Spyder Garage

Default Looks like the fun is coming to an end

I know this isnt in the right category but I need to vent. The recession finally caught up to me here in Colorado. The oil and gas industry went to hell in a hand basket. I have been trying to scramble to find a job and its not looking good. If this keeps up my 3 wheeled best friend is going to have to be the first thing to go ( I could cry anything but that). I just dont know what to do, my head hurts from trying to think of somthing. I told my little girl ( shes 3 and a half) that daddy lost his job and she tryied to give me back her allowance, its amazing how much kids understand at such a young age.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

sorry to hear you lost your job,I hope it doesn't come down to losing your spyder,its bad all over.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I feel for you my friend. I am in the oilfield in the Gulf of Mexico and it has busted something terrible. I see no relief until at least next year.

Has been talk from the owners of dropping 2 of the manager spots. As I am the highest paid of the 4, I can see the writing on the wall !

Hang in there, or like me, if I do get laid off, I am getting out. This would be my second oil bust and I am done !
    2009 Full Moon SE5, Sport Rack, Back Rest, Fog Lights, Hindle, Kuryakyn handlebar accents, Kuryakyn chrome brake pedals X 2, brake caliper trim, just getting started

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Best of luck to all of you in this type of situation. Here's hoping for a turn around and better times.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Best of luck to all of you in this type of situation. Here's hoping for a turn around and better times.

The price of gas is starting to go up again up here $1.00 a liter $4.00 Canadian for U.S. gal. Should see a turn around soon.

Spyder Garage

Your little girl sounds like a sweetheart.
    Hang in there Dad, this door closing will open up a new and better opportunity. I can't tell you how many times I've heard of folks loosing their jobs only to find a much better one down the road. The Spyder can be replaced, I wouldn't concern myself too much about that Bro.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

At 63 I can tell you Lamonster is right on.It is time for you and everyone listening to get back to being inventive,hard working providers for them selves and family.Yes you could and may lose your job but believe me there can be a door open to give you the life you were supposed to live,one with purpose as well as reward.

all the best,
    wolfshead1

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Your little girl sounds like a sweetheart.
    Hang in there Dad, this door closing will open up a new and better opportunity. I can't tell you how many times I've heard of folks loosing their jobs only to find a much better one down the road. The Spyder can be replaced, I wouldn't concern myself too much about that Bro.
    +1 I have been on the edge losing my job for almost a year now so I understand a little of what you are going through. Take care and I'm praying for a new great job for you or for you to get called back to your old job.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Wishing you all the best. I hope the job situation improves soon and you are able to find work.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

It's probably of little "comfort" to you - or anyone - but I suspect there are many on this forum who feel they are working at the edge.

I know I have survived several large layoffs at my company in the last year.

Sometimes I think emotionally that might be as draining but then I could be FoS.

Frankly, while it is easy for me to say this now, I am inclined to make the bank come take whatever I might have payments left on.

I know not all bankers are bad, but it would take God to sort it out as far as I am concerned.

Pete

Spyder Garage

Default Hang in there

Good luck in your quest for new employment. I sincerely hope it all works out for you.
    Best wishes,
    Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Invalid Emails
    Pensacola Florida & Baja Alabama (Robertsdale)
    Spyder Garage

Default Other than sendinga prayer>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by gjco View Post
    I know this isnt in the right category but I need to vent. The recession finally caught up to me here in Colorado. The oil and gas industry went to hell in a hand basket. I have been trying to scramble to find a job and its not looking good. If this keeps up my 3 wheeled best friend is going to have to be the first thing to go ( I could cry anything but that). I just dont know what to do, my head hurts from trying to think of somthing. I told my little girl ( shes 3 and a half) that daddy lost his job and she tryied to give me back her allowance, its amazing how much kids understand at such a young age.
    >>>>>I wish there was more I could do. It has hit a lot of people, I an sending monthly aid to my thirty year old son and his Mom (My Ex), both "under-employed". In the mist of all this my oldest moved up from five years pizza delivery to his field in computers.

Never thought that "Retired, on a fixed income" would be a good thing. Best of luck to you and your family.

Spyder Garage

Best of luck to you. Head up... move forward. Been there, done that.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default It all works out you will find out

As you know this always works out, may not be the way you want them to but in the real world some time thing do not work out the way you want them to.

Spyder Garage

Default Things get better

I am retired now but I have been there ! In 1980 I went to work one day and the place I was working at was so nice to not let us know that they was closing the doors till one day we came to work and the gate was chained up and a sign that said closed for good . To make a long story short I ended up with a job that payed $5 an hr. more . So look up and things will get better it just takes time ! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL .