Spyder Garage

Default Good Morning folks,

My question concerns my 2017 F3 Limited. Starting around May 1 this year I started getting a red light in the bottom center of my dash gauge. While lite an icon of a shock also appeared. This lasted for about 5 – 10 seconds and then the red light and icon went away. The distance to being lite up ranged from .3 to 2 miles from startup. I never saw it go more than 2 miles. If I turned off the ignition anywhere along my ride, when I restarted the bike the same thing happen all over again. This happen every time I took the bike out. I later learned this was the ACS light for the auto control rear suspension.

I have had the bike into my dealer 2 times during the last 3 months. The second time they reset the ride height. It worked for a day and a morning and then went back to doing the same thing. I was set to take it in again this past Tuesday morning and was going to take another picture of it in action. When I headed toward my dealer it did not do it. I stopped and restarted the bike 3 times along the way and it would not act up like it usually does. So when I got to the dealer we talked and agreed that I should just ride it and see what happens. It has happen a couple times since my last visit to the dealer.

The question is: has anybody else with a 2017 F3 Limited noticed this type of behavior form their bike? If so, was it resolved by your dealer? If yes, what was the problem/fix?

Thanks,

Edit: 1:00 pm local to remove post in another place.
    Last edited by Bluehole; 07-26-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please post your questions in only ONE sub-forum......so that the discussion doesn't get broken up and become confusing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure you'll get a helpful answer.
    I can understand posting in two places if you were/are not sure which is the better place.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You could ask the dealer to verify that the high and low limits on the bag pressure are correctly set in BUDS. Do you have a schrader valve under the seat? I can’t remember if they eliminated that in 17 on the Limited, if you have one have you checked the pressure?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Ride Height

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    You could ask the dealer to verify that the high and low limits on the bag pressure are correctly set in BUDS. Do you have a schrader valve under the seat? I can’t remember if they eliminated that in 17 on the Limited, if you have one have you checked the pressure?
    Ann, the ride height was calibrated on the second trip in to the dealer with buds. Lasted the rest of that day and the following morning. It then returned to the light coming on for a few seconds every time I went for a ride. This is the completely automatic control system for the rear suspension--no air valve under the rear seat. I am thinking it might be the sensor that controls when to kick in the air compressor but have no clue how to check that.

Thanks,

Spyder Garage

Default What do you think??

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    My dealer says they did, but I really got my doubts now!!

Would I be right is saying my air bag is not working at all?? Would it also be far to say that the whole ACS system is not working?? Bad fuse/relay/sensor??
    Just started it up in the garage and no movement on the bag so I stood on the passenger peg and still got no movement.

P1030367.jpg P1030365.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just replied to your email but reading your last post I’m wondering if you have your bike running and in gear when you are testing the compressor? It had to be running and in gear for it to work.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622