Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT shifting paddle

My wife’s 2018 RT takes a abnormal amount of pressure on the paddle to make it shift. Her 2015 flicked thru the gears with very little effort.. Any ideas?
    ND Rider
    2016 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Default ‘18 RT

I have an ‘18 RT and it shifts very easily. You definitely have a problem, I’d call/bring it back to the dealer.
    ‘Good luck.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    I have an ‘18 RT and it shifts very easily. You definitely have a problem, I’d call/bring it back to the dealer.
    ‘Good luck.
    Thanks for the reply we did have it in the mechanic says nope shifts fine lol well she should know she has ridden a lot more spyder than he has. I drove it home from her first oil change and I noticed it right away
    ND Rider
    2016 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

I was wondering about the paddle shifter itself if there is a way to adjust the contact points that activate the gear change
    ND Rider
    2016 F3 , Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Paddle issue

I created an Ergonomic Pad for the paddle that might help this issue ..... See my Album ( of the same name ) ......But if the shifter is defective ( and this appears to be a possibility ) have the DEALER fix-it ......Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-31-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Mine shifts like a dream......

Quote Originally Posted by NDrider View Post
    Thanks for the reply we did have it in the mechanic says nope shifts fine lol well she should know she has ridden a lot more spyder than he has. I drove it home from her first oil change and I noticed it right away
    My paddle shifter shifts so smooth and easy to the touch, it's joy to shift. Take it back and contact the owner and compare your wife's spyder to another spyder that shifts properly, and have the owner make his so-called mechanic make it right. The longer you let it go the harder it will be to get it corrected. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

My wife’s 2018 RT takes a abnormal amount of pressure on the paddle to make it shift. Her 2015 flicked thru the gears with very little effort.. Any ideas?
    Yep ... I have some ideas. Just got my 2018 RTL back from the dealer - guess what was wrong. Shifting - in particular downshifting went from hard to accomplish to just won't happen. The paddle / lever was defective and replaced under warranty. I can even get you the part number ... once I get back home.
    Dave

"Pallidus Aranea"
    (Pale Spider)

• 2018 CamAm Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White / Chrome
    • 2008 H/D VROD 105th Anniversary Edition (665 of 1200) - Retired
    • 1987 Honda CRB600F - "Hurricane" - Retired

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is under warranty. INSIST THAT THEY FIX IT.

(If there is another dealer around, that might be a better option. One that insults your intelligence is not worthy of your continued business.)

Spyder Garage

I'm getting the whole left handlebar control replaced next week because of the same problem.

In my case, contrary to the service bulletin from BRP about downshifting, it is the up shift that is giving me problem.

In about 1 out of every 3-4 up shift, I have to hit (and hold) the paddle more than once for the shift to happen.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Default SE6 shift paddle issues

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue. Upshifting is fine. Downshifting, and in particular, shifting into neutral or reverse requires a lot of pressure on the minus paddle. My service manager says that he submitted an inquiry to BRP about this but hasn't heard back. I may have to tell him what I have learned here. Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pallidus Aranea View Post
    Yep ... I have some ideas. Just got my 2018 RTL back from the dealer - guess what was wrong. Shifting - in particular downshifting went from hard to accomplish to just won't happen. The paddle / lever was defective and replaced under warranty. I can even get you the part number ... once I get back home.
    Thanks pale spyder it well be going in ASAP I see it’s not the only one. Thanks for the post
    ND Rider
    2016 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Default Warranty bulletin 2018-5

Tell your dealer to refer to warranty bulletin 2018-5 for this problem.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Tell your dealer to refer to warranty bulletin 2018-5 for this problem.
    Well do
    ND Rider
    2016 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Default Warranty bulletin

How do I find and read this bulletin?

Spyder Garage

Default Shift problem 2018 RT

Thanks everyone for the advice. A shout out to billy bovine for the BRP case number we called the dealer and since I had a BRP reference they ordered the cluster before we took it in they installed it right away. We picked it up last night after work. My wife was super happy shifts right and the joy stick and the blinker cancel all works easily. They also got the buds 2 to work and installed the newest update. I let them know I had read here that they had to use the cable and one on the USB port then it worked. Thanks again everyone we well be headed down to council bluffs Iowa for the spyder fest hope to see some of you there. Let’s RIDE
    ND Rider
    2016 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for the advice. A shout out to billy bovine for the BRP case number we called the dealer and since I had a BRP reference they ordered the cluster before we took it in they installed it right away. We picked it up last night after work. My wife was super happy shifts right and the joy stick and the blinker cancel all works easily. They also got the buds 2 to work and installed the newest update. I let them know I had read here that they had to use the cable and one on the USB port then it worked. Thanks again everyone we well be headed down to council bluffs Iowa for the spyder fest hope to see some of you there. Let’s RIDE
    Thanks for updating us with the results. That does not happen enough.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RTL paddle switch issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    I'm getting the whole left handlebar control replaced next week because of the same problem.

In my case, contrary to the service bulletin from BRP about downshifting, it is the up shift that is giving me problem.

In about 1 out of every 3-4 up shift, I have to hit (and hold) the paddle more than once for the shift to happen.

Did you ever get your whole left handlebar control replaced? Thanks.
    My new 2018 RTL. Dealer looked at it (In about 1 out of every 3-4 up shift, I have to hit (and hold) the paddle more than once for the shift to happen) and dealer agreed that it takes two or three times to hit the paddle to make things happen and told me "We have a case openwith BRP presently and we're waiting to hear back from them on the issues!" Have not heard anything for 7 days so far!!!! How long does BRP take to answer a dealer? Winter salt is coming soon and would like to ride.
    Any advise?
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post

My new 2018 RTL. Dealer looked at it (In about 1 out of every 3-4 up shift, I have to hit (and hold) the paddle more than once for the shift to happen) and dealer agreed that it takes two or three times to hit the paddle to make things happen and told me "We have a case openwith BRP presently and we're waiting to hear back from them on the issues!" Have not heard anything for 7 days so far!!!! How long does BRP take to answer a dealer? Winter salt is coming soon and would like to ride.
    Any advise?
    You gotta have some patience, I did and my situation was handled swiftly.
    Mine took a week after the case number was generated and I was contacted to keep me updated until I had a case manager handle my problem and then it was fixed in another week.
    Two weeks-was okay with me.
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Shouldn't be any "case open "stuff.The issue is covered by warranty bulletin 2018-5.A known problem but still took 2 weeks to get the parts for mine.

Spyder Garage

Default Paddle shifter

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    Shouldn't be any "case open "stuff.The issue is covered by warranty bulletin 2018-5.A known problem but still took 2 weeks to get the parts for mine.
    My 2018 F3 Limited was taken to the dealer today, and they replaced the whole left side module because I couldn't down shift, couldn't get it to go into neutral or reverse! Took about 2 hours or more, but when they changed it out everything went back to work! It is great to have neutral and reverse again! BRP should be aware by now that all 2018 F3's and RT's are having problems with this new left side module!!!! Maybe get a new supplier for this part, hope BRP is listening !!

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT Paddle Switch Problem Update

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    My 2018 F3 Limited was taken to the dealer today, and they replaced the whole left side module because I couldn't down shift, couldn't get it to go into neutral or reverse! Took about 2 hours or more, but when they changed it out everything went back to work! It is great to have neutral and reverse again! BRP should be aware by now that all 2018 F3's and RT's are having problems with this new left side module!!!! Maybe get a new supplier for this part, hope BRP is listening !!
    BRP responded to this known problem because I just heard from dealer. BRP responded backand we have a new switch on order right now getting replaced for you. Thatshould fix the shift issues. The part should be here within the next fewdays and then it is just getting that swapped out. I'm hoping to have itcompleted for you by the end of the week.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post

Any advise?
    Yes, my dealer did replace the left handlebar control module even though the bulletin was for a downshifting/reverse issue, and like you, I had a problem with upshifting instead.

As far as I know, they did not raise a case with BRP.
    Last edited by ottawa-rider; 10-24-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Shift Issue/Bulletin 2018-5 was honored and completed today!

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    Yes, my dealer did replace the left handlebar control module even though the bulletin was for a downshifting/reverse issue, and like you, I had a problem with upshifting instead.

As far as I know, they did not raise a case with BRP.
    Just rode 78 miles on my spyder after dealer performed Shift Issue/Bulletin 2018-0005 which entailed replacing the left hand multifunction switch (some multifunction switches may be out of specification preventing the driver to downshift or engage into reverse) In my case it was upshifting problem. It is now a smooth "soft" touch shifting operation along with reverse engaging first time every time and I noticed it right away. I am happy.
    Nice work done by my dealers technician at Engelhart Center Madison, WI.

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 Downshifting

Well, it’s happening to me. When I first purchased my ‘18 RTL in July, shifting was a breeze. Over past few weeks I’ve noticed that when downshifting I’d have to press the paddle a few times. This past week it’s gotten worse. I just went on a 2-3hr ride w some friends....would hardly ever downshift. And when I pulled into the garage it took a good 5 min of trying to get it into neutral.
    Thanks to everyone who has experienced this problem and posted on the forum. I’ll be calling my dealer tomorrow to schedule apt to get this fixed. As pointed out by others, I’ll tell them to check “Warranty bulletin 2018-0005”.
    Does anyone remember how long it took Dealer to replace, once they had the part in stock? I live far away from my dealer so I usually wait for it while it’s being serviced. If it’s a big job I’ll try to get a ride/Uber.
    ‘Thank you.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

They initially told me about 2.5 hours, it ended being just shy of 2.
    2018 RT LTD , Black