Spyder Garage

Default Anyone using Cardo Packtalk?

I am looking for a helmet comm system. There are some features that I like about the Cardo, but I have one big question:

If I am understanding the info correctly, the Packtalk can only connect to:
    2 bluetooth devices -or-
    a Packtalk mesh and 1 bluetooth device.

So, assuming that I use the mesh to talk to my passenger, that only allows me to connect to ONE bluetooth device.

If I want to connect to my phone and to the Garmin 595 on the RT, can that be done?
    Would I pair GPS and Cardo both to the phone?
    Or pair Cardo and phone to the GPS?

Anyone doing this?

Spyder Garage

I have the Cardo Packtalk, I use the mesh network for comm with my sweetheart and 2 other riders. I can add up to 12 more riders using the mesh network.
    Additionally, the Packtalk has 2 bluetooth channels, that operate separate from the mesh network.

I have my phone connected to channel "A", nothing to channel "B". When I need to I can use B to connect with non-Cardo radios using bluetooth.

You can pair your cellphone to your GPS and then GPS to the Packtalk using one bluetooth channel. I chose to pair my phone directly to the Packtalk using bluetooth channel A which leaves channel B open to pair with any non-Cardo radio using bluetooth or any other device I need.

If I need audio for the GPS I can enable it through the Spyders speaker system (Garmin 660, don't know if yours has the same capability).

If you go to Cardo's facebook page there is an explanation of Packtalk that was recorded live yesterday with questions from users.

Hope this helps

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

SENA units can connect up to 4 plus mesh

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyspyder View Post

I have the Cardo Packtalk, I use the mesh network for comm with my sweetheart and 2 other riders. I can add up to 12 more riders using the mesh network.
    Additionally, the Packtalk has 2 bluetooth channels, that operate separate from the mesh network.

I have my phone connected to channel "A", nothing to channel "B". When I need to I can use B to connect with non-Cardo radios using bluetooth.

You can pair your cellphone to your GPS and then GPS to the Packtalk using one bluetooth channel. I chose to pair my phone directly to the Packtalk using bluetooth channel A which leaves channel B open to pair with any non-Cardo radio using bluetooth or any other device I need.

If I need audio for the GPS I can enable it through the Spyders speaker system (Garmin 660, don't know if yours has the same capability).

If you go to Cardo's facebook page there is an explanation of Packtalk that was recorded live yesterday with questions from users.

Hope this helps

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyspyder View Post

Hope this helps

Thank you, good info. I watched a youtube review of the packtalk and the guy's major complaint was that if you use mesh, then you only have one available bluetooth connection, not two. IIRC, he showed on the app that one of the bluetooth slots greyed out when he connected to mesh.

Have you tried connecting two bluetooth devices and mesh simultaneously? Would be great if that works.
    Last edited by jstjohnz; 07-28-2018 at 12:11 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    SENA units can connect up to 4 plus mesh
    Does that mean up to 4 bluetooth devices such as GPS, phone, Sena SR10 and Sena SM10? Or are some of the 4 limited to headset-type devices? I wasn't sure if it would handle 4 non-headset devices or just two.

There are definitely things I like about the Sena like the ambient feature and aux input.

From what I've seen/read, opinion seems to be that Sena's voice commands don't work nearly as well as Cardo's.