Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone else having problems with dealers d/loading BRP CONNECT updates?

Does anybody have or had a problem with the dealer download the new update on the 2018's spyder?

Spyder Garage

I'm going today, scheduled for 1:00 pm.

Will let you know.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

The new version 13.20 is a good fix for the BRP Connect and is NO CHARGE to you, the dealer can charge BRP .3 hours of labor for the update.

If your dealer is having a problem with the software ................. Have him look at BRP Warranty Bulletin # 2018-0004.

it requires them to log in to BUDS2 as an Administrator not a tech and they must have the battery on a power supply and use the correct wires and a USB cord.

Cruzr Joe

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    The new version 13.20 is a good fix for the BRP Connect and is NO CHARGE to you, the dealer can charge BRP .3 hours of labor for the update.

If your dealer is having a problem with the software ................. Have him look at BRP Warranty Bulletin # 2018-0004.

it requires them to log in to BUDS2 as an Administrator not a tech and they must have the battery on a power supply and use the correct wires and a USB cord.

Cruzr Joe

Thank you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe

Fhanks! I’m going Jhea in Saturday and I’ll be prepared.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Got the update done today as scheduled with the 5k kilometers oil change.

I did not watch the tech do it and I have not had a chance to fiddle with it.

I noticed that it wiped out my radio stations, had to redo the auto-preset and reprogram my favorite local stations.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Once one has paired everything up and gotten by the initial set up, this is the process we are currently using to link v.13.20 to a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Sena 30K headset:
    1. Open/Unlock Phone
    2. Close all recent apps
    3. Connect USB cable from bike to phone
    4. Start BRP Connect app on phone
    5. Turn on Sena 30K
    6. Turn on Spyder ignition switch
    7. Push "Mode" button to clear start-up message from gauge cluster
    ==> Listen for "Beep - Beep" and then "Phone Connected" through headset
    ==> Music will start to play in another 15 - 20 seconds
    8. Turn up phone sound volume, if needed (the phone needs to be at maximum volume setting)
    9. Push "Mesh Intercom" button on Sena 30K to use mesh intercom

* The order is important!
    * Music volume is somewhat inconsistent in how loud it is at start up.
    * Sometimes the sound level noticeably decreases after the Mesh Intercom is turned on.
    * Occasionally, there is a disconnect of the phone or headset from BRP Connect, even though it shows as connected on the Set Up screen. It can sometimes be corrected on-the-fly by going into the setup menu ==> bluetooth and reconnecting. DO NOT ATTEMPT if you are unfamiliar with the system or in high-attention demand situations!

If you care for it, I've put together a white paper on getting the system connected.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    Once one has paired everything up and gotten by the initial set up, this is the process we are currently using to link v.13.20 to a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Sena 30K headset:
    1. Open/Unlock Phone
    2. Close all recent apps
    3. Connect USB cable from bike to phone
    4. Start BRP Connect app on phone
    5. Turn on Sena 30K
    8. Turn up phone sound volume, if needed (the phone needs to be at maximum volume setting)
    9. Push "Mesh Intercom" button on Sena 30K to use mesh intercom

* The order is important!
    * Music volume is somewhat inconsistent in how loud it is at start up.
    * Sometimes the sound level noticeably decreases after the Mesh Intercom is turned on.
    * Occasionally, there is a disconnect of the phone or headset from BRP Connect, even though it shows as connected on the Set Up screen. It can sometimes be corrected on-the-fly by going into the setup menu ==> bluetooth and reconnecting. DO NOT ATTEMPT if you are unfamiliar with the system or in high-attention demand situations!

If you care for it, I've put together a white paper on getting the system connected.

Wayne
    Unless something has changed for 13.2? My experience is. The order is not really important.

1. Open/Unlock Phone YES
    2. Close all recent apps OK if you want, should not matter.
    3. Connect USB cable from bike to phone Only have to do this if if you wish to to use the BRP connect app.
    4. Start BRP Connect app on phone There is no need to start the BRP connect app it will start on it's own. After it is plugged in and the dash is ready to go.
    5. Turn on Sena 30K
    8. Turn up phone sound volume, if needed (the phone needs to be at maximum volume setting) I agree turn up the volume all the way.

My steps are:
    1. Turn on the key.
    2. Press the mode button.
    3. Unlock the phone and put in handlebar holder. My phone is normally always at full volume anyways.
    4. Plug in the USB cable.
    5. Turn on the Sena SMH10 headset.

It is not near as complicated as you make it sound. The only step that important for order is that you have to press the mode button after turning on the key.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had the update done this morning. Found the radio presets to be gone so I'm gonna have to reset them. The Genius Maps works and doesn't crash the system like it did even with no outs planned, and it even works while its giving directions. But after almost 2 hours it did crash and I started hearing FM radio.

Didn't have to re-pair the phone or the Sena 30K. I got home and the Uclear headset is still paired.

When the system crashed I was viewing the Maps and switched to music to change the song, then checked FOBO for tires, then went back to the Maps and heard a direction but then the music stopped and as I tried to switch to music the system crashed and I got FM.

When I do pair things I do them one at a time and use the right pairing method. the Sena 30K mesh is for pairing rider to rider only. Phone pairing is different. You can pair to 2 different phones/devices (like a SR10) and a passenger headset.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Unless something has changed for 13.2? My experience is. The order is not really important.

1. Open/Unlock Phone YES
    2. Close all recent apps OK if you want, should not matter. "Should not" but it does: sometime BRP Connect is trying to load a Facebook address.
    3. Connect USB cable from bike to phone Only have to do this if if you wish to to use the BRP connect app. The whole point of this exercise to use BRP Connect, isn't it?
    4. Start BRP Connect app on phone There is no need to start the BRP connect app it will start on it's own. After it is plugged in and the dash is ready to go. OK, wait for 1 1/2 minutes while the system is booting up, then hopefully all is connected. With these steps, I don't have to wait to verify connection.
    5. Turn on Sena 30K
    8. Turn up phone sound volume, if needed (the phone needs to be at maximum volume setting) I agree turn up the volume all the way.

My steps are:
    1. Turn on the key.
    2. Press the mode button.
    3. Unlock the phone and put in handlebar holder. My phone is normally always at full volume anyways. My phone is not at maximum all the time; this way, it triggers the opportunity to set it, least one need to dig it out of the non-handlebar storage.
    4. Plug in the USB cable.
    5. Turn on the Sena SMH10 headset.

It is not near as complicated as you make it sound. The only step that important for order is that you have to press the mode button after turning on the key.
    Well, billybovine, I beg to differ. Change the order and get different results. See comments.

If I'm going to put my phone in a handlebar holder, why the heck add another layer of complexity by using BRP Connect? Just connect to the phone with my headset and problem solved. BRP gets off the hook for trying to make their system work. Guess everyone wins.
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500

Spyder Garage

Well, billybovine, I beg to differ. Change the order and get different results. See comments.

If I'm going to put my phone in a handlebar holder, why the heck add another layer of complexity by using BRP Connect? Just connect to the phone with my headset and problem solved. BRP gets off the hook for trying to make their system work. Guess everyone wins.
    Well that's not my experience. Changing the order makes absolutely no difference for me. The only reason for me, so far, to run the BRP connect app is to access Genius maps, on my screen. In that case I have to start the map app on my phone. Mute the volume. Before plugging it in. If I don't. Every time audio comes from the map app. The audio controls lock up. That is my number one complaint and it was not fixed with screen firmware 13.20.

BT audio and phone functions work just fine without the Connect app running. Actually BT audio is better. There are occasional minor stutters when the connect app is running.

If you just connect the phone to the headset. You do not get the option of playing the audio out the speakers.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well that's not my experience. Changing the order makes absolutely no difference for me. The only reason for me, so far, to run the BRP connect app is to access Genius maps, on my screen. In that case I have to start the map app on my phone. Mute the volume. Before plugging it in. If I don't. Every time audio comes from the map app. The audio controls lock up. That is my number one complaint and it was not fixed with screen firmware 13.20.

BT audio and phone functions work just fine without the Connect app running. Actually BT audio is better. There are occasional minor stutters when the connect app is running.

If you just connect the phone to the headset. You do not get the option of playing the audio out the speakers.
    Well, that's not my experience with the order. I use a modular helmet with a headset: that's the only way to have full cell phone function. The Gauge Cluster will give a notification stating that a BT headset is required. I clearly stated what I had connected: if anyone is doing something different, successfully, share it with us so we're can all learn.

Wayne
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the phone unlocked and plugged in. I turn the bike on, hit the Mode button, put it in gear and get going. The bike starts BRP Connect and I have it set up to open the music so I can get my playlist going. I can turn the headset on anytime and sometimes it doesn't pair so I turn it of then on and I can be going down the road when I do. If I will be using the Maps to navigate I mute it first. I also start Rever before connecting as it crashes BRP Connect. Have yet to find out if it still does it with the latest update. Didn't have to re-pair anything after either updates, just reset the radio presets.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I have the phone unlocked and plugged in. I turn the bike on, hit the Mode button, put it in gear and get going. The bike starts BRP Connect and I have it set up to open the music so I can get my playlist going. I can turn the headset on anytime and sometimes it doesn't pair so I turn it of then on and I can be going down the road when I do. If I will be using the Maps to navigate I mute it first. I also start Rever before connecting as it crashes BRP Connect. Have yet to find out if it still does it with the latest update. Didn't have to re-pair anything after either updates, just reset the radio presets.
    And the iPhone apparently interacts with the BRP system differently than an Android device, which I stated weeks ago.

Wayne
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500

Spyder Garage

And the iPhone apparently interacts with the BRP system differently than an Android device, which I stated weeks ago.

Wayne
    My Android phone works, for the most part, the same as Flamewinger describes. So I don't think whatever issues you are describing is a Android vs IPhone difference. The big difference between IPhone and Android is apps. Android does not have Accuweather or Rever yet.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Is the update really 13.2? I have 12.2 on my bike and my dealer said it was up to date. I send BRP a message asking them directly and they said that 12.2 is the current version...?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nethfel View Post
    Is the update really 13.2? I have 12.2 on my bike and my dealer said it was up to date. I send BRP a message asking them directly and they said that 12.2 is the current version...?
    Attached is a copy of the letter I got from BRP last week. How long ago was this? 13.20 has only been out for 3 or 4 weeks.

Scan 1.jpg
    Scan 2.jpg

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Attached is a copy of the letter I got from BRP last week. How long ago was this? 13.20 has only been out for 3 or 4 weeks.

Scan 1.jpg
    Scan 2.jpg
    My response from BRP was yesterday...

BRPResponse.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Many got the letter and most dealers will already know about it. If this message is from BRP then they really don’t know what they’re doing. No wonder our messages don’t get answered, because they don’t know the answers. Wow!
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

​WOW!

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I ended up calling BRP today, really nice person I spoke with said that they didn't show a 13.20 update for BRP Connect. I asked about the warranty bulletin listed earlier in this thread and the person told me that those are associated to machines that need it based on their VIN number. I gave them my VIN and they said mine didn't show any updates? They also mentioned something about an OTA update when my phone is connected to the system - so now I'm just successfully confused about what is really needed lol.

Spyder Garage

I ended up calling BRP today, really nice person I spoke with said that they didn't show a 13.20 update for BRP Connect. I asked about the warranty bulletin listed earlier in this thread and the person told me that those are associated to machines that need it based on their VIN number. I gave them my VIN and they said mine didn't show any updates? They also mentioned something about an OTA update when my phone is connected to the system - so now I'm just successfully confused about what is really needed lol.
    the update 2018-0004 (ver 13.20) is for units with the LED Dash. You don't mention what Spyder (year and Model) that you have so i can't tell you anymore.

Cruzr Joe
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 08-26-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP Connect is on the smartphones and updates automatically unless you have it set up differently. As for the 13.20 software update for the 2018’s RT’s and F3’s (excluding the basic models) needs to be done by a Spyder tech at a dealer.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

And that is what I have - a 2018 Spyder RT (considering I mentioned I had 12.2 on my spyder now I guess I figured it would be understood I had a new unit But BRP claims I don't need an update which makes no sense why some people are getting notifications for 13.2 and BRP seems to have no knowledge about it even based on my VIN.

Spyder Garage

Default Mine is a month old

Mine is just a month old and it came with 13.2 installed from my dealer.

willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..