Spyder Garage

Default HELP ON TRIP PLANNING

My wife and I are thinking about taking a Mississippi River cruise next year. Probably from New Orleans to Memphis. We'll be riding our 2017 RT from our home here in Port Angeles WA to NO, leave our spyder and riding gear somewhere, take the cruise, return to NO, retrieve our gear and spyder and head back to WA. We are going to meet with a AAA travel person in August to nail down the cruise part. Questions: When might be the most favorable time of year for the river cruise? Where can we leave the spyder and gear for 9 or 10 days? And when might be the most favorable time of year to travel across the country, NW to SE and back? Any thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you.
    Yellow 2013RT SE5(Previous)
    Champagne Metallic 2017RT LTD SE6

Spyder Garage

Default storage

Yo can rent a ten foot long storage unit in a self-storage facility to keep your Spyder and riding gear. It looks like the rates run between forty and one twenty bucks a month.

Spyder Garage

Default What's your stance on humidity?

Quote Originally Posted by reknhevn View Post
    My wife and I are thinking about taking a Mississippi River cruise next year. Probably from New Orleans to Memphis. We'll be riding our 2017 RT from our home here in Port Angeles WA to NO, leave our spyder and riding gear somewhere, take the cruise, return to NO, retrieve our gear and spyder and head back to WA. We are going to meet with a AAA travel person in August to nail down the cruise part. Questions: When might be the most favorable time of year for the river cruise? Where can we leave the spyder and gear for 9 or 10 days? And when might be the most favorable time of year to travel across the country, NW to SE and back? Any thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you.
    My $0.02, you're going to want to do that in the early spring or late fall, mid-late October, for the nicest weather in New Orleans. Mardi Gras is in early March next year, so that's something to be avoided or targeted, depending upon your druthers. That would also typically be a good time to be there, weatherwise, but contending with all the spring breakers... meh.

Naturally, that's going to give you a bit iffier weather on your trip back, but I think that would still work.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’d also rent a storage facility to store the bike. If you go in April you can attend Spyders on the Bayou, one of the best Spyder rallies anywhere.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you go the last weekend in April, or the first weekend in May, you will be able to attend the 50th anniversary of the New Orleans Jazz Fest! This is an awesome event, and the weather is usually pretty good! It WILL rain though!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.