the last 10 years or so I miss communicating with my Harley riding friends.
    Read this thread for a discussion of CB and Bluetooth. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...n-am-Bluetooth

Look for reviews of handheld CBs and get one that has the best range and clarity. And you will need BT helmet headsets.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here
    SENA does NOWT make a cable to the SR10 for that CB radio I would
    go with the Midland ...

Hey Dave,

Spyder Garage

Default 2016 CanAm CB and Intercom

I did the research on the available systems for the CB/Intercom. I opted to shell out the big coin and got the CanAm system. I did the installation which took about 3.5 hours vice the 1.5 CanAm says it takes. The system....I must say...works great. Sure there were “a few kinks” in the system but it was all 100% “READ THE DARN MANUAL “ Lol. Once it was installed it worked great and still does. Makes a nice ride much nicer. All Voice activated, radio, CB, Intercom and GPS all goes through the helmet speakers. Very nice. No batteries to charge either.

Spyder Garage

Or just talk to each other normally. We talk all the time without communicators.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I did the research on the available systems for the CB/Intercom. I opted to shell out the big coin and got the CanAm system. I did the installation which took about 3.5 hours vice the 1.5 CanAm says it takes. The system....I must say...works great. Sure there were “a few kinks” in the system but it was all 100% “READ THE DARN MANUAL “ Lol. Once it was installed it worked great and still does. Makes a nice ride much nicer. All Voice activated, radio, CB, Intercom and GPS all goes through the helmet speakers. Very nice. No batteries to charge either.
    Did you use the antenna that came with the CB, or something like a Firestik no ground plane antenna? I couldn't get the SWR reading down to recommended levels with the OEM antenna.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

When I purchased my RTL in 16 I noticed that the audio cable component was a separate item. Call your local dealer and see if this works as the cabled audio system without the CB. It was about $100 back then.

Yes this should do it!
    Last edited by Dc8cappie; 10-03-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

try the Sena 5 also, half the cost of a Sena 10 and does the same thing.. Cost is about $150?? helmet tp helmet, phone to helmet and Garmin to helmet.. It was my choice and im happy with mine..