Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bike insurance

Spyder Garage

Default bike insurance

hi everyone. i am shopping for a new bike insurance company. I have a 2014 rts with 52,000 miles. Does anyone out there know what insurance company is worth looking into? let me know. Thanks

Spyder Garage

I'm happy with Allstate, but I'm in southern Ohio. It may well be a whole different ballgame in Florida. Rates can vary greatly from one area to the next even in the same state. There are so many different factors involved it is darn near impossible to make an insurance recommendation other than to say I am happy with my choice. Pick up the phone and start shopping.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I just signed up with Geico. They seemed pretty reasonable.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I suggest you shop around

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I'm happy with Allstate, but I'm in southern Ohio. It may well be a whole different ballgame in Florida. Rates can vary greatly from one area to the next even in the same state. There are so many different factors involved it is darn near impossible to make an insurance recommendation other than to say I am happy with my choice. Pick up the phone and start shopping.
    I agree rates vary by state. I recently moved from California to Missouri, called Foremost to update the insurance. Was told I would have to cancel my California policy, and start a new policy in Missouri. When I asked how much the new policy was it went up over $400.00, and was told that each state is rated differently. I told them that is nuts that I'm moving from a state where I can ride almost year round, with much more traffic compared to where I'm at now where I can not ride as much, and way less traffic. Needless to say I went with GEICO, and as to how good they are; I hope to never have to find out.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

As someone living in Ca you paying more in Missouri just seems insane to me
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krafael5 View Post
    hi everyone. i am shopping for a new bike insurance company. I have a 2014 rts with 52,000 miles. Does anyone out there know what insurance company is worth looking into? let me know. Thanks
    I hate to say it but there are so many variables involved that the answer is just as definitive as asking what dog food provides the best value your dog! You really have no choice but to search all the options in your area and determine for yourself. Agents and claim reps may be great in one area and in another make you look forward to a root canal. Same for companies and premiums. I use Geico. They've been good to deal with.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default INSURANCE

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I hate to say it but there are so many variables involved that the answer is just as definitive as asking what dog food provides the best value your dog! You really have no choice but to search all the options in your area and determine for yourself. Agents and claim reps may be great in one area and in another make you look forward to a root canal. Same for companies and premiums. I use Geico. They've been good to deal with.
    .... try Dairyland , I pay $200.00 for a complete policy for 12mos. of coverage. ..........Mike

Spyder Garage

I have USAA on the cars, but they don't do motorhomes or bikes, so they point you at Progressive which is a subsidiary of USAA. I cross shopped Geico and Progressive and Progressive was cheaper each time. But that is in VA and you may be different. I also keep collision on the RT since its worth a bit, but only have basic coverage on my other bike.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

1+ for Dairyland. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

Just renewed with Dairyland.

Previously was under $400 with $100 deductable.

The renewal was same coverage but increased to just under $600.

Increased deductable to $250 and new cost is $420.

No claims, accidents or tickets.

Wife did not have time to shop for a better rate away from Dairyland, but will next renewal.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Every State has their own regulations, and it is absolutely impossible to make comparisons between them.
    Find yourself a Broker who also rides, and he'll be most-qualified to point you in the right direction.

(Forty years of selling this crap!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Every State has their own regulations, and it is absolutely impossible to make comparisons between them.
    Find yourself a Broker who also rides, and he'll be most-qualified to point you in the right direction.

(Forty years of selling this crap!)
    Agree.

Rafael, the original poster is local to me. Maybe my posted info helps. Possibly other Florida riders will comment.

Spyder Garage

FOREMOST

Spyder Garage

Another vote for USAA/Progressive here. I'm pretty happy with my bill currently, 480 and matched coverage to my car. Hey, she's my baby and worth it.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Absolutely correct. Doesn't matter what anyone else has unless ones' circumstances, location and history are identical.....
    Sometimes one just has to do their own research
    Last edited by Docster; 07-26-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

Dairyland is very affordable. My rep just found me a cheaper payment with another company for my next 12 months though. Modern something, American something ... I'd have to look

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The American Modern Group?

Spyder Garage

The answer is going to require some searching for quotes. As mentioned above--many, many variables being considered.

I have been using State Farm for everything since my first car in 1965. They now insure three motorcycles, one car, and my home.

The vehicles vary from $523 a year for my 2017 car to mid to high $400's for the motorcycles.

Every time I have had a claim--they have come through quickly and without issues. I can call my local representative, who knows me, and go from there.

Have lived in and moved to over 6 states. Always kept my State Farm policies. I am happy with them. Plan on continuing the pattern when I make my next move also.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Progressive currently. $450 yearly on the 2015 F3 with progressive, no accidents or tickets.

Spyder Garage

I just received a quote from an agent in FL.. It is double what I pay here in PA.. I would not deal with any co. other than an independent agent! They shop many co.'s for you. And run away from AARP as their rates, with Foremost, are higher than dealing with Foremost W/O saying AARP!!!! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    As someone living in Ca you paying more in Missouri just seems insane to me
    Yep. really surprised me when they gave me the quote.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Welcome to Missouri. I hope you find the Show-Me state a wonderful place to live. I have my insurance with GEICO. Lower rates than the others I checked with and so far no claims to find out how they are after an accident.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The American Modern Group?
    Haha, yup it is called simply American Modern

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We market their products out of our office also!
    They're a pretty decent Company!
    When I wrecked my 2010 RT: they paid quickly, and were very fair in their settlement.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    Yep. really surprised me when they gave me the quote.
    I believe its the variables previously mentioned; demographics, history, actuarial data that may explain it
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue