Spyder Garage

Default Are Harbor Freight Plastic Ramps Good For.........?

I am about ready do my first oil/filter change on my '16 F3T. I have also purchased a BajaRon Sway Bar . I have Harbor Freight Plastic Ramps which cost me about $35 which worked great for putting on my Bump Skid. Here are my questions:

1. Do the ramps give me enough clearance to remove and install the sway bar?
    2. When doing the oil change will the oil drain adequately when on the ramps, or does the F3 need to be flat?
    3. I did not see any torque values in the BajaRon sway bar instructions. Anyone know the proper torque?

Also any helpful hints on the sway bar install would be appreciated. I think I have read all of the corresponding posts which has been very helpful.

Thanks in Advance!
    KYRider (Ken)
    Northern KY
    '16 Can Am Spyder F3-T
    2016 F3-T , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KYRider View Post
    I am about ready do my first oil/filter change on my '16 F3T. I have also purchased a BajaRon Sway Bar . I have Harbor Freight Plastic Ramps which cost me about $35 which worked great for putting on my Bump Skid. Here are my questions:

1. Do the ramps give me enough clearance to remove and install the sway bar?
    2. When doing the oil change will the oil drain adequately when on the ramps, or does the F3 need to be flat?
    3. I did not see any torque values in the BajaRon sway bar instructions. Anyone know the proper torque?

Also any helpful hints on the sway bar install would be appreciated. I think I have read all of the corresponding posts which has been very helpful.

Thanks in Advance!
    1. no, you will need approx 24" of vertical clearance to actually remove and insert the bar. So you will need to be able to safely lift it that high
    2. it should be level There
    3. There is a note in the install sheet about how much to tighten. Not a torque spec per se but how the bushing block should look when properly tightened.

Lamonster has the install sheet here: http://lamonster.com/pdf/swaybarF32015.pdf
    Last edited by hypurone; 07-26-2018 at 04:26 PM.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default ramps

Ramps worked just fine when I installed my sway bar. Higher would work better but it can be done.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    Ramps worked just fine when I installed my sway bar. Higher would work better but it can be done.
    But what year is your bike?
    ramps will work fine on the first generation chassis (2008-2012)
    (After that: not so much...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Another disclamer

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But what year is your bike?
    ramps will work fine on the first generation chassis (2008-2012)
    (After that: not so much...)

If you weigh over 300 lbs., you may just want to get someone else to install it.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can use the ramps to get the sway bar loose and ready to come out of the frame channel. Then you will have to jack it much higher using jack stands, wood blocks or concrete blocks to steady the spyder. Take the old sway bar out of the channel, insert the new and let the spyder back down to the ramps. Finish bolting things in. I don't worry about the bike being completely level when I change the oil. Not sure on the torque.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default My Rhino ramps work good for oil Changes

I am able to place the ramps on a sloped driveway so the Spyder rolls onto them and is still almost level. A piece of cardboard or newspapers and my used oil storage pan slides right in place with room to roll under each side to pull the plugs. Just remember to move the oil pan out from under before you finish up and drive back off the ramps, as the frunk can catch and flip your pan.... dont ask me how I know
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White